The Rich and the Poor

Imprisoned Love

{Sungmin POV}


 

I walk through the dusty, cold streets of Dalcross, shivering. How I resented my luck... It was never on my side. And then you had the royalty. Making the poor poorer and the rich richer, which was of course, them. Stupid freakin' life... Kudos go to those people who believe in "luck". Hmph.

I look up at the tall medieval walls. Just then, I see a beautiful, pained face staring out of a window so small and covered in bars you'd have thought it belonged in a prison cell. But it can't be... The girl was wearing a dress made for royalty and was wearing jewelry.

I shook my head. Probably one of those poor souls who got trapped in the palace too much and went insane with greed. They only have themselves to blame. Who cares about them, anyway?

Turns out I was wrong.

 


{Sunny POV}


 

I still longed to go outside, to feel the sunlight, to mingle freely with others. I look down as the busy street bustles with life.  My eyes meet with a ragged guy about my age dressed in rags (Note that they're about 16) and in that second we met, I could feel his pain, his longing to live in a better world, and how he resented his life. I hope he saw how I longed to be free, to fly like a majestic eagle, soaring above the clouds, out of reach, out of sight.

He quickly turns away, and I could feel the resentment towards me coming off in strong waves. What did I do? Was it the staring? I can only hope that he'll understand.


Sorry for it being so short! This is more like a post intro thing...