Belong To You

The Mute Queen

Seohyun stared at Kyuhyun with unshed tears. She thought she had reached her own dead end. How to make the love of her life to understand her sincerity. It’s a struggle to breath, felt like it was just stuck inside her chest  “...To come to the place where I stand today. I made a lot of sacrifices... However, if you just...”. Her tears fell, she hated herself for stopping, sound like begging, yet didn’t have any other way to not lose him. If only Sunny didn’t come, if only Sungmin didn’t ruin her confession, she might have not lost before even starting.

 

She rubbed her tears away, stared back to the man in front of her “If you come to me... Kyuhyun, if you just come to me, I'll throw it all away. If you come to me, I'll throw everything away”

 

Kyuhyun lost his words. Her tears were scratching every niche inside his heart. Didn’t know how to react. Deep inside, he did a little bit blame the female for rejecting his proposal four years ago. Eventhough he knew she acted with her right mind as someone who’s still too young and had many things to achieve. He actually did have a lot of dreams too. One of them was the dream he wanted to spend together with Seohyun one day. But at that time he was so panic, like to be on pins and needles after he realized his fate had been decided by his family ever since he was born. Eventhough his proposal was childish, immature, and selfish. He wanted Seohyun still accepted it.

 

Small hiccups started coming out from Seohyun. The woman who used to be confidence, delicate, and smart was sobbing her weakness and dependence. She stepped forward, launched herself to hug Kyuhyun “Can you be my Quixian again?” She hopefully asked.

 

Kyuhyun felt his breath choked, the female still had such an effect on him when she landed her head on his chest “Hyun, I....”

 

Seohyun looked up to catch his eyes “Please stay with me... Let me be your last” she whispered before tiptoeing her feet to capture Kyuhyun’s lip.

 

(Bam!!!!)

 

“Sungmin!!!” Both Seohyun and Kyuhyun were startled with Heechul’s voice and Sungmin who’s out of no where was running to pass them and exited the room. It needed a moment for them to realize they’re not the only persons in the waiting room, that Sungmin along with Heechul had entered the room before them and been hiding themselves beside a cupboard at the corner. In a split second Heechul stopped before them, giving Kyuhyun a silent glare then continued running after Sungmin.

 

Kyuhyun was staring at the open door dumbfounded. Everything seemed like going too fast, in that split second he thought he saw Sungmin’s crying.

 

“Kyuhyun...” Seohyun called his name. The female looked worried. A sudden fear came on to her as Kyuhyun meant to walk away. “Where are you going?” she caught his hand. Kyuhyun looked at her, his breath rushed “I have to go after him” he said, let go of her hand and left her behind. Kyuhyun looked at the right to the left of corridor to see where both Sungmin and Heechul possibly went to. Andrew came to him from the left direction.

“Sir! What happen?”

“Have you seen Sungmin?”

Andrew confusedly shook his head. The bodyguard looked curious why the other man looked panic. Kyuhyun didn’t have time to explain. He took a turn to the right direction and ran to find Sungmin. He recklessly kept opening door by door through the corridor, hoping he would find the other man. His breath became unstable as suddenly his mind recalled his past memories as King Cho when he was looking after Queen Min in Hanyang forest. The thrill felt exactly same.

 

When he (King Cho) was at Queen Min’s parent graveyard. Everyone was sure that Queen Min wasn’t there. But King Cho suddenly stopped in front of a cave.

 

“Phea, we have to go”

“Let’s check this cave first”

“It’s impossible, Phea. It’s been a nest of bats since long”

 

King Cho felt his feet became so heavy to leave the place so he insisted to get in. Changmin and Jonghyun followed after. Thrice of them thought it’s a dead end at first, but eventually King Cho found a narrow alley which lead to a tiny light. He chose to pass through and asked his royal bodyguards to just wait him. He didn’t expect the tiny light would lead him to such a beautiful place. For a moment, he was astonished with the view before he caught two familiar figures before his eyes. His teeth were chattering, he was also balling his fists, seeing Queen Min together with that gisaeng.

 

“I said ‘I am sorry’. DID YOU HEAR ME ?!!!”

“I am sorry... Min...”

 

That Gisaeng’s act was always unpredictable. No guarantee the present Heechul wouldn’t act like that too. Kyuhyun didn’t want to lose twice. He knew aside of anger, King Cho, just like him, was regreting the fact Lady Heehee found her first before him. Their moment at that secret lake was the reason why Queen Min couldn’t forget the gisaeng even after they’re separated, also the reason why she was his but never fully his.

