Faithfully waiting

Faithfully waiting

 

Taemin's POV
 
"Am I a retard or something? Or am I just foolish? No way I could have feelings for Minho. No way!" I said to myself while walking down the hallway to Jinki's warded room.
 
It was half past 3 in the afternoon and I couldn't stop thinking on what Jonghyun has said earlier. I was too confused with my feelings right now. I stopped infront of Jinki's room, and take  peep of who's inside. As predicted, Jonghyun is inside reading some article. I carefully open the door and walk straight up to Jinki and sat down. Jonghyun was sure to be looking at me but I ignored him. I caressed Jinki's smooth face and lay my face on the cot side. I then touched his hands like how I  used to whenever I'm with him and hoping these moments will happen again. 
 
"Please wake up dear. I-i'm suffering...." I whispered and again, I sob.
 
With Jonghyun sharp ears, he approached me patting on my shoulder. I looked up to him and he smiled sypathetically. Wasn't he angry at me earlier on? I blinked a few times and therefore I looked back to Jinki. 
 
"Hey, I'm sorry for what just happened. I shouldn't be yelling at you like that." Jonghyun suddenly apologised.
"No, its my fault for yelling at you.. I should have listen to you first." I apologised too.
 
As we were slowly to be back to normal, my phone rang. Its Minho. He called me. What he wants now? I hid my phone lower to me so as not to let Jonghyun see and I told him that I have an urgent call to pick up. Jonghyun nodded and I leave the room picking up his phone. I stay mute until he speaks up feeling sorry and I can hear his sincere tone.
 
Minho's POV
 
Why did I confessed to him just like that? I was such an idiot. I shouldn't have say it. Now what will he think of me? I can't live without him. I can't. After a day of not seeing his face, I began to worry. I'm like a drug addict who's asking for more pills. I know at this hour, surely Taemin will be at the hospital visiting Jinki. I was deciding whether or not to call him. As I pressed his numbers, I cancel it off. I did it for about 4 times and the 5th, I decided to just call him. His phone rings and Im hoping that he would pick up. Indeed it was quite a long time of waiting, but eventually he picked up. He didn't say hello or anything and so I began talking first.
 
"Hey,umm, where are you now?" I start talking shakily.
"Hospital." Taemin replied sternly.
"Hey, look, for what I did yesterday, I am so sorry. Please...please forgive me..." I said apologetically.
"Oh." Taemin again replied sternly yet in a cold tone.
"Please give me one more chance. I won't hurt you anymore. I promised didn't I to be with you until Jinki wakes up..? Right?" I begged.
"I know." Taemin sounded a bit shaky this time.
 
We've talked about 20 minutes before he was called by Jonghyun and also Jonghyun called the nurses. I was wondering what is going on and so Taemin put the down the phone in a hurry without saying goodbye.
 
-
 
Taemin put down his phone shocking to hear Jonghyun opened the door and calling for him panicking. Jonghyun called in the nurses too. Taemin went inside and was surprise to see Jinki's hands moving a little. Taemin's eyes grew big and his heart is pumping fast. Few nurses came in to check on what's happening and a doctor came in too. They were told to wait for a while and after which, the doctor came to speak to them.
 
"I may now say that he is awake." The doctor said with a honest smile.
 
Taemin, who still couldn't believe the miracle, went to look at Jinki, slowly. He was on the verge of tears when he saw Jinki's eyes slowly opening. Jonghyun couldn't ho,d back and so he turned around to let his tears fell. When Jinki's eyes are fully opened, Taemin started crying aloud putting his head on Jinki's chest while clutching Jinki's hopsital uniform. Jinki blinked and saw Taemin on him crying and slowly Taemin's hair. Taemin continue to cry.
 
"I miss you.... pabo!!" Taemin said while sobbing. 
 
Jinki let out a weak laughter and keep Taemin's hair. Taemin lift up his head and faced Jinki and giving him a weak smile.  Taemin misses his eyes, smile, face, everything and so he began to caress Jinki's face. Jonghyun who came in to look at Jinki, wipe his tears away and say a soft 'hello' to Jinki. Jinki raised his hand a little and waved to Jonghyun. Taemin laughed a bit and sniffed. After all the drama, Jinki slowly starting to talk. 
 
"How's school for you two?" Jinki asked curiously.
"uhh, Jinki me and-" Taemin was cut off by Jonghyun.
"Ouh its fine for us, right Taemin?" Jonghyun said and nudged Taemin's shoulder.
"Ahh, I see." Jinki nodded.
 
Taemin was confused on why Jonghyun did that. Jonghyun then asked Jinki to wait for awhile and pulls Taemin out of the room.
 
"Have you forgotten?! The first day that Jinki was admitted?" Jonghyun asked Taemin sternly.
"Huh?! What?!" Taemin asked back.
"You said the doctor told you that when he wakes up one day, he will think its the day after tomorrow.. You get what I mean right Taemin?" Jonghyun explained.
 
Taemin suddenly remembered. In another words, Jinki will not remember for how long he has slept. He will think its the same year as his accident happened. Taemin nodded. The way to make him slowly adapt is to go with the flow with Jinki. They went back inside and Jinki smiles. Jinki kept asking about Taemin's studies and how's the music class went and such. Jonghyun and Taemin need to be good in lying or else, Jinki will get confuse.
 
"Ouh ya, this year is audition for the candidates to apply for the music class right?" Jinki asked.
"Err, yea.." Taemin said hesitantly.
 
Taemin couldn't remember well but insist on asnwering Jinki's question. Taemin sighed and he looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun bit his lips and assures Taemin that its going to be alright. Then, Jinki said he wanted to stand up on his foot. Jonghyun and Taemin willingly said yes and assist him in standing up. But when Jinki tried to stand up, he fell. Even though he stand stabily on his feet but when wanted to walk, he couldn't. Taemin and Jonghyun panicked and went to reach out to Jinki and make him sit back down on bed. 
 
"Are you okay yeobo?" Taemin asked panickly. 
"uhh-yea... yeobo... why can't I feel the floor?" Jinki asked suddenly.
 
*again sorry for all the grammatical errors. Unfortunately, I fall sick today and can't help to just write for this chapter. I hope you won't mind the lame update for today. Thanks for reading <3*