FAILED CONCLUSION

Under the Table (COMPLETED)
Yuki, YurI, Ryutaro, Naru, and Hikaru were inside the glass jimusho. They were seated on the large marble table.
Yuya sighed. “So, all your cases led to only one source, Houmouya gang. This was too much to be a coincidence.”
“It’s not nii-chan. It just means that Houmouya gang had a wide range of hands.” Yuki commented.
Yuya nodded. “Casino, fraternity, white swindling… this is too much for a gang to handle.”
“They might be backed up by influential people.” Yuri said and handed him an envelope. “These are the people they are involved with. We just don’t know who are backing them up.”
The jimusho opened.
Yuya stood up. They all looked at the newcomer.
A man smiled at them. He was really handsome, tall and lean. He looked smart and nice.
“I see that you have a meeting, Yuya.” The man commented.
“You’re just in time Yama-kun,” Yuya looked at the others. “Minna, kore wa Tomohisa Yamaa desu. He is one of the detectives who are investigating the swindling case of Arioka Cayne.”
“Your soon-to-be-wife,” Yamaa commented.
The others stifled their laugh.
Yuya sighed. “Actually, her younger brother will be marrying soon so I guess it would still be long for us.”
The others sighed.
Yamaa shrugged. “Whatever.” He said and faced the group. “Just call me Yamapi. I am helping Yuya to catch the swindling syndicate who took Cayne’s money.”
The group nodded and bowed at him.
“Any lead?” Yamapi asked.
Yuya took a sit. “None yet but I want you to study this.” He handed Yamapi the folder that Yuri just submitted.
Yamapi flipped at it. “For high schoolers, you kids are good.” He commented.
“We are already in the university,” corrected Naru who was pointing at both Hikaru and her.
Yamapi looked at them. “Still good.” He stood up, “I’ll bring this to my office.” He said and went out.
Yuya looked at them, “You did well, kids. I guess it is time for you to concentrate on your other things. We’ll take over from here.” He said.
Yuki stood up. “I’m glad you are the one who took over ojiisan’s position, nii-chan.” She said.
Yuri and the others nodded.
Yuya smiled at them.
“We’ll go now.” Naru said.
“Don’t stress yourself too much.” Hikaru suggested and pointed at the lower part of his eyes signaling the eyebags that were forming on Yuya’s eyes.
“And come home early.” Yuri commanded.
Yuya saluted and they went out.
When they were outside, Yuya stretched his neck then took one particular folder. He would do his own investigation for this person.

The group was complete. When was the last time they had been altogether?
Daiki had his arm on Jhenie’s who was moving her body at the song of Ikemen Koie.
“Those kids are good.” She commented.
“Hai,” Daiki answered.
“And they are cute, too.” Aoi commented.
Kyoumi, on the other hand didn’t look at the stage. She pretended to be busy in whatever she was doing.
Yuki smiled at her friends. They had just finished their undercover missions and most of them are successful. She was really happy.
Hikaru sipped on his beer when Oburi put a hand on his glass. He looked at his girlfriend in inquiry.
“Is that Yuki’s new boyfriend?” she whispered on Hikaru’s ear while pointing at Kento.
Hikaru nodded.
Oburi’s lips twitched and shook her head.
“Hah?”
“I don’t like him.” She answered in a whisper.
“Shh.” Hikaru reprimanded her which made her pout.
Hikaru smiled at her.
“Where is Miharu?” Naru asked. “HeiSei will be performing after this.”
Aoi who is so engrossed with the performance of Ikemen Koie.
“If our baby becomes a boy, I want it to look like Shintarou.” Jhenie commented.
“Eh, nande?” Daiki asked.
“He is so kawaii.” Jhenie answered and smiled at Daiki.
“Oy! I am cuter.” Daiki complained.
“Iie, you’re just small.” Jhenie said.
“Oy!”
“Dai-chan, believe it or not, Jhenie’s right.” Oburi said.
Daiki looked at her and gritted his teeth.
Hikaru smiled at him. “Don’t worry, she always tells me that I am ugly yet she’s crazy about me.”
At these words, Oburi pinched Hikaru on the side.
Hikaru looked at her sullenly and pretended to cry.
Oburi just gave him a glare.
Hikaru smiled at her.
Oburi took his face and shook it before she gave him a quick kiss on the lips.
“AHHH!” Aoi, Naru and Yuki reacted.
Oburi just smiled at them and squeezed herself towards Hikaru.
“I’ve never ever thought you would be that sweet.” Naru commented.
