unexpected meeting

start of a romance

 

 

There is a new girl group in Korea and its name is OCTAGON (made-up group by myself). OCTAGON’s debut single, “lovesick”, have caught the attention of people for its energetic beat and dance moves. They easily became popular. The members of the group are as follows:

  • Mira- 15, main dancer, lead vocalist, real name: Marianne tubil
  • Lea- 19, main vocalist, real name: kang leean
  • Anna- 18, vocalist, real name: ko anna
  • Hyorin-16, main rapper, real name: kim hyorin
  • Jaegyeong- 16, vocalist, lead dancer, real name: han jaegyeong
  • Mau- 17, rapper, real name: Maureen kim
  • Rin- 17, supporting vocalist, real name: zing lin-lin
  • Len- 18, rapper, real name: hwang sorin

Mira is a Filipino. Mira is a big fan of a boy group called TEEN TOP. Her ideal type is Chunji, the power voice. One day while octagon was recording a song in the recording studio, teen top came in the room! Mira was shocked! She didn’t know what to do. After the two groups had recorded their songs, there has been a problem in the audio mixer so the groups had to stay for a while. Both groups introduced themselves.

Teen top: hello we are teen top!

Octagon: hi! We’re octagon!

Niel: we really like your song!

L.joe started to sing octagon’s song…

L.joe: oh bo,ydon’t you know that I’m suffering so much because I love you too much oh oh baby! this lovelife ain’t fiiting right. This lovelife just ain’t right!~

The octagon members were pleased and happy that a boy group likes their song.

Lea: oh! You even know the lyrics to our song!

CAP: of course! He always listens to your song. He even sings them while taking a shower!

Rin: haha! Really?? That’s so funny!

L.joe was a bit embarrassed but it made him a little happy. Mira’s heart was pounding fast because of Chunji standing right in front of her! She didn’t know what to do. But after spending a little bit of time having chitchats, that nervousness she felt have gone away even if Chunji is near her. She still likes chunji but she managed to control that emotion. Then ricky suddenly said,..

Ricky: hey! Did you know that L.Joe really likes Anna? And that chunji really likes….

Mira’s nervousness came back at that very moment. She was excited at the same time nervous to hear what ricky was gonna say.

Ricky:……. Rin!

Rin was flattered but she knew that mira really likes chunji a lot. But!! Ricky was not yet finished.

Ricky: and that changjo….

Changjo ran towards ricky and attempted to cover his mouth but didn’t do it on time so..

Ricky: …..really likes Mira!

Mira was surprised to hear it and couldn’t believe it! They were both of same age and Mira also thought that changjo was a little bit appealing.

Mira: really? Is that so?

Changjo: ricky!!!!!! Wel,, u-u-ugmm…

Mira: ricky are you lying?

Changjo: no he’s not! Ugh, wait…..

Rin: aha! So if ricky isn’t lying then you do like mira, don’t you? Hehehe..

L.Joe: tsk tsk stk… caught in the act! But,…… RIIIIIIIICCCCKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ll talk to you later at the house.

Chunji: me, too! I’ll talk to you as well..

L.Joe, chunji and changjo were mad at ricky for revealing those secrets.. but still they’re friends. Changjo felt embarrassed and ricky worried. Ricky had a cute worried expression on his face.. mira likes things that are cute and immediately reacts to cute things by touching them and saying “cuuuute!” so she walk towards ricky, squeezed his cheeks and said,…

Mira: cuuute!! Haha!

Mira put on a lovely smile and ricky felt a sudden thump. His heart started to beat faster than usual. He developed feelings for mira. The other members of teen top saw ricky blushing and immediately knew what ricky was feeling at the moment. For a while, ricky was silent, still unable to move on about what happened, mira asked,

Mira: ricky, are you ok?

Ricky: y-y-ye-yeah… I’m fine…

Mira: are you sure? Your face is red.

Mira touched ricky’s forehead to check his temperature. Ricky and mira made eyecontact with each other. Mira was dazed at ricky’s eyes.

Jaegyeong: mira, mira, mira!

Mira: huh? What?.....

Jaegyeong: you can remove your hands from his forehead now..

Mira: oh! You’re right!.... sorry…

Ricky: n-no it’s ok!...

Mira: no! I’m sorry..

Ricky: no! I said it’s ok!

Mira: no i….

Chunji: changjo! Where are you going to? Changjo!

