The Truth

The Missing Piece

All afternoon Minho had been trying to get Min alone so he could talk to him, but thanks to Key that wasn’t happening. Key never left Taemin’s side. Not at the hair solon where both got new hair cuts, not at the beauty solon down the street where they got manicure, pedicure and facials. “Only the manliest of men will actually do.” According to Key and definitely not as they went shopping.

“Let’s see!” Key said clasping his hands together as he, Minho and Jonghyun waited on the other side of the dressing room door.

Out stepped Taemin dressed in a dark blue pressed suit.

“I knew it!” Key exclaimed.

He had Taemin try on at least 6 other suit before this one. The poor boy was so tired of coming in and out of the dressing room only to be sent back in with another suit. He was also tired of being the last one to check out. Key had already chosen suits for himself and the other 2. He had a red one, Jonghyun Grey and Minho Black.

Minho and Taemin were getting ready to go pay when suddenly the heard a loud crash the direction of the changing rooms. They both turned just in time to Jonghyun and Key faces plastered together with their hands all over each other falling to the changing room Taemin had been moments ago.

“Wanna go get something to eat?” Minho offered. He knew this was going to happen sooner or later he just wished it would’ve happened later.

All day it seem that Jonghyun and Key could NOT get along. They never agree on anything. The one thing they did agree on was that they hated each other right off the bat, so seeing them like this now, really confused Taemin.

“Yea- What just happened?” Taemin asked still looking at the closed door as Minho pulled him away.

✗✗

“There’s something I have to tell you.” Minho said suddenly as he and Taemin waited in line to order.

Taemin looked up at him curiously. “What is it?”

Minho was about to answer when he looked past the younger boy and saw a familiar face across the street. The figure quickly disappeared into an alley when he was sure Minho saw him.

“Taemin order for me, okay?” he said walking past Taemin and leaving the shop.

“Did he just call me Taemin?” Min thought to himself.

---

Changmin was leaning against the wall of an old building, having a smoke as Minho turned the corner and walked up to him.

“What are you doing here?” Minho demanded

Changmin released the smoke from his mouth before replying.

“Choi Minho.” He said as his lips curled up in a smile. “It’s been a long time, almost too long.”

“What do you want?”

“When I heard that you were back in town I just had to see for myself.” He continued, ignoring the other’s question. “Word is you found the REAL Lee Taemin.” He put the cigarette up to his mouth and inhaled. “It didn’t take long to put two and two together. I must say I’m impressed.”

“What do you want, Changmin?” Minho asked again.

“Soo Man wants his money and I’ve come to collect it.”

“Those affairs were with my dad.”

“Who’s now dead, therefore fall to you.”

Minho scoffed as his hands began to turn into fists. He had gotten in a fight with Changmin before, he wasn’t afraid to do it again.

“You’re wasting your time cuz I ain’t giving you .” Minho spat. “The money Soo Man lost was his gamble, not mine.”

Changmin dropped the cigarette on the ground and stepped on it.

“Oh he’ll get his money. We wouldn’t want anything to happen to Jonghyun now would we?” the taller male asked with bigger smile. Just then Minho heard the familiar voice of his friend across the street. He was so oblivious to everything as always to noticed he was being watched by someone else. Minho turned back to Changmin and remained silent. Minho didn’t need to say anything. His silence had confirmed his agreement.

 “Good boy.” Changmin said as he turned to leave.

After Changmin left, Minho cursed under his breath and kicked the closets dumpster next to him in frustration, causing it to echo in the narrow alley. How could he be so stupid! Of course they would know how to find him now. He walked back to the shop thinking about how he was going to get out of this one.

“Is everything okay?” Taemin asked as he brought the tray of food back to their table.

He could tell there was something on Minho’s mind.

“Everything’s fine.” Minho lied.

✗✗

“Where’s Jonghyun and Key Hyung?” Taemin asked as he and Minho waited patiently outside the doors of seminar room. They were told that Lee Jinki would be there.

“I don’t know. Key told us to meet him here.” Minho looked up and saw the time: 10:30 PM. “They’re probably making out somewhere.” He said annoyed. The nervousness were starting to get to him.

Taemin didn’t get a chance to ask what was wrong because just then the doors opened and out poured many business men that had been attending the meeting. Minho looked around and noticed that Lee Jinki wasn’t among them.

“Maybe he’s still inside.” He said.

Taemin just shrugged. Both boys were a nervous wreck.

“Okay you wait out here and I’ll go introduce you.” Minho said adjusting his suit.

“Hyung-” Taemin called out before Minho walked in.

“Yeah?”

“Uh- um…I just want to say thank you.”

Minho smiled as he turned to go in, but quickly turned back.

“Taemin ah”

“Yeah?” Taemin was being called that left and right he just answered to it like it was nothing.

“Uh..I-uh..i- umm..”

Taemin just stood there with a blank look on his face. “Yeah?” he asked again

“I just wanted to wish you good luck…so good luck!” Minho smiled finally disappearing into the room.

He closed the door behind him, but not hard enough for it to fully close.

The room was empty except for a man up by the podium and his 2 body guards.

“Annyonghaseyo” Minho greeted with a 90 degree bow.

He had gotten this far the last thing he wanted was to be throw in jail for disrespecting the man.

“Annyonghaseyo” Jinki replied. “How can I help you?”

“Lee Jinki?” Minho asked

“Neh.” The man replied with a smile.

Minho had become overjoyed. “Good sir my name is Choi Minho and I’ve come to tell you that I’ve found your son!”

Minho’s loud voice had caught Taemin’s attention and he couldn’t help but overhear. So Taemin leaned in close against the slightly opened door.

Jinki’s smile disappeared as Minho’s words left his mouth.

“Enough” Jinki said putting a hand up in protest. “I’ve had enough of this.”

“Sir please!” Minho begged “I’ve found him. He’s the real thing!”

“Didn’t you hear me?!” Jinki said becoming angry.

“Please-” Minho insisted

“Choi. Choi Minho.” Jinki said pointing at Minho “I’ve heard of you. You’re the one that’s been holding auditions in search for someone to actually teach so you can pass him off as Taemin. What would you do if you actually fooled me? Split the 50 billion won with him? Well it wouldn’t be necessary would it? Considering this actor would be living like royalty? Are you really that low and willing to mess with someone’s heart and mind like that? Do you know what it’s like wishing and hoping and praying that the next boy in line could actually be the one, only to be told it isn’t really him!?”

Taemin couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“This really is him!” Minho said.

“Get him out of here.” Jinki ordered with the wave of his hand. Immediately the 2 body guards grabbed Minho and pulled towards the door.

“No- wait- please if you’ll just look at him you’ll see!”

Before Minho could say anymore he found himself outside the room that the feet of someone he felt like he couldn’t face.

“You bastard!” Taemin whispered

✗✗

“Uncle Jinki?” Key asked timidly. He had heard what had happened.

“What is it?” Jinki asked sternly.

“Maybe you should really take a look at this boy…I know you don’t want to, but- there’s something about him… that almost makes my heart stop every time I see him. The resemblance is- it’s just. Uncle Jinki…you should see him.” Key finally finished.

Jinki sighed as he rubbed his temples in annoyance. “Bring him to me.”

 

✗м α ℓ к σ м ' ѕ к σ я и є я✗

Okay so I’m back from the dead LOL

Like I said I’ve been busy wif school and such  because it’s almost summer break :D

So for the rest of the week I really hope to update everyday so I can finish this story and because this Thursday I leave to California to go see the one and only JYJ! ^^

If any of you are going to be in San Jose let me know! I would love to say hi or something lol

p.s.i didn't read through. comment replies next chapter :D