잊혀진: Forgotten

Without Hesitation

 

Making your way up to the front door you were happily greeted by Mittens warm meow. She slowly stretched her way over to the front door and released a loud purr to welcome you home. You carefully picked her up and took her over to your bedroom, where you then began to change into your pajamas.

The man who was once there was now gone. You figured he'd be since he usually only stopped by for about an hour or two. He rarely spent the night seeing how he could afford a much more lavish hotel to sleep in. Though his sent remained, you knew too well that he wouldn't be back for a while.

Your home, unlike Myungsoo’s, was cold and abandoned. You weren’t welcomed by the sweet embrace of a mother and father, but a cat. You’ve never cared much for a family to come home to until you saw his. They all seemed so happy to see him, even though he’d only been gone for a few hours. You envied that.

For about the next week or so you avoided Myungsoo’s presence. In the halls, on the street, and at the cafe, you made an continuous effort to avoid him at all cost. You still hadn’t given Suzy the letter that he begged for you to give her due to the fact that you weren’t quite ready to face the fact that she had stolen him from you.

____________________________________

April 17th. Rain. Crowded restaurant. Myungsoo. Suzy. You.

This was the day that it happened. This was the day it all ended… Or perhaps the day it all began. It had been two weeks since you and Myungsoo talked. You still hadn’t given Suzy that damn letter, and you’d come to the conclusion that you were never going to give it to her. To be honest, you didn’t even know why you refused her the letter, since you knew that eventually Myungsoo would just ask her himself, for some reason you just wanted it for yourself at that point.

As you put all of your concentration into a stubborn stain on the countertop you couldn’t help but to overhear the overwhelming chattering of Myungsoo and his friends. Who were they you ask? Well obviously Myungsoo (who was now going by the name of L thanks to Suzy), Suzy, Woohyun, some guy named Dongwoo with an annoying laugh who was in your art class, and some other tall guy with chubby cheeks and a weird sense of humor. The five of them all huddled up in a corner booth while you were hard at work; Suzy’s work that is.

“Hey, isn’t this that one girls binder?” the tall boy announced. He titled his head and began to fiddle through your binder looking over some of the notes you had written down.

“Yeah it’s ______ah’s binder. Leave it alone Sungyeol.” Myungsoo coldly responded. The tall boy jerked his hand back onto his lap at the sound of Myungsoo’s harsh words.

“But I mean it’s not like she needs it, she’s not your tutor anymore, right L?” Suzy asked as she leaned against the wall next to Myungsoo. Myungsoo nodded at her response and began to drink the shake he had ordered.

As they continued to converse amongst themselves you kept telling yourself to go grab your binder before they did something stupid. But you were too afraid to get that close to Myungsoo, especially while Suzy was there. But something wouldn’t let you leave it alone. You almost felt as though you had to protect that damn binder. Deep down, you didn’t really know why, but that old hinder meant something to you. With every scratch, every doodle, and every tear came a memory. Before you knew it, your legs were racing toward their booth. When you finally came to your senses you could see a crowd of people around Myungsoo and his friends chanting something repeatedly.

“DO IT! DO IT!” Dongwoo cheered on with the rest of the crowd.

Do what? You carelessly thought to yourself. As you stepped closer, you finally realized what they were doing. Your heart sank, and although you were usually better at hiding your feelings, tears were running down your face at the horrible sight. You told yourself that you didn't care anymore, that you were over him, but seeing them together rekindled all of your emotions. You looked closely at everyone’s reaction. Woohyun looked as though he was disgusted, while the other two boys were laughing and blushing. Everyone seemed so excited, shocked, even thrilled.. Everyone but you.

It was finally over. The moment their lips touched, you had given up. As tears ran down your face, you watched them kiss passionately knocking over your binder, ripping it in half. Your binder was no more. You glared at the helpless thing as you breathed heavily. Pushing through the crowd, you knelt down to pick up the remainder of your now torn binder. Sobbing uncontrollably, you begin to notice that the crowds attention was now on you. You look around to see Woohyun give a look of strong concern and sympathy, he gets out of the booth and begins to help you retrieve your papers. You could hear the crowd mumble things like, ‘who is that girl?’ and ‘Is she really crying over a torn binder?’, but none of that mattered. None of their opinions had an affect on you. As you thanked Woohyun, you grabbed that last of the papers and headed toward the trash, beginning to throw it all away.

