Build-A-Bear

Build-A-Bear...

 

It hadn't been a fight as such. Well it had. Himchan had walked out on him. But Yongguk didn't want to class it as a fight as such, there had been no shouting. Just Himchan walking out. But he'd come back. That was the main point. He'd come back and now they were snuggled up together on Yongguk's old sofa. Himchan  nuzzling his head into Yongguk's stomach. They weren't speaking but it was a comfortable silence. Himchan suddenly picked his head up and looked at Yongguk before giving him a deep but short kiss. Yongguk smiled a little. "Get rid of her from this apartment" Himchan said trying his hardest to not sound like he was being demanding. Yongguk just nodded, giving Himchan another kiss before getting up off the sofa, and getting a bin bag. Himchan was amazed as he followed Yongguk through the house as he put photos, books, clothes and other things that either were of, belonged to or were bought by her. Himchan was amazed at the reaction that Yongguk had, once Yongguk had finished packing up all of Jieun's stuff he turned to Himchan and smiled a little. 

 
"We're dropping this off at hers." Yongguk said emotionlessly. Himchan wanted to say why can't you just throw them out, but he knew why and he knew that Yongguk agreeing to get rid of all of her stuff was a huge step forward for him. Himchan nodded, and stepped forward to give Yongguk a kiss. Yongguk dropped the bag to the group to wrap his arms around Himchan's waist. Himchan wrapped his arms around Yongguk's neck pulling them closer together. They'd kissed enough times to be able to manoeuvre without any awkward clashes or bumps. Their hearts beat as one, in perfect sync with each other. Himchan was the one to pull away from the kiss first. Yongguk smiled at him and gave him a quick peck before going off to his room to get dressed. After coming out dressed he found Himchan asleep on his sofa, he laughed a little, walking over to his boyfriend and giving him a quick peck. "C'mon sleeping beauty let's go out." Himchan woke up and looked at his boyfriend pulling him closer for another kiss. 
 
"Gukkie, can we go shopping after we drop the stuff off?" Himchan said knowing that Yongguk would agree. Yongguk nodded giving Himchan another kiss. The couple then got up and walked out the apartment carrying the bag of Jieun's things. Yongguk packed it in the car and then got in the passenger's seat of the small car. He couldn't drive but he was lucky in the fact that his boyfriend could. The car was however Yongguk's so Himchan could and would only drive it with his boyfriend's permission. Himchan pulled out of the car park and began driving. Yongguk didn't say anything he just leant back on his chair and watched as his boyfriend drove. Himchan said nothing he was aware Yongguk was watching him but he liked the feel of Yongguk watching him, it felt so good. Himchan pulled up outside Jieun's house. "Want me to come with you?" Yongguk nodded, getting out of the car. 
 
Himchan got out of the car and smiled as Yongguk got the bag, holding his other hand out for Himchan to take. Himchan took the hand and gave it a little squeeze. Yongguk tried to smile as he knocked on the big door. Himchan felt as Yongguk tensed a little and the door opened, it was Jieun's new boyfriend, he looked at Yongguk and raised his eyebrow. "We need to see Jieun, I don't really want to argue with you" Yongguk said plainly, the guy nodded and called Jieun, who came to the door. She was dressed in a floaty, perfect for the summer weather. She looked at Yongguk and didn't say anything, her eyes moved to Himchan and then to their tightly clasped hands. She smiled a little. 
 
"I knew you'd get with him in the end" Jieun smiled, "You look good together. Now why are you at my house Yongguk?" She said looking back at Yongguk who just silently handed her the bag, she smiled a little. "Thanks, I hadn't wanted to go to yours in case you hadn't moved on and seeing me would make everything worse." Yongguk smiled back at her. "So I guess I'll see you around, and Himchan" Jieun turned to Himchan, "Look after him. He's not good with words but when he does say what he feels everything is worth it." Yongguk looked down embarrassed a little by this conversation. A blush flared a little when he heard Himchan laugh a little. Jieun bid them goodbye and then closed the door. Himchan was still laughing as they walked back to the car. Himchan tugged on Yongguk's hand to stop him. They were standing by the side of the car. Himchan smiled at Yongguk. 
 
"We did it." He smiled a little, "Thank you," Himchan said, pulling Yongguk closer, and down for a chaste kiss. Yongguk smiled against Himchan's lips, he wanted to go home and make out with his boyfriend on his sofa, or in the bed, he didn't care. He knew Himchan wouldn't appreciate being asked to go home because Yongguk wanted to get a little more intimate. Himchan hated that. Yongguk knew it, he was usually one to try and push his luck but he knew today it was better if he didn't. They both got in the car and Yongguk watched as Himchan drove, he flicked the radio on, but the music was background, Himchan was singing along and that was all that Yongguk focused on. Himchan smiled a little and looked across at Yongguk "I'm not going to disappear." he laughed. 
 
