I didn't fall!!

Star-Crossed

 

 

SUZY’S POV

                    “Aiss Zee! Never fall for a stranger,” my best friend Key said as we shopped around in the mall for new tops and shoes.

                    “Key~ I didn’t fall for him,” I whined, but he just shot me a glare.

                    “It’s so~ written all over your face Zee baby,” he said as he waved his finger in my face.

                                  I sighed and pouted. “I’m serious~,” I said as I moved his hand away. “Besides… it’s like he doesn’t even exist anymore,” which was true. It’s been a week since I’ve bumped into him and we haven’t crossed each other’s path since. “He’s probably forgotten all about me,” I added with another pout. To be honest, I would be pretty sad if he did.

                                  “Doubt it,” Key spat as he dropped more shirts into the basket. “By the way you were talking of this strange and weird incident, you probably have some effect on him as well.”

                                   “Key word? PROBABLY~! Meaning; I probably didn’t!” I retorted as I put some of his shirts back (this guy can shop x__x). “He’s not thinking about me… I know it.”

                                   “Would you just stop doubting yourself?” he said as he snatched the shirts back out of my hand. “I just can’t believe you fell in love with a stranger,” he added as he shook his head.

                                   “Weren’t you and Jonghyun strangers before you-“

                                   “YAH! Jjongie and I aren’t like you and this Joon character, araseo!”

                                   I laughed and nodded as I replied, “Whatever. But I still haven’t fallen for him. I don’t fall in love that easily Key. You should know this.”

                                  “Mhm,” he said as he took the shopping chart away from me.

                                   “Don’t you ‘mhm’ me Kibum! You should know better than to think that of me.”

                                   “I do know you Zee… and you wear your emotions right on your face.”

 

 

                                    We continued shopping around for a little while longer, until Key found the shirt that he felt was absolutely perfect. Once he was sure that he was going to get it, we proceeded to the checkout line and after, we left. Key tried to go back in a couple of more times, however, once we left, there was no turning back.

                                    “You riding the bus back?” I asked as we made our way outside.

                                   He looked at me out of the corner of his eye and let out an exaggerated sigh. “I was going to, but since Jjongie kept asking I told him-“

                                   “So I’ll be talking the bus… alone~,” I interrupted.

                                  “Mianhabnida~,” he cried. “You know you can just always ride with us! Jjongie won’t mind at all!”

                    My eyes widen and I shook my head, refusing his offer. It’s not that I wouldn’t have loved to ride back with them. The both of them are like brothers to me; however they are so~ mushy gushy, I just can’t stand it. There isn’t a second that went by that those two weren’t all over each other. Hugging kissing… ing… you name it, they did it. It is always PDA to the max with them. My stomach can only handle so much.

                    “I’ll just take the bus,” I assured him with a little chuckle. “It’s cool.”

                    The expression of guilt was still written on his face. “But Zee~~”

                     I looked at him and smiled, hushing up his whining. “Don’t worry yourself Kibum,” I said in a sincere tone. “I’ll be fine!”

                     “Are you sure?” he pouted.

                      “Key~! I took the bus home alone many of times before. I’m sure this one will be no different.”

                       Knowing when he has been defeated, he let out a sigh and just nodded.

                       After a talking for a little while longer, I decided to go ahead and go before the last bus ran.

 

                       The bus ride was pretty peaceful; no trouble and no noise at all. When I got off at my stop¸ I sighed and looked around. I was looking for him. Once I caught myself, I placed both hands on my face. “Aissh! What is up with me!!!?” I whined as I rubbed my face. He was the absolute last person I wanted to think about. I didn’t want to admit the fact that I got attached, but it’s true. I really want to see him.

                        Shaking the thought of him off of my mind, I continued to make my way down the street. As I continued my walking, I passed a store that was playing music.

                         ~ Naneun neoui suri Negae neomu yeppun neon eolgi neoman goyeong…~ rang out of the store and into the empty and quiet streets. The sweet melody and the lyrics of the song soon caught my attention. They were just so beautiful, it’s like they were mesmerizing. How have I not heard this song before, I thought to myself, sitting on the bench outside of the store.

                           ~When I fall in love~ love. Fall in love~ love. Nan neoreul joahaetdeon malya~ the song continued and I soon began to sway with the melody and hum along.

                          When it came to an end, I got up and headed into the store, on a mission to find the name of that song. When I walked inside of the store, my mind was completely and utterly blown by the scenery. It had everything ranging from record players to the newest iPod; cassette tapes to CDs; they had it all.

                         “May I help you Miss?” a worker asked me as I looked around.

                         “Ne, I was wondering the na-“. Once I turned around, I was stunned. He works here?

                         “Wondering what?” he asked with a confused look on his face.  “G-Gwaen chana?”

                         I felt my blood rush up to my cheeks and I looked away. It’s obvious he doesn’t remember me.  “Ah… ne… I was wondering about the name of that song you all were just playing.”

                         He smiled and walked up to me. “You’re a fan of MBLAQ?” he asked as he grabbed my hand.

                         “Well... uh… you see… well tonight is the first time… I...”

                         “Oh~ I see. Well the song is called ‘Baby You’,” he informed me.  “Here’s the CD,” he added, walking me over to the counter and then letting go of my hand and handing me the CD. “Would you like to buy it?”

                         I looked up at him and nodded my head. I didn’t plan on buying it, I was just going to download it off of iTunes, but I couldn’t stop myself from saying yes.

                         As he rang me up, he kept going on and on about how awesome the album was and how he thought I would like it a lot. However, the only thing I could actually think about is him forgetting about me! How could he forget the stranger he hugged on that random day? When people ask you, “What’s the craziest thing you’ve done?” that’s something you bring up!!!

                          Breaking me from my train of thought, he told me my total. I paid the amount that was due and began to make my way out of the store.

                         “Wait a second,” he said drawing my attention once more. “You’re Suzy right?” he asked.

                          With a flash of hope in my eyes, I turned around facing him and nodded. “And you’re Joon.”

                           He chuckled a bit and smiled. “Ne,” he replied. “It’s good seeing you again and… I apologize for the-“

                           “No, no. It’s fine,” I laughed. “To be honest, I didn’t think you’d remember me.”

                           He laughed. “I can’t forget a scene like the one we had, let alone you,” he replied.

                           I blushed, but then hid it with a laugh. “I agree.”

                        We talked for while; talking about nothing in particular. But, when the time came for me to go… I had to go. Being a gentleman, Joon walked me outside.

                         “It was great seeing you again Su,” he said as he we stood outside.

                          I laughed at the little nickname. “It was nice seeing you too,” I replied.

                          “We should go out for lunch or dinner sometime…. Ya know… so we can talk more.”

                         My eyes widen as I placed both hands on my chest. “L-like a date?” I asked.

                         He chuckled some more and nodded. “Ne~. A date,” he added.

                        I smile widely and nodded. “Ne,” I said with a little laugh. “I would love too,”

                         He smiled. “Let’s meet at the restaurant down the street Saturday at… 8?”

                       “That’ll be fine,” I assured him.

                        He smiled more and bowed. “Gombayo,” he said and I chuckled. “I’ll make sure that night will be a night you won’t forget.”

                        I smiled and bowed as well. “Alright well, I’ll be seeing you later,” I said as I began walking away, looking back at him.

                        I caught another glimpse of his fabulous smile and sighed. I might like him, but I know I didn’t fall… not yet.

 

 

 

 

Another short chapter~ I know... and sorry. Things also seem to be moving fast past, but the "juicy" parts are coming up so hang in there :D♥