“Hey, what the hell are you doing ________!?” came Suzy’s grim voice from within the crowd.

She gets off of Myungsoo and runs toward you snatching the remainder of the papers you still had. You were silent, refusing to give her any eye contact.

“We still need those notes! How am I supposed to tutor him without that _____!”

“W-What?” you manage to breath out.

“You heard me, now hand them over. From now on I’m his tutor, so you have no use for these notes,” She snatches the bundle of papers from you with such great force she almost lost her balance, as she stumbled back to her seat on Myungsoo’s lap she added “you can keep that cheap binder though, we'll buy a new one.”

The kids that surrounded her began to chuckle at your defeat. If only they knew all that you did for him, if only they knew all that you were still willing to do for him.

As you clasped onto your empty binder, you smoothly turned around and walked out of the café, paying attention to all of the sympathetic faces that you passed. You were numb inside and out. At that point, you could less about Myungsoo, Suzy, or even living. All you knew was that it was just you and the empty rejected binder that you continued to hold onto for dear life all the way home. That was all you had left.

_________________________________________________

As you walked all the way home you payed little attention to stop signs or people, or anything else that could harm you. You decided to take the long way home so that you wouldn't have to deal with anyone who might try to find you. Though the route you took was about a good 15 minutes longer, you didn't really seem to mind much. All you could manage to do at that point was walk. A voice rose from behind you deep within the crowd of people walking the streets, a calm familiar voice. But at that point you didn't feel like dealing with anyone.

"_______ah! _______ah wait up!" came the voice from behind you. There was a sense of panic in his voice.

"Aish! ________ah stop NOW!"

You're feet stopped moving without your permission. You slowly turned around making sure to keep your eyes focused on the ground. Even while staring directly at the pavement, you knew those old beat up shoes from anywhere; Woohyun.

"What's wrong?" you reply in a hush tone. You looked up to see Woohyun attempting to catch his breath.

"I've been trying to find you since you left the cafe, I saw how those jerks ruined your binder so I went out and got you another one. It's not as nice as the one you had before, but it's all I can afford. Here, take it." he huffs.

When he noticed you not attempting to take his gift he takes your old binder and puts the new one in your arms.

"I hope you like the color red, it's my favorite." he grins. You take the binder from your arms and examine it. It was really red, and different from anything you'd ever pick. But the fact that someone managed to do anything nice for you brought a smile to your face. Though you weren't in the mood to smile, Woohyun had the ability to change your mind.

"So.. what do you think? Too red huh?"

Before he could finish his sentence you calmly walked toward him and wrapped your arms around him. You could feel his breathing stop, but you thought nothing of it.

"Thank you Woohyun." you manage to whisper in his ear.

"No problem." he replied. "I didn't know you too your education so seriously _____ah. Geez." he began to laugh at his own joke as he released you from your hug. But when he noticed you weren't smiling, he stopped and apologized.

"It's fine. I guess it just really meant a lot to me. I should probably get going. See ya Woohyun."

"Yeah, see ya later ______ah."

As you turned back to continue your path home, tears began to fall once again, but this time, they were tears of joy.

"No ones ever done anything that nice for me before." you whisper as you glance down at your new binder. Maybe with this new binder, you could finally forget about Myungsoo.

_________________________________________

A/N: Sorry I had to reupload this chapter you guys. I really hope you like it. I managed to add in some more stuff since it's taking me so long to upload my chapters. I hope everyone is starting to see the symbol of binders in my stories. I can see that Rini is starting to get it XD. Don't forget to leave me a nice comment you guys, have a great day :D

p.s- I just wanted to personally thank Rini (one of my avid readers) for continuously helping me with my grammar and going back and summarizing my story. It really means a lot. At first I was a little thrown off by it, but it's really helping me to see the mistakes I'm making. THANK YOU <<333

P.P.S- I also want to thank Infinte saranghae for befriending me on this site and continuously reading and commenting, you're the best <<333