 

“.....This ing new kingdom. Everything!!!” Kyuhyun heard Sungmin’s crying voice from a storeroom. The door was widely open. His hunch was right. It’s happened again. Just like in the past. But this one was the worst. He wouldn't want to let it happen no matter what.

 

 

+++++++++++++
10 hours earlier
***************

 

That day Kyuhyun went to his father working room to take some files. Since his father almost spent most his time in Blue House, the room had been literally his working room. The expected silence was cracked as he found Sungmin sitting on his seat, been holding something on his hand. Two concert tickets. Kyuhyun quickly snatched them from the other man “What are you doing here? We have a meeting with SM stockholders today” he said then threw the tickets into trash bin.

 

“Hey!! Why did you throw them?” Sungmin protested. He stood up and walked to take them back “Isn’t this your girlfriend’s solo concert?” Sungmin was sound like mocking rather than asking. Kyuhyun sighed, trying to take back the tickets from Sungmin, but the other man was faster and made it out of Kyuhyun’s reach.

 

“Isn’t one of the tickets meant for me? I want to go there too”

 

Kyuhyun gapped for a second then scoffed “Is it started already?”

 

“What?”

 

“Your game”

 

“What game?” Sungmin retorted.

 

Kyuhyun chuckled. He wasn’t dumb. Sungmin knew he refered to the fair game Sungmin declared last night. Suddenly he remembered their quick first kiss. Sungmin ought to be serious with his challenge, but Kyuhyun wouldn’t let himself to be dragged into his game.

 

“We can’t go there. We’re busy”

 

“Then I will go there with Eunhyukie”

 

“No!” His snap was automatic. He stared at Sungmin, could see from his eyes that the latter probably wanted to piss him up in purpose. Dealing with angry Sungmin always became a rollercoaster for him. He took a sigh “You suppose to go with me. Everywhere. That’s our family rule”

 

 “But I still want to go there” Sungmin said plainly.

 

“Sungmin, you said you wanted to keep me away from Seohyun. I do now” Kyuhyun emphasized. Sungmin looked disbelief “Have you broken up with her?”

 

Kyuhyun remained silent for a moment then stated “She’s none of your concern, Min”.

 

Sungmin lost his poker face and scoffed “She is my condition. I need some guarantee that you keep your words well. We can’t work together as partner if she is still with you”

 

Kyuhyun breathed a heavy sigh then sat on to a chair and folded his arms before his chest “What do you want me to do?”

 

“My future is to be your shadow. I need your tribute for that” Sungmin said sharply. A resentment was clear from his eyes. “I want you to say good bye to her nicely” He added.

 

“Okay. I will. But not in her concert” Kyuhyun replied

 

“Then let me go to her concert. I’ve been jailed here for so long. I need some fun time for  refreshing”

 

“I told you we have many works to do”

 

Suddenly Sungmin smirked. He took out his own phone and pressed some numbers to call someone “Well, I think your mo— Ah.. I mean our mother seems doesn’t mind to skip one or two meeting today” he said then gave the phone to Kyuhyun.

 

Kyuhyun looked dumbstruck for a while as how cunning the man in front of him “You planned about this, didn’t you?”

 

“Since this morning” Sungmin said proudly.

 

Kyuhyun huffed “This is just the beginning”

 

Sungmin retorted triumphantly “Round 1, I win”

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

They arrived before the VVIP entrance door. Sungmin was surprised when someone he didn’t expect came to greet Kyuhyun in a very friendly way “Quixian!!”

 

“Hankyung Gege!!” Kyuhyun greeted back brightly with a hug. Sungmin glanced at Kyuhyun, feeling like he was just stabbed from the back as he realized Kyuhyun’s try in separating him and Heechul was well planned. That he knew Hankyung in person and probably he was the one who called the Chinese man to be back to Korea after 4 years.

 

And his presumption was right when he saw a slight smirk Kyuhyun threw at him when they retreated the hug “Gege, let me introduce him to you. Lee Sungmin” Kyuhyun said. Hankyung extended his hand toward Sungmin and smiled at him “Hello, I am Hankyung. We had met last night” he said with an accented Korean. Sungmin was stunned for a while. It’s the first time he saw the man with that closer. Sungmin admitted he was so handsome, had sort of a kindly smile, and somehow charming. Maybe he was the only man who could turn Heechul into a romantic. Such as having a couple silver locket.

