Oneshot

Behind The Mask

 

The man with a shiny black hair waited, roaming his doe eyes across the party room looking for him. He wasn't pretty sure himself on why he had come to this New Year's Eve party in the first place. He was no good at parties anyhow. They always made him feel too self-conscious and he ended up like he was now, hiding and hoping nobody noticed him. Oh, how bloody uncomfortable he got when he was nervous.

Well, truth be told, Jaejoong knew very well why he was at the party: to see Yunho.

Ah, Yunho. Just the thought of him, the chance of a glimpse of his tiny,heart-shaped lips made Jaejoong's heart beat painfully in his ribcage. Yunho was like the sunshine which shone through the horizon lit up the entire world of him.

But tonight everyone was masked. Jaejoong peered softly through the crowd, trying to guess which guest was Yunho. There, he thought, the man over by the coach, the lanky one with the cat mask. It had to be Yunho. No one else could look so enchanting, even in a mask.

He began to walk Jaejoong's way and Jaejoong started to panic. What if he actually talked to Jaejoong?

Yunho came right up to Jaejoong and Jaejoong thought that he was going to faint.

"Hello," Yunho said tenderly. "What are you doing over here all alone?"

"Oh, just looking at the..err,beautiful curtain..?," Jaejoong stuttered and immediately wanted to die because that sounded so ridiculous even to his own ears.

Just then, a deep,heavenly voice began to count down. "Ten ... nine ... eight ... seven ..."

Jaejoong's heart leapt. If they were together at midnight, that meant that Yunho might ...

"Happy New Year!"

Yunho swept Jaejoong into his arms, bent him on a couch, and kissed Jaejoong smoothly, slipping his tongue in the shorter man's cavern and groping his cheeks.

Jaejoong could hardly believe it. How wonderful! And now that it was after midnight, it was time to take their masks off. He reached out deeply and pulled Yunho's mask off his face. It was Yunho! "I knew it was you," Jaejoong said and took his own mask off.

"And it's ... you," Yunho said. "You know, I'm just going to go get some punch."

Jaejoong watched him go. He would be right back, Jaejoong was sure. Just as soon as he had his punch.

And then they would fall in love.

-END-