"You almost did" Yongguk said quietly. To which Himchan went silent. Yongguk breathed a little "I'm sorry Channie." He said quietly. Himchan just shook his head and smiled, he regretted leaving in the morning, he knew he should have talked it out. He'd always been one to over-react. He knew he could be a diva and he knew he'd hurt Yongguk earlier today. Himchan sighed a little he pulled into the shopping centres car park and parked the car carefully. Once they'd stopped in the car park. Himchan undid his seat belt and leant across to Yongguk, giving him a deep kiss. Yongguk's hands found their way to Himchan's sides to support the slightly younger. Himchan wrapped his arms around Yongguk's neck and pulled himself closer. He pulled back before Yongguk could pull him onto the elder's lap. Yongguk smiled at Himchan and then leant up and gave him a quick peck. "Let's get going" Yongguk smiled. They got out of the car, and immediately their hands clasped together. Himchan couldn't deny that he loved the attention Yongguk was giving him today. 
 
Himchan led Yongguk through the shopping centre until he stopped outside a shop. Yongguk raised his eyebrow. "I want one" Himchan said laughing. Yongguk looked up at the Build a bear workshop sign. He looked at his boyfriend again. "I want one" Himchan whined a little doing aegyo. "Bbang, please" he pouted cutely, shaking his shoulders doing shameless aegyo. Himchan sighed, he knew he'd have to pull out the big guns to get his 'manly' boyfriend to agree to get bears together. "Oppa" he said in the cutest voice he could possibly manage. Yongguk was shocked at his boyfriend calling him Oppa, his boyfriend rarely called him hyung. They weren't many days apart. Yongguk just nodded, Himchan smiled and grabbed Yongguk's hand pulling him into the shop. "You have to get one too." Himchan instructed. Yongguk nodded and looked at the array of animal options he had to choose from. He wanted a bear. He decided that. But there were so many bears to choose from. He picked up a grey one, it seemed pretty manly.*
 
Yongguk tried not to laugh when Himchan held up the bear he wanted. It was blue, what looked like a flannel material, it had fish on it and was holding a fish.** "I want this one." Himchan said smiling like a child who'd just woken up at Christmas to see piles of presents at the end of his bed. They went to join the queue to the fluff machine, surrounded by children. Yongguk noticed the mothers looking at his and Himchan's hand. He didn't want Himchan to see the scathing looks they were being given. Himchan moved his hand out of Yongguk's when a child came up to him. Yongguk stood awkwardly as Himchan doted on the children. Yongguk was never really a children person. Himchan however, was. When it was their turn to have their bears stuffed. Himchan sorted them both out, then they went to heart section. Himchan picked two personalised hearts. Yongguk raised his eyebrow. "You record a message" Himchan said smiling. Yongguk nodded and went to quietly record his message for Himchan as Himchan recorded the message for Yongguk. 
 
They put the hearts in the bears who were then stitched up. Yongguk paid for both bears which they named Fishie the bear... - Yongguk noted Himchan's originality - and Yongguk had named his bear ChanChan, despite the fact that Himchan rolled his eyes Yongguk was happy. They walked out of the shopping centre hand in hand, their bears in the carry cases they were given. They'd agreed not to squeeze the bears to hear the heart until they got back to Yongguk's as Himchan wanted to stop over. Yongguk smiled as they sat in the car, as Himchan drove in a comfortable silence. Himchan was just smiling to himself as he drove and that made Yongguk smile. He felt he'd made his boyfriend really happy for the first time he was pretty sure they were in complete happiness together. 
 
When they were back in Yongguk's apartment, they were sat on the sofa together, Yongguk's arm around Himchan. "Squeeze your bear" Himchan said, handing ChanChan to Yongguk. Yongguk nodded and squeezed the bear. "Gukkie" sang Himchan's voice. "I love you so much. I hope I make you as happy as you make me. I know I can be a handful but thank you for loving me back. I love you" The message stopped and Yongguk smiled, leaning over to give Himchan a quick kiss. 
 
"I need to grab a drink, but you listen to the bear" Yongguk said moving Himchan's legs off his lap and went into the kitchen. Himchan pouted a little, he wanted Yongguk to be here but he pressed the bear and smiled as Yongguk's deep voice sounded out "Himchannie, I know I don't say it often but you really do mean everything to me. I love you so much. I really do even if I don't say it to you. There is no one else but you. I love you." Himchan got up after the recording ended and went to the kitchen to find Yongguk just standing there with a glass. Himchan smiled at him and wrapped his arms around Yongguk's waist and pulled himself close to Yongguk resting his head on Yongguk's chest. He knew why Yongguk had left the room, he knew Yongguk was shy, he was almost afraid of his feelings. "I love you." Yongguk managed to whisper. 
 
"I love you so much Yongguk" Himchan said holding Yongguk tightly. "Jieun was right, it's worth waiting to hear your feelings." Himchan smiled to himself. He then looked up at Yongguk and stood on his tip toes to kiss Yongguk softly. Yongguk's eyes fluttered shut as he kissed Himchan back. Just holding him close, when their kiss broke Yongguk rested his forehead on Himchan's. 
 
They both knew this was where they were meant to be.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 
 
Any feedback is appreciated.