 

“Ye..Yes. I... I am sorry for disturbing you last night” Sungmin replied in stutter, tried to smile back as much as he could. The Chinese man replied back “It’s okay. I knew from Jay you’re Heechul’s good friend”

 

“Hankyung, what are you doing? Hurry—“ Sungmin heard Heechul’s voice coming from behind Hankyung, bringing some mineral water. The vocalist looked frozen as he noticed it was Kyuhyun and Sungmin whom Hankyung talked to.

 

“Heechul, this is the childhood friend I talked about before. It’s him who taught me Korean for the first time. Quixian” Hankyung introduced Kyuhyun to Heechul.

 

“I know him” The vocalist replied and walked closer, but his stare were clearly locked toward Sungmin. He had a lot of things to explain to the younger. His eyes sparked sorry about last night. Yet Sungmin seemed like didn’t notice it as he averted his eyes, didn’t want to see what Heechul’s stare meant.

 

“Let’s enter together, Quixian. Thanks for the free tickets too. Other M & D members will also come here soon” Hankyung said.

 

“You’re always welcome, Gege” Both of them tossed their hand together. Then Hankyung held Heechul hand “Let’s go inside”. Heechul pulled his own hand “I don’t need your order” then walked away first. Hankyung chuckled and shook his head as he thought it’s only Heechul’s usual act. He glanced at Kyuhyun “See you soon” and swayed his hand. Kyuhyun nodded and swayed back.

 

“Let’s go” Kyuhyun held Sungmin’s hand, but the latter didn’t move. He stared at Kyuhyun “You knew him.... You made this on purpose” Sungmin’s voice was deep toward him. “You said you wanted a fair game” Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin closer, then whispered something to his ear “Round 2, I win”

 

Sungmin looked up to him hard and made a face “Don’t celebrate it too fast. I still have a hidden card” he said before pulling kyuhyun’s hold out from his hand then walked toward the entrance. Kyuhyun didn’t know what his words supposed to mean until they sat on their VVIP seats and met Sunny running toward them breathlessly “Minnie, so sorry I am late. The traffic was no joke. The concert haven’t started yet, right?”

 

“Yeah, don’t worry. Take a seat” Sungmin grinned widely. Kyuhyun’s brows furrowed and he chuckled frivolously “Is she your hidden card?”. Sungmin scoffed “Just laugh while you can. Round 3 is mine” he sneered.

 

 “I hope you keep your words. Coming here only to enjoy the concert. Not something else, especially on your left” Kyuhyun challenged him. Sungmin glanced to his left side and noticed Heechul was staring at him before Hankyung who's sitting between them. The singer quickly averted his eyes after being caught staring at his ex-assistant. Sungmin turned back to Kyuhyun and glared at him, for also purposely setting their seat in the same row. This mind game between them might never come to an end, but Sungmin had declared in his mind again and again that he wouldn't be going to lose.

Kyuhyun  pulled a corner of his lip, smirking proudly “You started this. Remember?”

“Are you okay?” Hankyung asked Heechul as the other man wasn't looked feeling well. Heechul shook his head “It’s okay. Just finish this soon and go back to the dorm”

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

“Has he come?” Her eyes sparked hopes. She wasn’t nervous because of her concert but what news Taeyeon would bring to her at the dressing room. Taeyeon nodded but she couldn’t fully smile about the result “But... aside Lee Sungmin, Lee Sunny also comes with him”

 

Seohyun felt something shrunk inside her. Taeyeon assured her by squeezing her hands “Don’t worry. I am sure the one who invited her is her cousin Lee Sungmin not him. Just stay focus on your goal. Does Manager Yonghwa know about this plan?”

 

Seohyun shook her head “No. He wouldn’t agree with my idea if he knew”

 

“Yeah, it will cost your career if the public know to whom you will confess today” Taeyeon reminded her.

 

Seohyun nodded then stood up “I don’t care with my career anymo—”.

 

(Crieek...)

 

Both females glanced toward the opened door at the same time. An unexpected guest appeared before them.

 

“Lee...Lee Sungmin” Taeyeon absentmindedly said his name.