“Uhn,” Yuki and Aoi agreed. “Hikaru was always pitiful whenever Oburi is around when you are still in the school.”Aoi commented.
Oburi smiled and gave them a peace sign.
The girls looked at her as if she was some kind of a freak.
“Are you really Oburi?” Yuki asked.
Aoi was making a cross using her fingers in front of Oburi.
“Nande?” Oburi asked.
“You are not Oburi.” Naru commented.
Oburi looked at Hikaru in inquiry.
“You are not Oburi.” Hikaru told his girlfriend.
Oburi pouted at him and hit him in the head.
Hikaru opened his mouth to complain but couldn’t say anything.
“That is our Oburi!” Aoi exclaimed.
“What? Does she have to hit me to become Oburi?” Hikaru asked sarcastically.
The three girls nodded and smiled at each other.
Hikaru gritted his teeth on them.

Miharu rested her chin on her hand. She was on the bar from her friends table. She just wanted some alone time for herself as she watched Ikemen Koie performs. She was already used to their songs since she had the full album at home.
She laughed at herself. Sometimes her brain works in an amusing path. She didn’t know what to do today yet she just wanted to do something. She sipped on her iced tea. “What? What? What?” she asked herself while tapping at the glass.
“What do you mean what?” a voice said.
She looked at the source.
Kikuchi Fuma sat beside her and told the bartender his order.
She stared at him in inquiry. Is he talking to me?
Kikuchi looked at her and then smiled.
She looked at the stage. HeiSei was starting their performance.
She looked at Kikuchi.
“How was the CD?” he asked.
“Hah?”
“The CD.” Kikuchi made a box drawing on the air.
Miharu thought carefully but she just couldn’t understand the guy.
Kikuchi sighed. “Our CD which I gave you.”
Miharu stared at him as realization hit her. “It was you!?” she exclaimed clasping her hands on her hand.
Kikuchi smiled.
Miharu felt herself blushed in embarrassment. She even pointed him as her favorite member of the group.
“So how was it?”
Miharu gave him a thumbs up. She then took her juice and gulped it down.
Kikuchi became silent.
Miharu stole him a glance. He was watching the performance of HeiSei.
“That group is really good.” He commented. “They have a huge fan base. I hope we can be like them, someday.”
“You’re also good,” Miharu commented.
Kikuchi smiled at her, “Arigatou.”
“Douita.” She answered.
She felt Kikuchi stared at her.
“Do you already have a boyfriend?” he asked.
Miharu was taken aback at the sudden question.
He looked at her waiting for her answer.
Miharu took a glance at Keito who was busy strumming his guitar in the stage. She then shook her head.
Kikuchi smiled at her. “I’m relieved!” he commented.
Miharu looked at her half-filled glass and smiled silently.

The members of Ikemen Koie joined Yuki and her friends.
Kento sat down beside her. She could feel some eyes going to their place. Kento pulled a stray hair in her face and tucked it under her ears. She smiled at him.
Kento looked at her then at Naru. He lowered his eyes as he remembered her.
“You know each other?” he asked Yuki and Naru.
“Shhh!” Yuki and Naru signaled him to keep quiet at the same time.
Kento looked at them and then nodded. He already understood.
Kyoumi, on the other hand glanced at them. She felt awkward with all these people with them. Ikemen Koie even dragged their youngest to their table.
Kyoumi stole glance at Yuma, he was busy talking to Daiki and Jhenie. She sighed.
Jhenie then looked at Kyoumi. She elbowed Kyoumi.
Kyoumi looked at her sister.
Her sister smiled at her and tilted her head towards Yuma.
Kyoumi pouted. She knew what her sister was trying to tell her. Her heart was already pounding inside her chest. She sighed heavily. Why must life be unfair towards her? She looked at Yuri who was watching the performance of HeiSei.
Jhenie stared at her sister, concern was visible in her eyes. She squeezed Kyoumi’s arm to tell her that she was always there to support her.
Kyoumi smiled at her though confusion was visible in her eyes.
“Ohayou!” a voice greeted.
All of them turned to see Ryutaro and Sachiko arrive. Ryutaro was smiling at them. He then saw Ikemen Koie thus confusion his eyes.
“Ohayou!” Yuri greeted him back.
Ryu nodded at his best friend.
He took a seat near Shintarou who was too shy to say anything to the group. Sachiko sat beside him.
“What’s up?” Ryutaro asked Yuri.
Yuri pointed at HeiSei who was still performing.