Changjo suddenly walked out of the room. The others had a hunch of why he walked out but others remain clueless. The truth is changjo and mira are childhood friends, well, sort of. While changjo was 7 years old, he went for summer vacation at Philippines. While he was at a department store, he got lost. He cried. Then he saw a 7 year old girl approaching him..

Mira: ano problema? Bakit ka umiiyak?

Changjo: I’m sorry I can’t speak tagalong…

Mira: ah… ok.. so, what’s wrong? Why are you crying?

Changjo: I got lost and couldn’t find my parents..

Mira: want me to buy you ice cream?

Changjo: what’s your name?

Mira: Marianne tubil

Changjo: ok.

Mira bought ice cream for the two of them.

Mira: here! Try this! It’s yummy!

Changjo stared at mira for a moment because of lovely smile. Changjo fell in love with mira..

Changjo: promise me!

Mira: ha? What?

Changjo: promise me that you will be my wife when we grow up!

Mira: what are you talking about?

Changjo: I will promise to be a good husband to you! I’ll become an idol star for you to find me easily in korea.

Mira: korea? You’re Korean? U-ughmmm… ok! I promise!

Changjo: is that my mom? I think I see my mom. She’s looking for me.. I better go back.. here! I have this pair necklaces promise me too that you will never lose this necklace. You need to keep it safe! Ok?

Mira: o-ok! I promise that too!

Changjo: good!

Changjo said with a smile. But before leaving, he hugged mira tightly and kissed her cheeks. They both fell in love.. but can mira still fulfill her promise? Changjo went out of the room because he remembered that memory in his childhood. He now wonders is mira can fulfill her promises. After removing the jealousy out of his head, he went back inside the room. They had already fixed the problem but nedd to start recording again. He saw octagon recording. He sat on the couch with the other members of teen top. And he sat on something. He looked on what he sat on and it’s the necklace that he gave to mira back when they were young. This incident even made changjo fell in love more with mira. Changjo was happy that mira still couldn’t forget what had happened. After the recording, changjo gave the necklace to mira and asked.

Changjo: is this yours? I think you left it on the couch.

Mira couldn’t respond easily because ricky said a while ago that changjo likes her. But she still doesn’t know that he is the boy she met 8 years ago.

Mira: it’s mine! I would die if I lost it! This was given to me by my first love. I made a promise to him that I will not lose this until we meet again. We both promised that we would become idol stars and marry each other.  But now that I have already became one, I still couldn’t find him. So that’s why this is so valuable to me. Well, it’s time for us to go. Bye! We’ll see you guys next time!

Lea: bye! Bye L. Joe!

L. Joe blushed.. and the other teen top members .. chunji also said goodbye to rin. This made mira jealous.. changjo seeing mira jealous made him jealous as well but he was still touched that mira still remembers what happened. Then, teen top recorded their song. After teen top returns home, niel said..

Niel: aww, too bad for both of you (referring to changjop and ricky who has a crush on mira)

Ricky: what? Why?

Niel: didn’t you hear what mira said a while ago? She said that she had already made a promised in her childhood that she will marry someone that gave her the necklace..

Ricky: whaaaat? Noooooooo! Aww man….

Chunji: tsk tsk tsk..

Cap: don’t tsk tsk tsk over there. Didn’t you see a while ago that mira was always staring at you.. it seems that she likes you..

Chunji: what? No way.. 

Cap: yes way.,…

L.Joe: to tell you the truth, it’s actually quite obvious that mira likes you chunji. But I feel bad for that person who she promised to marry when she were young. I seems that she won’t be able to fulfill her promise.

Cap: hey! Don’t say things like that!

Niel: but L.Joe hyung has a point you know..

Ricky: I hope she won’t fulfill it..

Chunji: don’t say that as well. That’s rude.

Ricky: I’m sorry hyung!

Niel: ohoho!!! Does this mean that you begi  ti like mira now as well chunji hyung?? Hehehe

Chunji: what? Would you stop it.. you know I like ricky…

L.Joe: eeeii……. Ricky! You like mira don’t you?

Ricky: well ummm… kinda, sort of, yeah…

Niel: aha! I knew it..

L.Joe: so my observations were right. Hehehe

Changjo: WOULD YOU PLEASE STOP IT ALREADY!!!!!!

At octagon’s apartment,…

Mira: achooooo!!

Lea: bless you.

Rin: someone must have thought of you

Changjo left the living room, went to his room, laid down on bed, and held the other pair of necklace that was with him..  while looking at it, he closed his eyes and tears suddenly ran down…………..