 

Sungmin leaned his shoulder on the door and folded his arms “Seems like I become so famous these days.  I don’t need to introduce myself anymore”

 

The room’s atmosphere somehow became tensed. Seohyun didn’t have any idea why she felt intimidated with his stare. She only met him once before. “Can you leave us for a moment?” She told Taeyeon. Her best friend looked at her in concern. Seohyun nodded as she was okay.

 

“You shouldn’t be here, Sungmin-shi. We can meet at the after party” Seohyun tried to be friendly.

 

Sungmin shrugged “Why? This concert is funded by my company. I can do what I want here”

 

“Pardon?”

 

Sungmin let out a chuckle “Hm... should I say everything Kyu  has is mine too?”

 

Seohyun couldn’t bear his stare on her thus she turned around toward the mirror, pretending to be busy checking her make up “I...I am sorry Sungmin-shi. We can talk later. The concert will start soon”

 

“Kyuhyun will get married” Seohyun paused by the announcement. She saw Sungmin’s satisfied smile from the mirror. Her teeth closed tight for a moment. Her hands had to hold the dressing table hard to support her body “I...I know”. Sungmin looked surprised with her reply.

 

“If you came here only to tell me about that, you can leave”

 

Sungmin shrugged “Good to know that. Then you do realize there is a border you should not cross, isn’t it?”

 

Seohyun turned around “What do you mean?”. The way Sungmin emphasized ‘not cross’ had succeed to provoke her.

 

“He will belong to someone else”

 

“He hasn’t”

 

Sungmin laughed by her reaction. “Am I funny to you?” Seohyun tried her best to not raise her voice toward him.

 

Sungmin walked closer “No. I pity you. You’re still as dumb as you were in previous life”

 

“I think you should leave” Seohyun suggested again as she thought the man only slurred some nonsense.

 

“I will tell you a short story. Back in Jonseong era, there was a court lady lived in a palace. She found a favor of a king. They only spent a night, she already thought she had found a true love. She was sent to a very rural place and the king had totally forgotten about her. She was missing him more and more. Kept staring the emptyness through her window, hoping there would be a glimpse of her king to take her back until she fell sick and die in loneliness” His voice was low and calm yet felt like a sword slashing her apart.

 

Her hands started trembling “I don’t know why you’re telling me this”

 

Sungmin smiled subsidedly and leaned his head closer to whisper “I just want to tell you to not meet Kyuhyun anymore. Or... I...will...make you...ended up... like that court lady...

 

A slight tear slipped down through her cheek without any notice. She glanced at Sungmin “We only meet twice. Why do you hate me that much?”

 

“It may sound unfair to you. But trust me, the reason is ten times unfair for me”

 

“Seohyun!!!” Her manager along with Taeyeon showed up at the doorway. “Are you okay?” Taeyeon asked in worry.

 

Seohyun quickly changed her expression as if there’s nothing happened “I am okay. Sungmin-shi only wanted to greet me.” Seohyun told them. Before she walked out she stopped beside Sungmin and said “I won’t give up” with eyes full of determination.

 

As he was left alone, Sungmin scoffed and muttered “Let’s see until when such a high confidence will be last”

 

Sungmin checked his watch and realized he had left his seat for almost 20 minutes. Kyuhyun might questioned him or even mocked him for going to the toilet too long. The outside seemed quiet as all staffs were busy at the backstage. As he passed the door way, he was jerked back by Heechul leaning at the front of the dressing room. Both hands were hidden inside his pocket. It seemed like the singer had been standing behind the wall and hearing their conversation from beginning.

 

They were staring to each other in silent for a while. Sungmin didn’t have any word to say. Last night was enough for him to get involved with the older man. Thus he took a leave first but only until two steps Heechul’s voice stopped him “I didn’t know you are  a kind of person like that”.

 

Sungmin turned around “Excuse me?”

 

“I didn’t know Lee Sungmin would threaten a woman like that. What you have said to her is so mean, you know?”

 

Sungmin scoffed “Yes. You would be surprised if you know more”. He meant to walked away again but Heechul caught his hand “We need to talk, Min”.

 

Sungmin pulled his hand “There’s nothing for us to talk about anymore” snapped him. Heechul grabbed his shoulder and forced the younger to face him “What happen with you?”.

 

“I am perfectly FINE!!!” Sungmin rubbed off Heechul’s hold on him.

 

“COMEBACK TO YOUR SENSE. YOU’RE NOT QUEEN MIN!!!”

 

“I AM!!!!”

