Just the bestfriend

Just the bestfriend

I pulled out my earphones out of my ears and panted. I will never go jogging ever again. Exercising wasn't really meant for me. Damnit. I need a coke. I pulled out my cell phone, which luckily, didn't fall out of my sweat pants. I tried not to smile as I saw my phone's wallpaper. It was a picture of the two of us, grinning like idiots in a snowing night. How long has it been since we've been together alone?

"Minbae-ah? Are you back?" it was my mother. I sighed and placed my phone back into my sweat pants. I pushed open the front doors of the apartment which my mom and I are currently staying at.

I walked into the furniture-less livingroom "Hey mom."

Mom gave me one of her classic warm smiles "Hey sweetie. You're sweating. Did you jog?"

I chuckled "Yeah, I did." I glanced at the kitchen--it's a mess. Mom probably tried cooking again. Not a good sign though, she in cooking.

"Sungyeol called earlier, he was asking if you were around." Mom said as she went back into the kitchen as I followed her.

"really now? Well, I'll call him back later after I take a shower." Sungyeol was one of my best friends. He was the funny one in the group. He could make anyone laugh even if it's inappropriate. I guess he's primarily the reason why I was close with him. I mean, L wasn't a sociable person, and he was a introvert. I never thought he and I would become friends--that's why I'm thanking Sungyeol now.

 

After a thirty minute shower, I wrapped a towel around my body and dialed Sungyeol's number.

He picked up after the third ring "MINBAE~!!!!" I had to pull away from the phone since he literally screamed into the phone.

I smiled to myself "Hey oppa, how are you?"

"Heh. I'm fine. Being my usual self. Anyways, are you busy tonight? L's throwing a party."

"let me guess, she's going."

"Of course Hara's going! She's his girlfriend, you know."

I sighed internally "I'll think about it."

"Aw come on, you know L wants you there."

but she doesn't "I don't know, oppa. I have so many things to do."

I heard him scoff "Yeah right. Like what? Do your nails and stare into space? Come on, Minbae-ah! Be a supportive bestfriend and attend their one year aniversary party!"

Yeah, I am his bestfriend--a person he could only look and treat as a normal being "Fine."

He squealed happliy "YAY! I'll pick you up around seven. Wear something hot!" he hung up and left me staring at my phone. I sighed and walked to my closet. Wear something hot? I always try to wear y things--but ofcourse, he never noticed it. Hell, he never even commented about my clothes. Lots of people say that I'm attractive--but I don't give a flying unless that comment came from his own lips! I pulled out a fitted shirt and a pair of shorts. No matter what I wear, she's going to be ier. She's going to be hotter. She's his girlfriend. With another sigh, I fixed my hair.

 

[[SHORT chapter. I decided to write a short story because of my current mood. XD anyways, thanks for reading! *gives cookies*]]