*~FIFTY EIGHT~*

~* ♥ MiNE ♥*~ ft Choi Jonghun (FT Island) & Bae Suzy (Miss A)

 

“Why did you have to argue with your father? You know his condition..” Mrs Bae scolded her daughter as she emerged from the hospital room looking depressed. “Did you eavesdrop from outside Omma?” Suzy asked tiredly. “Well I had to. Just in case the argument worsened.. Seriously Suzy ah..” Mrs Bae shook her head.

“I didn’t say anything wrong Omma! I love Jonghun & I trust him. When you fell in love with Appa in your younger days you must have felt the same way as I do now.” Suzy answered raising her voice. “Ssh.. Keep quiet & come here.” Mrs Bae led her daughter away so that her husband wouldn’t be able to overhear their conversation. “You really don’t understand your father’s point of view do you?” the older woman questioned.

“And he doesn’t understand my point of view!” Suzy answered indignantly. “Young woman is that any way to talk to your parents?” Mrs Bae glared at her daughter who glared back at her defiantly. Mrs Bae finally broke eye contact when Suzy refused to do so. She was used to it. Her rebellious daughter who made her father and mother both happy & frustrated to be her parents. Suzy was a filial child & loved her family to death but for certain matters she was beyond reason.

“Omma you have to understand that I really LOVE Jonghun. I really do. He is the perfect guy for me.” Suzy’s expression softened as she talked about her boyfriend. To her surprise her mother had started laughing. “Just some months ago you talked about Jonghun & said how you will never fall for a guy like that in your life.” Mrs Bae clucked her tongue when Suzy turned beet red.

It was true. She had talked to her mother about Jonghun’s womanising & how it turned her off but that was in the past. Before Jonghun had told her he loved her. Before he had changed for her sake. Before they both had gotten intimate & Suzy decided that there was no one else she wanted to be with than Jonghun. “I did say that Omma but things change. Jonghun has changed. I changed.” Suzy answered when she spotted her mother’s sceptical expression.

“But you have changed for the worse. Now you don’t even care for your parents anymore.” Mrs Bae intoned caustically making Suzy wince. “Omma.. Please stop saying that. I love you & Appa and Su Geun very very much! It hurts me when you say such things!” Suzy grumbled her eyes turning sorrowful. “I love you guys to death but I also love Jonghun. I’m not going to change my mind unless someone gives me a very good reason too. Sorry Omma.” Suzy said stubbornly before walking away.

If she kept talking to her mother chances are that they were going to get into a huge argument in the hospital. Suzy didn’t want that to happen. “Don’t walk away from your life like you’re walking away from me now Bae Suzy!” her mother called out.

“I can’t believe this.. I can’t believe they are making me pick between my love & my scholarship. I will not be happy away from Jonghun. Why can’t they just understand that I will never be happy without him now?” Suzy splashed some cold water onto her tired face & looked up at her wet reflection. Her eyes were red-rimmed & had lost their usual sparkle. She was tired. So tired of all the upheavals in her life.

“Come on Bae Suzy! Chin up! Remember what Jonghun told you? We’ll face this together!” Suzy found a small smile making her way across her face. Being in love with him had made her so much more determined than she had been before. The Suzy of the past would have given up hope but not the current Suzy. She had her Choi Jonghun who was always going to be there for her.

“Though I think I’m scaring him off with my family problems..” Suzy recalled the last conversation she had with Jonghun & felt her smile fade slightly. He had seemed so cold. Cold and distant. “He isn’t usually like. Usually he’s the one telling me he loves me endlessly..” Suzy felt a little hurt as she replayed Jonghun’s emotionless voice back in her head.

“I need to see him.” Suzy made up her mind. She wanted to take up his offer of sleeping in his arms. There was nothing more comforting to Suzy for the past few weeks than Jonghun’s reassuring arms & warm chest. “I love that babo.” Suzy told herself feeling her heart swell with happiness. “I love him & I need to see him.” Suzy checked her watch. It was almost eight am.

“Wow.. It’s morning already?” Suzy stared at her watch. She couldn’t believe that she had spent eight hours in the hospital. Checking her reflection one last time Suzy grabbed her bag & rushed out of the washroom.

Jonghun heard the incessant buzzing of his cell phone & groaned. His head was heavy as if a ton of cement was resting on top of it. When the ringing ceased to stop Jonghun sat up with an annoyed groan. “Jeez.. Who is that disturbing my sleep?” he grumbled as he grabbed his phone. He brightened when he saw Suzy’s name flashing across the screen. However he realised that he had to not sound as excited as he felt to hear her voice again.

“Hello.” He answered solemnly. “Good morning babo! How are you feeling? Did you get a good rest last night?” Suzy’s cheerful voice sounded through the other line. “I’m fine. Still a little tired.” Jonghun answered evenly. There was a small pause before Suzy spoke again. “Well are you in the mood for sandwiches?” she asked him quietly.

“Why would you ask me that?” Jonghun asked. “Because I’m outside your house now with breakfast babo. Open up!” Suzy laughed. Jonghun’s heart sank. So much for staying away from her. Now she was at his doorstep with breakfast. “Fine. I’m coming.” Jonghun hung up & plopped back down onto his bed. Suzy might not understand it but she was harmful for his mental health.

“However now I’ve no choice but to entertain her.” Jonghun got up from the bed & headed out of the bedroom. When he pulled open the door he found Suzy standing on the doorstep in the clothes from the previous night holding a big brown paper bag. “Sandwiches and orange juice!” she smiled. Jonghun let her in wordlessly.

Suzy watched Jonghun’s stiff attitude & felt her heart sink slightly. He was being so distant & it was confusing Suzy. “Are you okay babo? You look sick.” Suzy put the breakfast bag down & reached for Jonghun. He stiffened even further when she felt his forehead. “You’re not having a fever but you’re still don’t look good.” Suzy moved back & saw Jonghun’s shoulders relax.

“I’m not feeling too good Suzy. I already told you.” Jonghun took a seat on the couch opposite Suzy instead of sitting beside her. She stared at him for a moment before grabbing the breakfast bag. “Here you go. Your favourite egg mayo sandwich!” Suzy held out the sandwich to Jonghun. He took it silently & unwrapped it.

“Thanks.” He said after a while. “Anyways I wanted to talk to you about something really important. Can you come over here?” Suzy patted the place beside her on the couch. Jonghun reluctantly walked over & sat beside her.

She was hurt. And disappointed. However Jonghun knew it had to be done. “Babo.. this is really important. This concerns my life.” Suzy took a deep breath & started to speak when Jonghun stopped her. “Actually Suzy I also need to speak to you about something.” He told her quietly. She looked at him expectantly her eyes shining with expectations.

“You’re leaving for London in one week’s time right? Well if then our contract..” Jonghun spoke but he was also interrupted by Suzy. “Yes! Our contract is what I wanted to speak to you about! I can’t believe my parents are against me wanting to stay here with you than leave for London!” Suzy threw up her hands in exasperation. Jonghun stared at the anger flashing behind her large eyes & sighed inwardly.

Mr Bae was right. Suzy was absolutely 100% serious about not leaving for London to pursue the scholarship because of him. Because she was in love with him. “Our contract is ending in one week.” Jonghun said bluntly causing Suzy to stop in mid-sentence. “We should forget the contract babo! Don’t talk about it anymore! I’m not leaving. I’m staying here with you. I want to go live in the cottage on Tree Top.” Suzy smiled entwining her hand with Jonghun’s clammy one.

“That is what I want to talk to you about. Will you hear me out?” Jonghun removed his hand from Suzy’s warm grasp & wiped it on his jeans. Suzy nodded. “That contract we created for fun.. We should just end it the same way.” Jonghun said carefully. “Pft. That is what I’ve been saying babo! We don’t have to just be together for one month because of that silly contract. We can be together for as long as we like and I want it to be for a long long time.” Suzy smiled at him.

“No you don’t get what I mean Suzy. I want to end the contract. And our relationship.” Jonghun’s voice cracked at his second comment. It was literally killing him saying those words to Suzy’s face. Her pretty face went through a series of expressions mostly of utter confusion. “You are joking right? Just trolling me you babo!” Suzy punched him playfully.

“No I’m not. We should end our relationship as soon as our contract ends. Actually I think it would be better if we end it now.” Jonghun said avoiding Suzy’s eyes. “But I..” still looking confused Suzy opened to protest. “It’s too much baggage for me Suzy. You’ve known me for a long time now. Don’t you know my character? I ask my girlfriends to leave the morning after because I don’t want the excess baggage.” Jonghun stood up & started pacing the living room.

“You told me that I was different & I believe you. I don’t know why you’re acting this way babo.” Suzy stood up & walked towards him but Jonghun held up his hand to stop her. “You are not. You are not any different from my other girlfriends okay Suzy? Please realise that.” Jonghun snapped. She drew back as if she had been slapped. “I don’t believe you.” She replied after a painful pause.

“You’re hearing this from my own mouth yet you don’t want to believe me? How naïve can you be?” Jonghun scoffed. “Just yesterday you.. you were there for me.” Suzy said in a small voice. Jonghun bit his bottom lip as he tried to restrain himself from gathering Suzy into his arms. Her eyes were starting to lose their sparkle & Jonghun realised that she was on the verge of tears. He knew that he was going to hate himself for what he was about to say yet the words were already escaping his lips.

“That was because I wanted to get into your pants.” He smirked & saw the light behind Suzy’s eyes extinguish entirely. “What did you say?” she asked in obvious disbelief. “I did that to get into your pants. You were the only woman whom I couldn’t charm or get into my bed. That is why I had to go through so much of trouble just to sleep with you.” Jonghun shrugged.

“You’re lying Choi Jonghun. I don’t know why you’re doing this but you’re lying to me for some reason. Tell me what is the actual problem & we will solve it together.” Suzy still didn’t react the way Jonghun had expected her to. Why wasn’t she getting mad?

“Jeez.. Can’t you take a hint woman? You’ve been dragging me into your family problems for far too long. Our contract of being a couple is almost over anyway. Why can’t we just part amicably? You’re acting like all of my other girlfriends. Trying to cling onto me when I’m not interested in you.” Jonghun crossed his arms across his chest & met Suzy’s eyes.

“You love me.” A tear had slipped down Suzy’s cheek. “I don’t. I got what I wanted & now I'm tired. Let’s just stop this now. I don’t need more drama in my life now. Leave Bae Suzy.” Jonghun pointed at the door. With one last look at her shattered expression Jonghun walked into his room & slammed the door crumbling into tears once it shut behind him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note : I'm so sorry for the delay in this chapter guys. Thank you for all the comments & thank you to my new subscribers as well as my old ones who have not given up on this story. I hope that this chapter was good. Comments & suggestions are welcome. The next chapter will be a rated one. ;)