 

Heechul was dumbfounded for a second. Sungmin chuckled seeing his reaction “Let me tell you something funny. We... will get married. I and Kyuhyun. I have all the rights for hating that woman” Sungmin said before leaving Heechul frozen.

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

 

 

She was standing behind the stage curtain until the first VCR ended. She would perform 15 songs in total. Her opening stage was piano sonata performance. She had picked the best gown and costumes for this day concert. The clamorous of clapping hands from the audiences greeted her with full anticipation. She greeted them back by bowing her body 900. She looked at VVIP seat direction. She found him. She thought their eyes were locked to each other. She tried to ignore Lee Sunny's existence and Sungmin’s gaze on her. Seohyun whispered to herself “Quixian, please watch me and see my messages with your heart”

 

Song by song was performed perfectly well, never missed the claps hands, yells, and fan chants. There were some lyrics in every song were meant as her messages to Kyuhyun. Everytime she sang the certain lyric, she would turn toward Kyuhyun’s direction. Although she always felt jealousy everytime she saw Sunny beside him. It was clearly seen she didn’t give any attention toward Seohyun’s performances. The petite woman kept trying to distract Kyuhyun everytime she tried to say her secret message. She told herself she wouldn’t give up and lose toward the woman he just recently met. She shared long years of love memories with him, while Sunny had nothing except a political marriage.

 

Kyuhyun might not able to catch all of them, but she was sure he knew it. Kyuhyun used to send his secret messages to her in that way while back when they’re still together in China. If all her secret messages were combined together, it would be like this

 

 

I now confess my heart to you
Only heaven knows my heart

The day we first met
I was awkward and young
The time you waited for me
At times, i hurt you with my mistake
you gave me strenght
You heart will be the same forever
I will try my best everyday for you

 

All the memories we made
I’ll remember them even at the moment i die
Have i told you before?
I love you
My heartfelt confession today
Please never forget it
I love you

 

 

 

As She finally reached to the last song. Her last message to Kyuhyun. She stood alone at the stage only with a microphone in her hand. Only Taeyeon, the programme director, and some staffs knew about this plan. She knew her manager and company would be mad at her after this concert. After all, it worth the risk.

 

“Guys!! I want to confess something today” she said toward all of her audience. There’s only one spotlight illuminating around her on the stage. All the audience, mostly her fans were becoming quiet.

 

“Some of you must have experienced how it feel to falling in love, right?”

 

“YES!!” a lot of them shouted in unison.

 

“All the songs I composed are actually inspired from one person. He is the reason why I become what I am today. We met since we’re seven.  He made my struggle life in China became more colourful. Three years ago he asked me to marry him”

 

The audience started to wonder who she was talking about and it made quite a roar from the audience for a moment. After the audiences started to became quieter, Seohyun continued “But I rejected him which made me fully regret it until now. I regret why I didn’t tell him the real reason why I didn’t accept his proposal. At that time all I care were how to be someone who made him proud, how to make his family accept me, and how to make people didn’t look down on me. But I forgot the most important thing. His love. Now I feel like he becomes further away. I don’t want to lose him anymore. If I confess my love to him again, will he accept me? That person is actually here”

 

Her sudden confession created mix of responses from all the audiences. She could hear Yonghwa's protest from her headphone, so she pulled it out away. Some of the audiences clapped their hands and shouted good supports, some others were yelling ‘No!!’ as most of them were men who fell over heels on her.

 

“The last song is a song we both used to sing together. It’s originally sung by Hugh Grant and Drew Barrimore, ‘Way back into love’. This song is a reflection of my heart. I hope he will accept my heart again and sing this song together with me in this stage”. She took a long breath, glanced for a moment toward the program director, giving him a signal that she was ready. The program director assured her with a nod and thumb up. The music started and she sang the song will all her heart.

 

I've been living with a shadow overhead,
I've been sleeping with a cloud above my bed,
I've been lonely for so long,
Trapped in the past,
I just can't seem to move on!

I've been hiding all my hopes and dreams away,
Just in case I ever need 'em again someday,
I've been setting aside time,
To clear a little space in the corners of my mind!

 

 

Sungmin had been mouthing ‘shameless ’ a lot through Seohyun’s confession. He glanced at Kyuhyun sometimes and became more pissed as he noticed Kyuhyun was in dumbstruck staring at Seohyun without blinked an eye. His palms were almost bleeding for balling his fist too hard as he planted his nails to his skin as deep as his anger. Meanwhile instead of seeing Seohyun, Sunny looked at Sungmin in worry. She felt sorry that she wasn’t much of a help for Sungmin. She had tried her best to distract Kyuhyun and made Seohyun mistook her as Kyuhyun’s future wife. But she didn’t expect  that woman could be that smart, being so brave to sacrifice her own career in order to make Kyuhyun coming back to her.

All I wanna do is find a way back into love
I can’t make it through without a way back into love
And if I open my heart again
I guess I’m hoping you’ll be there for me in the end

 

The song finally reach it’s chorus. Seohyun didn’t look at any other way except Kyuhyun. But most audiences at the concert were still unable to find who the lucky man Seohyun confessed to. Then another spotlight showed up from the backstage, revealed Taeyeon who’s walking forward to the VVIP section with another microphone in her hand. All the audience cheered loudly as they thought Taeyeon would give the mic to the lucky man. Taeyeon’s heart beated so fast with excitement until someone blocked her way and grabbed her hand pretty hard that it’s hurt. The spotlight stopped above them. All the audiences became silent for a second then cheered even louder than ever.

 

“Oh My Gosh. It’s Prince Sungmin!!!!” “Prince Sungmin!!” “He is Prince Sungmin”

 

Seohyun stood frozen seeing what’s happening in front of her. It wasn’t the result she wished  to happen. They all mistook Sungmin as the lucky man whom Seohyun truly loved. They didn’t know at all that the man was actually glaring anger toward Taeyeon. She tried her hardest to not let go of the mic out from her hand. But Sungmin was stronger as he pulled Taeyeon closer until it was merely an inch between them.

 

Suddenly Taeyeon’s eyes were filled with fears once their eyes met to each other “Back off!!” Sungmin hissed. Her body was shaking terribly that she didn’t realize the mic was loose from her hand to Sungmin. Sungmin walked passing her along with the spotlight. All the audiences were clapping their hands except Kyuhyun, Heechul, Hankyung, and the rest of SM artists that were invited in the concert. They all knew Sungmin and Seohyun were never become an item before.

 

They all expected Sungmin would walk up to the stage, but the latter just walked passed it and disappeared through the backstage. Meanwhile, Taeyeon ran herself through one of the exit doors. She leaned on a wall and let her body slided to the floor. Her hands couldn’t stop trembling. Cold sweat were coming throughout her entire body. Someone came to approach her “Taeyeon, what happen to you?”. She looked up and realized it was her paparazi friend Jessica.

 

“Je...Jess... I—I think I just saw a ghost”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

Tears started to be accumulated in her eyes “I—I saw a woman in a glorious hanbok. Like...like...a hanbok for a queen. She was glaring at me and suddenly I couldn’t breath at all. I thought I was gonna die...She..she...”

 

Jesssica held her shoulders and tried to calm her panic friend “Calm down Taenggoo. Who is she did you mean?”

 

She sobbed more, seemed like suffocated with her own breath “I saw her in Lee Sungmin....”

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

 

The concert wasn’t ended well. After Sungmin and Taeyeon disappeared from the concert hall, Seohyun just stood on her former position with the mic slipped of from her hand.  All the staff concert asked the audiences to get out from the hall and canceled the press conference which was scheduled after the concert had ended.

 

She kept looking down to the stage floor, letting it wet by her tears. Eventhough she knew her concert would be ruined with her love confession toward Kyuhyun, she didn’t expect it would be ruined in that way, especially from Lee Sungmin. She didn’t know what crime she did to him for making her a laughing stock toward thousand of people at the concert.

 

“Seohyun, let’s get out from here. I think you need some rest” Her manager, Yonghwa tried to comfort her and held her hand. Seohyun looked up to him and finally nodded.

 

“I am sorry, Hyun” Kyuhyun appeared in front of them. Seohyun looked at him, letting go Yonghwa’s hold on her, and without thinking ran herself to hug Kyuhyun.

 

On the other side, Heechul was wandering around the backstage, looking for Sungmin. He asked every staff who passed him yet he couldn’t find the other male any where.  After seeing what he did during the last song performance, instead of accusing him for his ridiculous act. He was madly worried about him.

 

“COMEBACK TO YOUR SENSE. YOU’RE NOT QUEEN MIN!!!”

“I AM!!!!”

