Beginning of Mishaps

Behind The Mask

 

Kim Hyeri’s / Your POV

You were walking slowly back to your apartment after a very long and tiring day of working at the bar. Even though it was a Sunday, you had to go to work as you needed money to support yourself. Another reason was also because you had no friends to spend time with, being the cold and distant person that you were. While walking through an alley, you heard a familiar voice. You froze and slowly turned your head. A tall figure was standing before you with a smirk on his face.

"Kim Hyeri~ We meet again~ You should know what we want~" He spoke in a sickly sweet voice that made you cringe in disgust.

"Aish! Jung Hwa..." You muttered in irritation before taking off in the speed of light.

"Yah!” Jung Hwa screamed at your disappearing figure.

“What are you doing?!? Go get her!!" He shouted at the group of men who were standing behind him. They ran off after you at his command.

Running away was your specialty. After years of always being chased by debt collectors, you were used to it. You had your stepfather to thank for it, putting down your name as the co-signer of many debts. 

You could hear footsteps coming closer to you and you quickly ducked behind some rubbish bins. After making sure they were finally gone, you came out of your hiding spot, heaving a sigh of relief. You were pretty worn out by the end of the chase and went home cautiously, not wanting to be caught by them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

You woke up with a start and rummaged around to stop your beeping alarm clock. When you finally succeeded, you groggily got up and did your daily morning routine. You checked the time on the clock and realised that you were going to be late for school if you didn't leave soon. You were in a grumpier mood than usual due to yesterday’s event. Sighing heavily, you started running to school. You barely made it into the gates before they automatically closed. A shrill ring echoed throughout the entire school, signalling the start of first period but you took your time walking to class.

"YAH! KIM HYERI!" 

You turned to face the person who called you.

*Oh great. The queenkas are here. My day is just getting better and better.* You inwardly groaned.

"Yah. We need money." stated Hyuna, the leader of the posse.

"So?" You asked innocently.

"Aish! Give us your money! Is that so difficult to understand?!" Yuri, one of Hyuna’s two devoted followers, retorted and pushed you against the wall.

"What if I don't want to?" You coolly replied.

"Wah~ This girl really needs a beating! How dare she keeps talking back to us?!" Yoona, Hyuna’s second devoted follower, angrily screamed in your face.

*Aish. These girls are so annoying. Keep it cool, Hyeri. You've only been here for a week, you don't want to get into trouble already.* You calmed yourself down.

You sighed and reluctantly shoved some money into Hyuna's hand before you could snap and walked away from them. The queenkas stared at you with gaping mouths when they saw how rude you were to them. Stomping their feet, they left in a huff.

Throughout the whole encounter with the three girls, you were oblivious to the fact that a few pairs of eyes were watching you from afar. 

“Heh. She was really brave to go against them. She's really in trouble now. I wonder how long she would last." One of them spoke up.

The rest of the boys wondered the same thing and was really interested to see how you would handle the things that were about to come your way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You reached your class late but didn’t bother to apologise to your teacher, walking past him like he was invisible. You settled down in your seat at the back of the class, near the windows. Throughout all the lessons, all you did was gaze out the window, staring blankly at the greenery outside.

Soon, the bell rang once again to signal the start of lunch. You stood up and walked over to your locker. The loud chattering that you heard in the hallway suddenly died down and the students parted like the Red Sea.

*It's them again. The weird gang with all the kingkas.*

Twelve good-looking boys walked across. You could hear the girls giggling and whispering to each other.

"It's EXO!!!"

*EXO? What a weird name.*

"Omo! Kai oppa is so hot today!"

"Luhan Oppa!"

More shouts of 'oppas' could be heard.

Thanks to the girls that kept talking about them since the first day you transferred, which was last Monday, you already somewhat managed to memorise their names and faces. You rolled your eyes at the squealing of 'oppas'. However, you were used to it by now. The girls in your school were all head over heels over them except for you and maybe some other girls. You agreed that they were good-looking but they were just not your type.

As they passed by, you noticed that Kai and Kris were both looking at you with smirks on their faces. You raised an eyebrow and walked away to the peaceful school garden. You took your normal seat underneath the huge shady tree. Since you transferred, you've always eaten your lunch there alone. You hated crowded places like the cafeteria and preferred the garden instead.

"You should be more careful from now on. You managed to piss off Hyuna and her gang." A deep voice startled you. Looking up, you saw a very tall guy standing in front of you. His voice really surprised you as it didn't match his baby-face.

*He looks familiar. Where have I seen him before? Hmmm... Ahhh~ He's one of the tall dudes in EXO. What was his name again? Sehun? Chanyeol? Chanyeol! Right~*

"I can take care of myself." You replied with your usual poker face.

Before he could say anything else, you got up and headed towards the school, already done with your lunch.

"Interesting girl." Chanyeol muttered with a glint in his eyes as he watched your retreating figure.

Unknown to the both of you, three pairs of eyes were watching your every move.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

School passed by really quickly with you dozing off for all the lessons. When the final bell rang, you swiftly packed your bag and walked out of your class towards your locker to put all your books away, only to find the three queenkas waiting for you.

"Follow us!" Yoona commanded.

You sighed and unwillingly followed them to a secluded area in the school. 

PAKK!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~