In which Kyungsoo forgot about your birthday

In which Kyungsoo forgot about your birthday

 

This has to be the worst birthday ever.  

Your friends were busy, your family was out of town, and worst of all, it seems that your own boyfriend has forgotten your birthday.  

 

 

~Earlier today~  

‘Hey babe what’s up?’ “What’s up?” Don’t tell me he forgot about my birthday

‘Oh nothing…just wondering what you were doing…Are you busy right now?  

‘I’m at the salon, we have an interview and pre-recording in a few hours, didn’t I tell you?’ Obviously you didn’t   

‘Euhm…did you forget what day it is today?’  

‘Today? It’s June 20th…Oh ofcourse! Exo-M is coming back today! We’re going to pick them up at the airport after our schedule, I can’t believe I almost forgot, thanks for reminding me babe! Oh, I have to go, Sehun is done with his make-up so we’re about to go, I’ll call you later okay? Love you!’  

‘But wai-!’

 

 

You just knew you shouldn’t have gotten out of bed today. You were dead tired from pulling an all nighter for the most useless exam ever, and you were pretty sure you failed it because the teacher hates you.  

This might be the first time ever you’re spending your birthday alone. Idolboyfriend of not, you’d expect a happy birthdaycall from him at least. Heck even a text would’ve been appreciated. It stung your heart even more since it’s the first birthday you’d be spending with him since you started dating.  

In an attempt to cheer yourself up, you decided to your favourite park. Going there always made you feel better, even when you’re in the worst mood. All the memories here  always brought a smile to your face.  

Because this is where he confessed. Because this is where you had your first date and the place where he kissed you for the first time. 

Ofcourse you’d always feel happy when you came to this place.  But while walking to the fountain everything suddenly went dark and you couldn’t feel the ground under your feet anymore.  

You couldn’t help but scream your lungs out and starting kicking and cursing at the person holding you. That is, until you heard that person, correction, 2 people laughing and making a poor effort in calming you down in between their giggles.  

‘Calm down noona!’ One says. He was talking to the other person in between all the giggles, even though you couldn’t understand what they were saying , there was one thing that you noticed. A lisp. And you know only one person with a lisp.  

 

‘OH SEHUN, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU’RE DOING’  

‘Oh sh- how did you know it was me noona?!’  

‘Idiot! You’re the only one we know with a lisp!’ The second person finally speaks  

‘KAI?! What are you guys doing? Put me down!!’  

‘No can do noona, we’re under strict orders~ Please cooperate for now’ You know for a fact that he was smirking, you don’t know what they’re doing but you don't like this  

‘I thought you guys had schedules and are going to pick up M later so what-‘  

‘NOONA JUST SHUT UP AND TRUST US OKAY’  

‘KimJongindidyoujusttellmetoshutupIcantbelieveyouImsotellingKyungsoolater!’ Okay this was getting very tiring. You were about to scream some more when they stopped moving and put you back on your feet. Instead of explaining this whole situation your blindfold was suddenly removed. After you’ve gotten used to the brightness, you started to recognise your surroundings. Kai and Sehun brought you to the other side of the park, which is a little more secluded, and there was a little gazebo behind you. You were actually on your way here before the 2 maknaes pulled their kidnapping act.  

 

Before you could ask more questions you were interrupted by a heavenly voice that could only belong to one person. You didn’t have to turn around to see who it was. It was his voice.  

Can you hear this song? 
Thank you oh baby
You’re so pretty oh  
There’s nothing that can stop me from looking at you 
You're the only one I see continuously

Your mind was filled with so many thoughts, you didn’t even know where to start. Your boyfriend is here. At your favourite place. Singing your favourite song.  On your birthday. His perfect voice was harmonised by Baekhyun, with a few adlibs from Suho to top it off.   But the most important thing was: he was here  

Just when you thought the scene before you was the most perfect thing ever, the song ended. Too soon, but before you can even blink and process everything that had just happened, another song began. Their song ‘Into your world’,  sung by Luhan and Chen. Before you know it he’s kneeled in front you, asking you to dance. You slipped your hands into his, you have a million questions to throw at him, but it’s like you’ve forgotten how to speak. Your eyes begin to form tears when you looked up to his perfect smile, the smile that always took your breath away.  

‘You really though I forgot your birthday didn’t you?’ he finally says  

Still unable to speak, you could only nod your head  

‘I’m sorry I lied and pretended that I did, but I wanted this to be a surprise~ Are you surprised? I’ll let you hit me as much as you want later okay? But this event isn’t quite over yet’ Another blinding smile. You were wondering how you haven’t melted after all this time.

Your eyes wander to where he is looking. You didn’t even know when it happened, but like magic, the most beautiful cake has appeared. You look back at Kyungsoo, who’s already looking at you. You don’t know how he does it, but it’s like you’re falling for him all over again. He leans in and you close your eyes, expecting a kiss, but instead he whispers something for your ears only, ‘There’s no place I’d rather be, than right here with you now, because as long as I’m with you, everywhere is heaven. I love you’  

He finally gives you that kiss you’ve been longing for the whole day, but not before he puts frosting on your face.

 

 

This might be the best birthday ever.            

 

 

 

 

Sooo...hi there ^^ This is the first fic I've written in 5 years I think, so criticism and comments are always welcome!(but be soft on me please xD)

Happy birthday again Yanti! I've edited some parts because some parts were just weird when I re-read it :D