Studying

The Missing Piece

A few days had passed since the orphan had moved in, but he quickly grew attached to the 2 weirdoes. Taemin wasn’t one to complain, but all he had done since he had got there was study, study, study.

He sighed loudly and stretched. “I know I said I’d help you guys, but it seems like all I’m doing is studying history.” Taemin said as he ran his hand through his hair.

“This is part of your training.” Jonghyun said quickly “You have to get a good grip of the character therefore we make you read up on them and know their history. Really truly know them.” Jonghyun said passionately.

Taemin crossed his arms across his chest and raised an eyebrow. “You expect me to buy that crap? What is this play even about anyway?”

Jonghyun just stood there not coming up with anything. Thankfully Minho had walked in with a box of pizza.

“It’s about a prince who was separated from his family.” He said placing the tray down beside Taemin.

“What about the rest of the cast?” Taemin asked suspiciously “Not once have I seen your guys hold auditions for anyone else. How am I supposed to rehearse without them?” he took a piece of pizza.

“We have them already.” Jonghyun lied “You’ll meet them later.”

“And you have us to practice with. I play the humble servant and Jjong is the court jester.” Minho smiled earning a death glare from the shorter male.

“What’s this guy’s name again?”

“Taemin. Lee Taemin.”

Suddenly Taemin had a vague, blurry flash back for a split second and that name seemed to echo in his head over and over again.

“Are you okay?” Minho asked shaking Min back to reality.

“Huh? Yeah. It’s just- that name sounded familiar that’s all.”

✗✗

 “How old were you when you were kidnapped?!” Jonghyun asked

“12.” Taemin replied

“Who is your favorite uncle?”

“Kim Heechul.”

“Which estate is he in charge of?”

“SungKyung Kwan!”

“What generation are you?”

“umm… uh- forth-?”

Jonghyun hit Taemin on the head with a rolled up paper “Fifth! C’mon, Min! You’re killing me here!”

“We’ve been over these questions 100 times! I’m tired!”

“Hyung, maybe you should take a break?” Minho suggested tired of seeing Jonghyun beat on Min.

Jonghyun took his advice and left the room.

“Is he always this nice?” Min asked jokingly as he took out his necklace and began to play with it.

“He always gets stressed out before a big production. I think I know of a way to help you remember.” Minho said with a small wink.

✗✗

“How is rock climbing gonna help me?” Taemin asked confused as he looked up.

“You’ll see.”Minho smiled.

---

“READY?!”Minho shouted up at Taemin as he leaned back to counter balance their weight.

Taemin looked down, shook his head violently and grabbed onto the rope tighter.

“Your life depends on this! Every wrong answer, I’m going to drop you!” Minho shouted with a smile.

“WHO WAS YOUR GREAT GRAND FATHER?”

“LEE SOO MAN!” Taemin shouted back

Minho let Taemin drop a bit.

“WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR MOTHER?!”

“SHE DIED!”

Minho let him fall some more.

“GIVING BIRTH TO ME!” Taemin answered more thoroughly

“WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE HOBBY?!”

“DANCING!”

“WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR?!”

“BLACK!”

Minho kept dropping Taemin.

“BLUE!”

How was he getting these wrong? They were questions only he knew!

“WILL YOU GO ON A DATE WITH ME!?”

“YES!”Taemin yelled without a second thought. By now he had his eyes shut tight and was ting bricks.

“Boo!” Minho whispered

Taemin could feel Minho’s breath on his face. He opened one eye then the other to find that he was less than a foot off the ground. He stretched out his legs so that his feet were planted firmly on the ground, quickly got out of his harness and smiled awkwardly.

“I don’t like heights.” He confessed

✗✗

With Taemin still full of adrenalin, Minho decided it would be appropriate to take him to an amusement park for their date.

Jumping in and out of rides, running from booth to booth (at one point they even played tag and hide-n-go-seek), eating weird food, and puking up once or twice, it was the most fun Taemin had ever had.

Tired of walking and carrying around all the prizes they had won, they found a bench to rest before heading back home.

They sat in silence, enjoying each other’s company when suddenly Taemin pulled out his necklace and started to play with it.

“What’s that?” Minho asked taking it from the red head. He had seen Taemin fiddling with it all the time.

“I don’t know. I’ve had it for as long as I can remember. I just can’t seem to get rid of it.”

“Look” Minho said pulling up his sleeve to reveal his forearm.

There was a dragon with a funky design around it in black ink.

“My dad gave it to me when I was 15. It’s something I haven’t been able to get rid of either.”

✗✗

“Where the hell have you been?” Jonghyun demanded with hands on his hips.

Taemin and Minho hadn’t even closed the front door and already they were getting yelled at.

“Cotton candy?” Minho offered.

Jonghyun just pushed his hand away. “Do you know how worried I was? We’re wasting valuable time! We should be going over your lines!”

“I won you a bear…” Taemin said pushing the white fluffy toy towards Jonghyun.

“I shall name him Malkom and he shall be mine!” Jonghyun said taking the bear and running to his room.

“He shall.” Taemin said making Minho laugh.

✗✗

“How old were you when you were kidnapped?”

“12.” The person said

“Good.” Kibum said as he jotted down more notes. “Anything else you would like to tell us?”

“I know that Jinki-ssi loves-”

“Loves chicken! Everyone knows this.” Jinki interrupted rudely “Please just get out.”

“But-”

“Please!”

“You should go.”Key said motioning for the boy towards the door.

“That’s it.”Jinki said looking out the window tears threatening to fall. “I can’t do this anymore.”

Key walked over and placed a hand on his uncle’s shoulder.

“I think it’s time I accept the fact that Taemin is never coming home.”

 

✗м α ℓ к σ м ' ѕ к σ я и є я✗

Once again I feel like I’m moving too fast, but this is a (short) story so… ^^

God I’m such a liar. I know I said I would make it Jjong vs Minho, but I decided not.

I have something better for in store for Jonghyun :D

I also changed the age Taemin was kidnapped. I thought that age 6 was too young and he wouldn’t really remember much.

I’m tired and didn’t reread! Love you, guys! ♥

 

creexs2: Originally it’s from Lucifer, but he’ll later get it cut to the Hello Promo! ^^