Chapter I

Our First and Last

 

It was a neutral day; the sun wakened the dark night into a bright solemn morning, and later on the day changed, yet still calm.  It was a good time to go out, having some fun wouldn’t hurt my busy homework schedule… I think. 

I got out of bed as my alarm continuously rang, turning my head I smacked it to the ground ending it’s life as broken pieces ran around the floor.  With my legs sternly placed on the floor, I rise off the bed as it squeaks, my body trembling from the lack of sleep due to the excitement for today. 

I walk to the right towards the restroom to save my appearance of the horrifying look the night left, a pale white face, swollen eyes, and wild frizzy hair.  Standing in front of the mirror I was well aware of my presence, I grab my toothbrush and begin cleansing my mouth of bad breath and saliva that built up during my sleep.  Once I finished I start stripping and walked into the shower, cleaning myself for the occasion of the day. 

The feeling of the warm water lingering down my body and massaging my scalp caused a sigh of relaxation draw out from my mouth.  As I finish up I could hear a faint noise playing behind the roars of the showerhead.  Shutting off the water I heard that faint noise clearly now, my phone!  I quickly tie a towel over my body allowing it to absorb the water rushing down.  I run towards my phone flipping it open and squishing it against my ear to hear a familiar voice,

“Charlie are you up?”

“Yeah calm down, jeez.”

“Okay, well are you ready?”

“No, I just got out of the shower.”

“Well hurry up!”

The call ended and her impatience became a bit annoying, but what could I say, that’s just how Olivia acted.  As I turned I noticed a long trail of water that followed me to my bed, my face suddenly looked more annoyed.  Ignoring the large puddle, I opened my closet searching for the right clothes for the day, however it was harder than I expected. 

My hand reaches for a loose coral pink chiffon button up, I threw it on the bed and it lay there dead, but livened up by the beautiful pastel color, yet gloomy because it hasn’t been seen by the world.  I received a text and I already had a feeling it was Olivia, I disregarded it hurrying to my dresser and open the drawer to find white pants resting on the pile of clothes underneath waiting for me, also taking out my underwear which I almost forgot about, but it was hard to find in the darkness. 

The room was still engulfed of shadows except for a small area of the room where the gathered light stood peeking through the openings of the curtains.  Bothered by the dark I flicked on the light and began changing, picking up my underwear  and slipping it on my body.  Now came the difficult part, the pants, at first it nicely suited my legs but buttoning it up was a !  Before adding my shirt nearly finishing the look, I sat in front of my dresser and began layering sunscreen on my face because of my oh so sensitive face that could easily sizzle in the sun. 

Once I finished I continued putting on my clothes, buttoning up my shirt to the middle of my chest and tied the bottom of the shirt revealing my flat stomach.  I walked to the shoe rack struggling to pull out my white flats from the very top and once I had I slid them on my feet.  I added a long silver charm necklace and bracelet that Olivia gave me; it gleamed in the light that came from the windows that surrounded my room.  I left my long blonde hair down, allowing it to air dry, and grabbed my black leather bag heading out the house.

 

==