i wouldn't have it any other way

i wouldn't have it any other way

everything is different in the beginning, that, kyungsoo knows. yet, he can barely recall what the beginning was like.

he remembers meeting joonmyun for the first time. the man had left a strong impression on him; a dazzling smile and that great, powerful air hanging around him. he knew from that moment on that if their project group would become reality, joonmyun would be the leader.

he also remembers the first time joonmyun treated him for dinner, they weren't very close at that time, but joonmyun was known for taking such initiatives. it had been a little awkward, of course—or only kyungsoo felt that way, joonmyun was much better at socializing—but joonmyun had a way of just being that made him loosen up himself in front of the other.

kyungsoo doesn't know how he did, but joonmyun, at some point, received a special place in his heart. aside from being their beloved leader and guardian suho, he loved joonmyun. suho had to be strong, independent, and had to take care of s; but who would take care of joonmyun? kyungsoo had walked around with that question in mind for a while, observing the leader in question.

at one point, finally, joonmyun let his guard down. kyungsoo was more than happy to be the one to care of him for once, and he felt special, because he knew joonmyun wouldn't break down in front of just anyone. he had asked sehun to switch rooms with him for the night, and the youngest agreed without hesitation, knowing that the most appropriate person to comfort their leader was their resident umma. kyungsoo sat by joonmyun's bed; arms around him, holding him close as he ran his fingers through his hair, massaging his scalp lightly, and humming a song softly.

was it from then on that their relationship changed? kyungsoo doesn't remember. he doesn't remember when it was that the pat on his back as a greeting was replaced by a whiny and clingy 'kyungsoo-yah' around his neck and a kiss on his cheek. by no means did it mean more than an advanced form of brotherly love, if he compared it to the similar ways the other kids (sehun and jongin) tried to persuade him into cooking for them. but the thing with joonmyun was that he didn't do it when he needed something; he did it, just because.

it gave kyungsoo a reason to believe that he had a special place in joonmyun's heart too. even though those, say, feelings, were never a topic of speech between them, kyungsoo didn't want nor need them to be. he knew all he needed to know without using words, and that's all he really wanted.

"kyungsoo-yah?"

a head popped up from behind the door, a sheepish grin on joonmyun's face. kyungsoo's gaze shifted from the windows to the door, "what's wrong, joonmyun-hyung?" he propped himself up on his elbows and he sat up.

"nothing's wrong, it's just that, well, the kids are hungry." he had that cheeky smile on his face again.

kyungsoo chuckled, "when wouldn't they be?" he stretched out before shuffling through the the doorway, a bright joonmyun holding his shoulders, guiding him to the kitchen.

"are they hungry or are you hungry?" kyungsoo started taking out the ingredients, "where are they anyway?" he pulled his apron over his head and tied the strings together, until he felt two hands pull at the strings.

kyungsoo dropped his hands and joonmyun tied the strings together firmly, "okay, sorry i lied. i am the hungry one."

kyungsoo just shook his head and smiled, "you could've just said so." he felt a weight fall on his shoulder and a great source of warmth against his back; he didn't move an inch as arms sneaked around his waist and he heard a soft, whiny sorry coming from the mouth next to his neck.

kyungsoo still can't recall how their relationship developed into the one it is now, but honestly, he didn't care. all that mattered was that he loved the way things were right now, and he wouldn't have it any other way.
 

a/n: lol idk what i'm doing here i should be studying umma/appa otp!!!! please tell me what you think. n_n