 

Heechul regreted himself for not taking seriously when Sungmin told him about his hard time experiencing Queen Min’s memories yesterday. Instead of telling him to just ignore it, he should have  been listening to him and trying to find the solution together to overcome their past memories. Heechul felt hopeless and meant to find Sungmin outside the concert hall before he found an opened emergency door nearby. He took a look whether Sungmin was there and for his relief the singer did finally find his ex-assistant sitting on the floor, back leaning on the wall, both legs tight on his chest. His eyes screamed emptiness as he was looking to no where.

 

“Sungmin, I was looking for you everywhere. what are you doing here?”

 

Sungmin laughed by himself “Hahaha... So he had proposed her” He looked up to Heechul “You can laugh too”

 

“What?”

 

“Isn’t that the reason why you’re looking for me. To tell how stupid I am. That my head has been  messed up with s!!?” Sungmin ranted.

 

It needed some seconds for Heechul to actually grab what Sungmin meant “Yes. I did think you’re stupid when you said raccoon was family related with rabbit. I think you’re painfully stupid when you mistook Jay foot cream as my face masker. I got quite a lot shots for my pimples because of that. You’re perfectly stupid when you mixed my gorgeous underwear with Donghae’s which made it smell like a moldy kimchi. Your fashion sense makes me wonder if you’re actually born from a jungle”

 

“What did you say?” Sungmin felt taken aback with Heechul’s words and stood up

 

Heechul quickened his words and gradually raised his voice “Want to know more? You’re terribly stupid when you’re still questioning which one come first between egg and chicken—”

 

 “Enou—“

 

“And you’re THE MOST STUPID when you came to my practice room without any notice then leaving with a face like I just did the greatest sin EVER to you!!! (you even didn't give me the damn time to explain what actually happen)” Heechul gathered his breath for a moment, eyes were still sticking on Sungmin’s. “But aside all those things I never thought you’re stupid, Min” He added with softer voice.

 

Sungmin averted his eyes from the other man “You should stop pretending to care anything about me”

 

“Why should I pretend?  I don’t go around fixing people. Do you think I am here for a charity?” He received no answer. Then something caught his eyes “What happened to your hand?” he took Sungmin’s hand and saw some red curve marks, few of the tips even slightly bleeding. Sungmin pulled his hand off from Heechul “It’s none of your business”.

 

Heechul grabbed his wrist and glared at him “Then I will make it to be my business since you still owe me two weeks as my personal assistant remember?”. Sungmin lost his words. Heechul then pulled the younger over and got out from the emergency exit “I think I saw first aid box in a waiting room not so far from here. Let’s go there”

 

 

 