“You’re late.” Yuri commented.
Ryutaro laughed at him. He looked beside him to Shintarou.
“Ohayou!” Ryutaro greeted Shintarou.
Shintaro bowed at him. “Ohayou!”
“Morimoto Ryutaro desu.” Ryutaro introduced himself.
The shy Shintaro’s eyes opened wide when he heard Ryu’s name.
“Ah, you are both Morimotos!” Aoi exclaimed.
Ryutaro opened his mouth mouth, “Hontou ni?” he said smiling.
The rest nodded.
“Whoa!” Ryutaro exclaimed. He was about to shook Shintaro’s hand but thought otherwise. He smiled at the kid and put a hand on the younger one’s shoulder. “Maybe we are long lost relatives.” Ryutaro commented.
Shintaro smiled shyly at him.
“Ah, you can’t be shy with us here.” Ryutaro commented.
The girls laughed at that.
“Hai! Hai!” the others agreed.
“By the way, what is your name?” asked Ryutaro.
“Morimoto Shintaro.” The kid answered.
Ryutaro was taken aback as he heard Shintaro’s name. “Ah,” he said silently and nodded his head. He took off his arm from the kid’s shoulder.
“Nande?” Yuma asked.
Ryutaro smiled at him and shook his head but took a glance at Shintaro.
Sachiko saw this and stared at Ryutaro. She put a hand at his arm. Ryutaro looked at it and smiled at Sachiko.
It was then that HeiSei joined them.
Kota looked at the group. He saw that there was no place to sit so he urged Naru to stand up and he sat down.
Naru opened in anger and shock. He smiled at her and patted his lap.
Naru’s eyebrow shut up.
He then pulled her so she would sit on his lap.
“Ahhh… sweet!” Jhenie exclaimed.
Ryosuke was now standing up beside Yuma.
Yuto stood behind Aoi who tried to squeeze the person next to her so Yuto could sit down but the ever gentleman Yuto refused.
Aoi smiled at him and hugged him on the waist.
“Where is Miharu?” Keito asked.
The others looked at each other. They shrugged.
“We haven’t seen her for a while.” Aoi answered.
“Ah,” Keito nodded and went away to look for Miharu.
The rest turned to face Naru and Kota.
“Oy! I already met the guy who hit you,” Yuki told Kota. “Ne, Naru?”
The others looked at her.
Kento looked at her and she looked back at him. “Tamaki.” She answered.
“Hah?!” Kento exclaimed in shock. “Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked.
“You are busy being better than him.” Yuki commented.
“When did you meet him?” asked Kota.
Yuki looked at Naru. “You didn’t tell him?”
Naru stared at Yuki as if she was betraying a secret. Yuki looked back at her friend when realization hit her. Naru never intended to tell Kota at all.
“Nani?” Aoi and Kyoumi inquired.
“Wait, are you two going steady?” asked Kento pointing at Naru and Kota.
Kota and Naru looked at each other as if both were asking the same thing.
“Doue?” Kota asked.
“Because Tamaki ki----umpp!” Yuki covered Kento’s mouth before he was able to say something unnecessary.
Naru sighed in relief.
Kota looked at Yuki in inquiry.
“Anou… Tamaki said he would really love to kick you.” Yuki lied. She looked at the group who was looking at her in amusement. She smiled at him before her eyes landed at Ryosuke who was staring at her intently.
Yuki moved her eyes away as soon as it landed in his eyes. “Ah,” she started. “We also met Shintaro’s father!” She exclaimed.
Ryutaro and Shintaro looked at her. She smiled at Shintaro.
“You met dad?” Shintaro asked.
“Hai.” Yuki answered.
“Doko?” he asked.
“Anou…” Yuki looked at Naru for help. “Ah, in a pub. He has a meeting and Kento told me that he is your father.” Yuki told him. Shintaro didn’t need to know that they were able to talk to his dad. Other details must be left behind.
“Ah.” Shintaro nodded.
The rest became silent.
Kyoumi, Naru, Yuri and Hikaru knew about the undercover mission.
Ryutaro, though had the knowledge that Yuki had that mission heard something more.
Sachiko just wanted to keep quiet.
Ryosuke was not really interested in anything at all. He just wanted to walk away.
Yuma, Daiki and Jhenie though curious didn’t press on.
Aoi was busy with Yuto to pay any attention at the issue.
Oburi left earth and flew to space.
Kento kept quiet for Yuki’s sake and Shintaro felt a sudden nervousness. What was his father up to now?