Rough Trade

Before Yesterday

 

 Kevin moped around for the next few days. Eli slowly started to heal again, but they still had to break open the scar to remove the puss that they didn’t get out the time before. It was painful for both of them to say the least. Kevin didn’t want to give Eli anymore pain than he had and Eli wanted to kill Kevin after every time.

 

Eli was huffing. They had just gotten the last of the puss out of his leg. Kevin was in tears again. Eli pulled his brother into a hug. “Don't worry. It was the last time. You saw it yourself, there was no more puss and the puffiness is down and it's starting to heal a lot faster.” Eli tightened his hug and then let go of Kevin.

 

“I'm going to go out for food. I’ll be back soon,” Kevin said with a sad smile and left.

 

The army was twice as bad now. They government was losing the war and they were grabbing more and more orphans for their sick idea of peace. Kevin managed to grab some bread and cheese from the unattended table. He shoved it in his bag and walked way when he saw the man walk back. Kevin didn’t like the idea of stealing, but when his house burnt down, killing his family other than his twin brother, he had to. It was the only way to survive if you were an orphan.

 

Kevin continued walking down the street when he saw a book. It was a classic that he and his brother started reading before the fire, but they could never get another one to finish it. Kevin looked around to see if anyone was there. When he saw no one, he slipped it into his jacket and strolled away. Eli was going to be happy he could do something during the day. Kevin knew he was bored to death sitting on the bed with no one home. Kevin walked down the road not really paying attention to the his surroundings, when he bumped into a man. Kevin looked up at the man. '' he thought. 'He's an army man!' He turned around to run, but before he could, the man grabbed him.

 

“Hey, you come with me,” he ordered. Kevin was dragged behind the man.

 

“I'm sorry, I’m sorry! It won't happen again. Please I have a brother that NEEDS me now!” Kevin begged. The army man wouldn't hear it. He pulled Kevin through a dark alley and up to a motel that the man was staying in. He shoved the boy into the room and locked the door. “What do you want?” Kevin asked. He was scared to learn his fate.

 

“You're going to fight for us,” the man said.

 

“I-I can't! My brother needs me! He'll die if I don’t come back!” Kevin cried. He felt like the biggest idiot in the world. He should have been watching where he was walking.

 

“So what if he dies? It would be one less of you rats running around,” the man said.

 

“Please, let me go! I’ll do anything!” Kevin begged. He wasn’t going to leave Eli alone.

 

“Anything?” the man questioned. Kevin nodded. The army man walked over to Kevin and shoved him roughly on the bed. Kevin squeaked at the sudden push.

 

“What are you doing?” Kevin was scared of what the man was going to do.

 

“You said you would do anything,” the man said with a sickly smile.

 

Before Kevin could react, the man already stripped Kevin's body and was harshly entering him. Kevin screamed at the pain in his lower area. He didn’t stop to let Kevin get use to the intrusion. Kevin was rapped until the man on top of him was totally satisfied. Silent tears fell from Kevin's eyes and the man his lips.

 

“I'll let you go for now, but don’t ever let me see you again,” the man said before he left.

 

Kevin let out his sobs. He couldn’t believe that he just had a man take away his ity, all so he could see his brother again. He grabbed his things and left, not caring about the pain he was in. He had to get home to Eli.

 

Kevin limped the whole way home. He let out three high whistles but didn’t wait to hear them. He walked into the room where Eli was and handed his brother the bag. He collapsed on the bed.

 

“What happened to you?” Eli asked. He was concerned for his brother. He looked down at his brother's . The blood was bleeding through his pants. “Kev, what happened to you?!” he almost yelled.

 

“I don’t want to talk about it,” Kevin said sobbing. “Please, don’t make me. I want to sleep,” Kevin said before he fell into a restless sleep.

 

Eli moved the blanket he was using onto his brother. He brushed back Kevin's hair. “Kev, I wish you would tell me things,” Eli whispered, falling asleep with his twin in his arms.