Paunchy

Paunchy *One Shot*

“Kyuhyun, you’re getting paunchy,” Siwon suddenly blurted in front of the younger. It was dinner time for the group and it hadn’t gone unnoticed by Siwon that Kyuhyun had taken quite a large plate of food back to the table. Kyuhyun hesitantly examined his plate of food, noticing the portions were indeed three times larger than, let’s say, Ryeowook’s or Jungsoo’s. He glanced at Siwon who was sitting with the most expressionless look on his handsome face.

            “Siwon, don’t you think you were being a bit blunt? I mean, I know that he took more than us, but couldn’t you have told him without being an about it,” Jungsoo said, breaking the awkward silence within the group, “Kyuhyun, tonight will be the only exception. Remember, we’re a big group. Think about others first, then yourself, understood?” Kyuhyun stared at his leader for a bit before he finally acknowledged the elder’s words. He nodded his head slightly before he resumed eating; slowly.

 

-X-

 

           

            The next day was interesting for Kyuhyun. Especially since he didn’t eat anything from the time he woke to his bed time. The group was highly concerned for the younger’s sudden change of attitude, of course putting the blame on Siwon for his sudden outburst that Kyuhyun was getting chunkier. The other members didn’t deny it that Kyuhyun was obviously putting on a little weight, but they didn’t plan for him to find out through a blunt statement such as that.

           

-X-

 

 

“Um, has anyone seen Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae asked the members during their down time after recording for their sixth album.

Responses like, “I haven’t seen him all day” and “I heard the front door close at around 5am” flooded the room. Siwon sighed and presented some knowledge of Kyuhyun’s whereabouts.

            “He’s working out at the gym in SM’s extended building.” The others looked at with questioning eyes as to why Siwon knew this.

            “He woke up at around 4:30am…Didn’t you guys read the note? I mean it was in a VERY obvious place, the damn refrigerator.”

            “The fridge,” Donghae said, “I don’t see a—WOW okay, so Kyu did leave a note!” Donghae jumped in surprise.

 

>click!<

 

The lock to the front door sounded after Donghae spoke. The door opened to present a sweaty Kyuhyun wearing a white wife-beater and black basketball shorts, with red New Balance shoes. Kyuhyun stood at the doorway wondering why everyone was looking at him like he was a new member.

            “Oh, hello Kyuhyun,” Jungsoo blurted. The others’ voices rang throughout the room with their ‘hellos’ and ‘welcome backs’

Kyuhyun frowned slightly.

            “Judging by how you all are reacting to my return, it’s obvious none of you saw my note.” Kyuhyun sighed heavily before kicking off his shoes and walking towards the room he shared with Ryeowook. Siwon suddenly took off towards Kyuhyun’s room, closing the door behind him. He stood there, his back to the door watching as the younger took off his shirt, exposing a slightly pudgy belly. Siwon felt an urge to poke it, watching it jiggle as he poked it, but he knew it would cause Kyuhyun to become even more self-conscience about his body.

            “Kyuhyun…” The younger jumped at the sound of Siwon’s voice, dropping his shirt on the floor.

            “S-siwon, what are you doing in here?! Go away, I’m changing!”

            “Kyu, we’ve been in the same group and dorm how long? I think I’d be use to seeing people change in front of me.”

            “B-but my belly…it’s…”

            “Kyu, listen…I’m sorry, truly. You know I speak my mind! Besides, your body is fine. People are the way they are, you just happen to have a little fat in your stomach area. That doesn’t stop you from being the amazing singer I know and love. And just so you know I love you in the friendliest way possible…don’t get the wrong idea, ehehe.” Kyuhyun just stared at the elder man in awe of the sincere apology. A smile was plastered on Kyuhyun’s lips and before he knew it, he was caught in a laughing fit. He fell to the floor, a loud thud resonating through the small room.

            “Kyuhyun? Are you okay?!” Kyuhyun just continued laughing; not understanding what was so funny that it could bring on such laughter from him.

            “Oh Siwon…” he managed through some minor chuckles, “you’re an interesting man...”

            “What? Interesting? Me? I know that already! Okay, Kyu, haha, do you forgive me or not?”

            “I do…I do...” He looked at the man hovering over him, raising a slender- hand to poke the bridge of Siwon’s nose. They both just smiled at each other before breaking into another fit of laughter.

 

 

A/N: I have no idea where this came from. It, just, came...idk. Leave comments, subscribe, etc. I'll give you cookies. :3