 

~~~~#*SJ*#~~~~

 

 

They were in the waiting room. Heechul sat Sungmin on a chair while he himself kneeling before him, applied some alcohol on his hands. Heechul glanced at Sungmin and noticed the younger man was winced and even bit his lower lip to bear the pain. Heechul chuckled by the scene “You can scream, you know?”

 

“I am not a girl “ he retorted. Heechul giggled with his reaction “What’s so funny?”

 

He shook his head. He took some ointment to apply on Sungmin’s wound gently “Nah... it’s just reminded me of Lady Heehee. One of the reason why he envied women because they can cry all they want. They also can show their pain when it hurts. But I never think like that though. For me, men can cry their feeling out too. Just not in front of women of course” Heechul looked him back smiling.

 

Heechul noticed Sungmin’s changed look on him “What? I never said I hate him for having the same face as me”. He took a sigh and his voice became more gentle “Lady Heehee past memories also give me a hard time, Min. But what makes us different is I only care about future, while you keep looking at the past”

 

“Did you notice them? My messages in every song I have sung today?” Both of them were startled with Seohyun’s voice from outside.

 

“Yes, I think I heard some” Sungmin reflexively stood up as he also heard Kyuhyun’s voice along with her. He suddenly became nervous. He didn’t want to meet both of them at the moment, neither he knew what he had to do. His mind was blank. Luckily Heechul pulled his arm and brought him to hide beside a cupboard in a corner of the room.

 

Heechul trapped him between his arms, tried his best to not make their figures been discovered by Kyuhyun and Seohyun who just entered the room.

 

“I heard you’re going to get married”

 

“Hyun, how—“

 

“You don’t need to know how I find it out. Is it true?”

 

“...Yes”

 

“Can you not do that?”

 

“Hyun...”

 

Heechul glanced at Sungmin. He noticed the younger man was shaking in his arm. His pained expression clearly told him what the smaller male felt by hearing Seohyun’s second confession for that day.

 

“...To come to the place where I stand today. I made a lot of sacrifices... However, if you just... If you come to me...”

 

Sungmin saw their conversation in pain. Seohyun’s words felt like thousand arrows crashing on him at once. Then he felt a pair of hands attached on the both of his ears and turned his face toward Heechul. “You don’t hear anything. Just look at me. Hm?” Heechul whispered to him. His hands were warm. Way warmer than Kyuhyun’s. So did his eyes. Coming through him like a healer. Why are you so nice to me? Why do you keep worrying about me? What do you take me for? Those thought were swirling inside him. There’s always a thick line between friendship and love. But with Kim Heechul, the thick line seemed so blurry. A slight tears slipped between the corner of his eyes. He hated it so much to be looked this weak. Thus he took off Heechul’s hands by force from his ears and told the other man “Stop giving me hope!” then came out from their hiding spot and run passing Seohyun and Kyuhyun unannounced.

 

He was running without knowing where his feet lead him to. He heard Heechul’s voice called his name for a couple of times yet he wouldn’t even slow down a bit. That day he experienced such embarassment twice. He hated to admit that he had declared a war he would never win. As he thought  no one following him anymore, Sungmin stopped in front of an empty storeroom to gather her breath.

 

“Sungmin!!” Heechul managed to find him. “Leave me alone!” Sungmin said before quickly entered the storeroom and meant to close the door but Heechul was faster and managed the push the door open that it forced Sungmin to step backward.

 

“COULD YOU STOP RUNNING AWAY?!!” Heechul yelled at him.

 

Sungmin cried. A hiccup started to come out from his throat “You’re the one who made me do that”

 

“What?”

 

“I hate you both... you and him.... for confusing me. I also hate all the people who put me into this game?” Sungmin sobbed hard.

 

Heechul stepped closer “Min...”

 

Sungmin stepped backwards until he leaned to the wall “Don’t call my name with that voice! Don't see me with those eyes! Don’t ever try to meet me again!!”

 

“(sniff) You got your chinese lover back.... Good to you. I also have my own goal.... What you saw while back at the dressing room is the truth....I am a kind of person like that. .. “

 

Heechul held his shoulder “Min, this is not you. I know it. Let’s get out to somewhere, okay?”  The younger made him so worried and afraid. He had no idea that Sungmin would be hurt that bad. Those tears were flooding like a river. He was so careless for  not noticing it quicker.

 

Sungmin cried his heart out for the first time in front of the other man “Do you want to know what my goal is? (sniff) I will take them all. Those smiles. Her prince. This ing new kingdom. Everything!!! I will show everyone that Lee Sungmin will always win!!! (sniff) And you... you can just stand there and watch me burn....Umph!!!” Heechul kissed him on the lip to shut his mouth all of a sudden.

 

Sungmin’s eyes were wide open for a moment. He tried to push the other man but Heechul was persistent. Heechul couldn’t think any other way to let Sungmin know he did truly care for him. Sungmin last words did scaring the hell out of him. He didn’t want the younger to lose himself for such a revenge. Heechul told himself he had to save Sungmin with all cost. He wasn’t good in expressing his feeling through words. He hated to admit he was very terrible at it. Thus he used his body to express his feeling. He felt Sungmin’s struggle on him got slowering down. Heechul slipped his hand to the back of the smaller male's head, initiating to open an entrance by nibbing Sungmin’s lower lip. But suddenly someone grabbed his back by cloth then punched him hard on the face until he fell down on the floor. That person was standing before Sungmin and glaring at Heechul with full hatred.

 

“Ky—Kyu?!!” Sungmin called the person, eyes were bugging out as he couldn't believe the said man would do such thing. And the last words he yelled at Heechul shocked him even more.

“Don’t touch him. He is MINE !!!” Kyuhyun declared before taking Sungmin by wrist and forced the latter to get out with him.

It took a while for Heechul to remember he had to breath. He saw both Sungmin and Kyuhyun’s figures were getting further away then found Seohyun standing at one side of the door, eyes had been full of tears.

 

“Please tell me.... I heard it wrong...”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Here guys a new chapter with 6682 words ^^. I hope you like it. I want to annouce that I won't update the new chapter until november because I have my second research exam this month and student exchange program in the next. But if I get an A score, I promise I will give you a double update ^^. Please give me comments and let me know what do you think ^^