New Beginnings

The Chase

 

 

This was it.

The day had come.

After years of hard work it was finally time.

Im Yoona stepped into the NYPD Headquarters with a smug look on her face. No longer did she have to wear a cop uniform that made her look like a stripper! No longer did she have to be submitted to the disgusting looks of older men! It was time to be taken seriously. She pumped her fist in the air and thought of how all her hard work had finally paid off! She wasn’t just a pretty face anymore! She was now an accomplished high ranked woman! She was no-

Her internal tirade was interrupted by laughter she knew quite well.

“Jeez Yoona, just by the look on your face you can tell you’re giving the ‘no-longer-a-stripper-looking-cop’ speech in your head!”

Yoona turned to look at her blonde friend who was failing to hold in her laughter.

“Jessicaaaa” Yoona whined, “You ruined my perfectly good monologue! Things were about to get epic!”

Yoona pouted as she playfully pushed her laughing friend.

“I’m sorry hahaha!”

Yoona couldn’t help but crack a smile. Jessica, although blunt and a tease, had mentored Yoona during her time as a cop and had helped her achieve her goal of today.

“Seriously though, I was getting sick and tired of people thinking I was a e!”

“Well to their defense you did pose as one during your time at the drug unit” Jessica smirked reminiscing on Yoona work “uniform” during that time, much to Yoona’s embarrassment. After all they were hardly uniforms since she was half most of the time.

“And on the plus side” Jessica said as she entered the elevator and quickly pressed the button to the ninth floor, “at least you looked like a high end stripper, it’s all your fault you make one y cop” Jessica winked and pressed the button to close the elevator door.

Yoona’s eyes widened as she tried to reach the elevator however the laughing Jessica had closed the door before she could get in.

“Aish! Jessica!”

 

 

*******************************************************

 

Tiffany Hwang made her was to the underground facility as quickly as she could. Her informant had sent her important news and she had to share it.

“’Morning Miss Hwang” said the security guard at the door. “I take it it’s an urgent matter”

Tiffany quickly smiled at the guard as he opened the door for her. “You have no idea”

“Well President Kwon is in her office”

“Thanks!” Tiffany rushed into Yuri’s office so quickly she almost took down the door. “YURI!”

Kwon Yuri looked up from her desk with a coffee cup in hand. She raised an eyebrow and said “Good Morning to you too sunshine. So… tell me what’s got you breathless, not me I hope”

“Ugh this is no time for flirting I have news!”

“What is it?” Yuri raised herself from her chair. By the look on Tiffany’s face it was something she probably would have to deal with immediately.

“The police have launched an investigation. They want to take us out. All of us. Not to jail or interrogation but to the grave.”

Yuri slammed her fist against her desk, “Damn it!”

 

*******************************************************

 

“Welcome Yoona!” two rather short girls stood before Yoona each with a cupcake at hand. They handed her the cupcakes and led her to a desk.

“This will be your desk from now on!” The shorter of the two smiled brightly “Im Detective Lee but just call me Sunny”

“Thanks, nice to meet you” Yoona took Sunny’s outstretched hand and shook it.

“Wow Yoona your hands are really soft!” Sunny started examining Yoona’s hand until they were interrupted by a sound; someone had cleared their throat.

“Hi! I’m the Head Detective. Detective Kim, but just call me Taeyeon” Taeyeon smiled at her before taking a quick irritated glance at Sunny, which didn’t pass Yoona’s attention.

Before Yoona could ask about it Jessica waltzed in. “Well I guess its nap time”

“Why do you say that?”

“Well Yoona, because we are women we aren’t exactly considered equals here. I know there’s all that ‘we even have a women unit’ bull but they still don’t really take us seriously.”

“Jessica! Don’t give her the wrong idea. Listen Yoona, we are every bit as much part of this department as anyone else. And for your information” Taeyeon drew out the last word as she looked sternly at Jessica. “We are due in the meeting room in ten minutes for a new case.”

“Whatever” Jessica mumbled attempting to go to sleep. At this Taeyeon quickly grabbed her by the ear and pulled her up.

“Jessica this is important!”

“Ouch! Sunny tell her to stop!”

“Sunny isn’t going to save you this time!” Taeyeon tried to pull Jessica towards the meeting room.     

“Oh and why not!? Sunny!” They all turned to Sunny who looked almost irritated.

“Leave me out of this. If you guys want to flirt don’t involve me.” She quickly made her way out and to the meeting room.

“Flirt?” The remaining girls all simultaneously questioned.

“….”

“….”

“Umm… Taeyeon?”

“Yes Yoona”

“I hope you don’t take this the wrong way but… is there something going on between you and Sunny?”

To this both Jessica and Taeyeon looked slightly shocked. “N-no Yoona there’s nothing going on between us”

“… also Taeyeon?”

“Yes Yoona?”

“We’re late for the meeting...”

“Oh! That’s right! Shi-“