Super Junior: Sensitive

Idol's Friend

It had been half a year. Half a year, since you got your dream job. Half a year since you met some of the most perfect guys and gals on this planet. As you grew close to them, skinship became a norm. You congratulated them with hugs, comforted them with kisses on the cheek and pats of the head, and pinched their cheeks in adoration. You were their secret support system. In addition to tutoring, you monitored their appearances in dramas, on variety shows, and on music performances. They loved your praise, your advice, and your comfort when they messed up, or did something embarassing. They thrived on the extra little bit of attention you gave each and every one of them personally.


That being said, sometimes certain people needed more of your help. Some of the more.....sensitive...individuals, needed you to comfort them when they wouldn't talk to anyone else.


 
The members of Super Junior were in the middle of an interview, while you monitored them from behind the camera. At the mention of a certain event, you clenched your fists. They were talking about pranks and weird dorm stories. You loved it when they opened up to their fans and audience about their true personalities; you were always advising that they be real on variety shows, not superficial. But you knew from experience that these dorm stories could make a few members a little, well...touchy. The members were laughing as they told stories about Donghae, and how he had cried in the bathroom, because Eunhyuk had told him that "he would change." Similarly, it brought on great laughter when Leeteuk told the tale of Siwon and the "horse" texts. Leeteuk had meant the word horse to be a compliment, a testament to Siwon's strong build. But Siwon took it as an insult, and kept Leeteuk awake the rest of the night with his texts of "Do you really think I look like a horse?"


With the interview done, you piled into the car with the guys and headed to their dorm for your usual recap. You could tell that Donghae and Siwon were quieter than usual, so you prepared yourself for the worst.


Back at the dorm, the boys rushed inside, happy to finally be home. You noticed a tall figure slip quietly into his room, so you followed him to see what was wrong. Siwon was sitting on his bed, casually checking his phone, slight sadness apparent on his face. You sat down next to him and gently asked him how he was. He looked up, surprised at your sudden appearance in his room.


With a sad smile he quietly replied, "I'm fine. I just feel awkward whenever they bring up that story. I know I should laugh, but I was really hurt at the time." You had been with him during the incident, and knew just how he had felt. He didn’t look like it, but Siwon was surprisingly sensitive. He didn’t take to being embarrassed well. It usually just stirred up memories that he didn’t want to remember.


You enveloped him in a very motherly hug. He stiffened at first in surprise, then relaxed his body into the hug, nestling his head into your shoulder. A few sweet moments passed before you felt him shaking. Concerned that he was crying, you pulled his head off of you. To your surprise, he wasn’t crying. He was laughing.


"Why are you laughing?!" you said with slight annoyance. You were supposed to be comforting him, not making him laugh.


"It's just, you seem so old..." he trailed off with a mischievous grin.


"MWO?!" you exclaimed with a playful look of shock.


He corrected himself, "I just meant that I am supposed to be the older one. I'm --what-- 7 years older than you? Yet here I am, burying my head in your shoulder, as you pat me on the back."


“It’s my job to take care of you,” you gently reminded Siwon.


Slightly upset by the impersonal answer, he pouted, “Well if that’s all that was. *hmpff* fine then.” He then promptly shoved his head back onto your shoulder.


With a smile, you pulled his head away from your body again. Planting a small kiss on his forehead, you whispered, "You know I love you..." You watched as his lips slowly formed a smile. “...my child!” You finished while laughing and effectively killing the lovey moment of friendship he thought you were sharing.


Siwon pouted adorably before pulling you into a hug, so this time you were pressing your face into his warm chest. "I love you too..." he whispered back. “...mother.” You laughed together and he pulled you in closer for a deeper hug, his mood finally lifted.


After a few sappy moments, you got up and slapped his arm. "Let's go! The others are probably waiting for my feedback on the interview"


Back in the living room, you gave the group your feedback on how they had done. You mentioned the things you liked, the things that could be fixed, and gently chided them for bringing up the Donghae and Siwon incidents again. At the mention of this, Donghae got up and headed to his room. You finished off your speech quickly and sent the other members off to bed before following him.


The door was locked when you got there, so you knocked gently. "Oppa? are you ok?" you asked through the door.


"I'm fine. Leave me alone, please" Donghae managed to get out. You could tell he was trying to stay calm and hold back tears.


That was it. You found the master key in the plant by the TV, unlocked his door, and barged into the room. Donghae was quietly crying on the bed so you rushed over to pull the older guy into a hug. As tears slowly fell down his face, you rocked him back and forth, wiping away his tears as they fell. After a few minutes, the tears stopped, and he began to talk.


"I..I...I just keep remembering the feeling. The feeling that I couldn't control my fate. That I was going to become self-centered and terrible, and there was nothing I could do about it"


"Shhhhh....shhh..shhhh" you whispered into his hair as you calmed him down. "You know that it isn't true. You can change if you want, but you can also stay the same if you want. You are capable of anything oppa" and with that, you planted a smacking kiss on his cheek that made him giggle. “There’s that beautiful smile I love” you said, wiping away any remaining tears on his face.


You let out a big yawn. “I’m tired so I’m heading home okay? Sleep tight, Donghae” you said as you got up from his bed. Before you could leave, Donghae tugged your arm and you fell back down next to him.


 "We've been recording since dinner and its two in the morning now! You are in no shape to drive back home" With a yawn and sleepy eyes, you nodded, unsure of what you were agreeing to. "Stay over for the night," he pleaded with those beautiful brown eyes. He tackled you so you were laying down next to him and pulled the sheets over your head.


Sighing and giggling at his sudden affection, you accepted. Donghae fixed the sheets and tucked them in around you. Being the well-mannered guy he was, he slept on top of the sheets and pulled a second blanket on top of him. He wrapped his arms around you before whispering the last thing you heard before falling asleep, “Good night [your name]. Thank you for everything...I love you~”


You fell asleep within minutes, a smile on your face and your best friend’s arms wrapped securely around you.


- - - - -
[A/N] So this is the first of the "one-shot things" I was mentioned in the foreword! I really hope that Siwon and Donghae don't actual react like this, because then they would be sad way too often! But it made for a fluffy story hehe:) And to clarify, none of this skinship is boyfriend-girlfriend stuff. It's more like REALLY close friends who act almost as if they are dating but it’s really all just friendly...complicated, but it allows “you” to interact with all the celebrities the same way with no complications of cheating and the like! haha yay! Please leave a comment if you like the story:D photocreds to whomever the photo belongs to.