Colder Than Ice

What I'm a PARENT ?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the unexpected happens, you just can help but sit and wishes that it had never happened.

Jessica was in a state of utter shock, but she was in no place right now to discuss her issues with Yoobin. They two sat opposite each other like distant strangers. No one spoke a word to one another beside from their first greeting and introductions.

Mr Kim made small talks throughout the time with the constant whine of Mrs Kim besides, but the young lady would cease to mute with a glance from the old man. Jonghyun bowed his head down low at the criticism he was receiving from his father. But that was not the cause of his anger or astonishment.

What shocked him was that the girl on the other side was his half blooded sister. His Noona. But with that said, they had little resemblance. This was not unusual since he resembles his mother. But they both share the same charismatic gaze that girls would die for. Obviously, inherited from their father.

Jonghyun would sneak glances at Yoobin from time through time. The girl made no interest in what was being said or made an effort to talk. She simply sat back and observed. Her poker face remained and she only ate when the food arrived. Jonghyun was curious.

He was curious of what she was like. He knew that he had a half blooded sister of course. The house maids and butlers had talked about their sadness of their young mistress but when Jonghyun probed them for more they would not say and went on to do their jobs.

He turned to Jessica to see how she was handling with the meeting with his parents but he found his own girl staring complacently at his older sister. Yoobin. Jessica had that look on her face. A look of pity? But it wasn’t long until Jessica felt Jonghyun’s gaze on her and turned and smiled at him comfortingly easing the uneasiness building inside of him.

===

Yoobin had excused herself to the bathroom. Seeing this Jessica took the chance and excused herself as well following the tan girl. She waited for Yoobin to finish her business and blocked the girl paths when Yoobin opened the door of the cubicle.

 “We need to talk.” Jessica stated in an affirmative tone. Yoobin squeezed pass her barrier to the sink to wash her hands.

“About what?” Distant and cold was her tone. Yoobin made it clear that they were just strangers.

“Yumi…” Jessica came to a whisper. The cold stare she was receiving warned her to mind her words and actions.

“We have nothing to talk about.”

“Yumi is my daughter as well. I have the right to see her.”   Jessica tried to stand tall and gathered some courage but the look on Yoobin’s face scared her.

“You lost that right the day you abandoned us for that bastard.”  Yoobin had pinned Jessica against the tiled walls and spatted each words through the clenched teeth.

===

Mr Kim walked his daughter to her motorbike when they were done with their meals.

“Jessica has grown up well don’t you think?” Mr Kim asked his daughter.

“Excuse me?” Yoobin asked as she knotted her eyebrows in curiosity.

 “You mean you don’t remember her?” Silence descended between the two. Her father sighed whilst Yoobin stared at her father trying to comprehend with what he had said. The latter knew better than to continue with this conversation so he decided to changed topic.

“It’s a good thing that you guys are not friends. Makes the business relationship less complicated compared to Jonghyun.” Yoobin remained quiet. “I know that Jessica is the daughter of Kevin Jung. After all he is an old time rival so how can I not be updated about his family.”

Another silent paused. Yoobin analysed her father facial expression… and then it clicked.

“You’re not opposing to the proposal because you know Mr Jung will...”

===

Sohee’s opened her eyes in astonishment. left partly opened as she was awed by the beautiful decoration of pink and red paper hearts hanging in the drama room. Small candles formed two hearts partially overlapping one another which dimly lit up the room.

Krystal poked the red mandoo’s cheek as she waited for a reaction. The stunned girl simply closed and turned to face the younger girl.

“You did this all by yourself?” She asked in an indifferent tone. Krystal simply nodded and flashed a proud smile.

However, a burdening silence fell between them for a while and Krystal began to wonder if what she had prepared was a bad idea. Millions of thoughts ran through her mind, but couldn’t decipher whether the expression Sohee had now was of power irritation or anger?

“It’s nice…” Was the words that were left hanging in the air. Krystal was that pleased as she pouted at the chic girl. Maybe a month before this then she would have been ecstatic at the thought of Sohee complimenting her. But now… it was just not good enough.

Maybe it was just human’s nature. A devious quality that human had acquired and became inseparable from it.

Greed… a quality that no being can escape… Not even the almighty Krystal Jung. She wanted more. She wanted more than just a ‘You did good’ or ‘It’s nice’. Those words just can’t fill her unrequited love for the girl before her.

The younger girl slouched on the couch by the wall opposite the piano with a frown on her pretty face. Sohee faced the girl with one raised eye brows.

“Bipolar much,” she stated as she walked towards Krystal’s direction. The baby Jung turned her back towards the older girl with her lips jutting out. “What’s the matter now, stalker?” the chic girl took a seat beside the latter and rested her back against the soft cushion.

“It’s not fair.” Krystal mumbled under her breath, still too stubborn to face

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter