Final

forever and always

 

Yuri’s pov

 

It’s December 12th, the week after my birthday, the day of our anniversary, and the day he left me. For good. That day was officially our 3rd year together. We were meant to be happy together for the rest of our lives, we have even planned out our engagement party, but I guess it’s not going to happen anymore.

 

Nickhun

 

My boyfriend, future-husband, my fiancé. That day, he picked me up from my apartment to have a date, a relaxing date.  We were strolling in a park, hand in hand, smiling and talking to each other, enjoying each other’s company. We were childhood friends. He knew everything about me, and I knew everything about him, too. We were reminiscing the time we spent with each other since young, laughing at every single embarrassing moment. He promised that he would take care of me forever, no matter what. He would love me forever, no matter what. But promises, can be broken.

 

Then, he saw an ice-cream man across the street, knowing fully that I love ice-cream, he told me to stay put, while he ran to get some. He pecked me on the lips and then ran across the road. He was queuing up behind the little children, waiting for his turn. I smiled, happy that I found such a thoughtful, considerate man for myself. I saw him holding two vanilla ice-cream cones in his hands, smiling like a little kid. He looked both ways to cross the road. He really did. But, while he was crossing, a car came speeding towards his direction. I called out for him. I wanted to protect him. I was willing to risk my life for his. But it was too late.  Within seconds, Nickhun was sprawled on the road, together with the two ice-cream cones. I rushed forward and held his arm. People gathered and whispered among themselves. The car, had unfortunately crashed too, maybe causing the driver’s life. But I didn’t care about that then. All I cared was Nickhun. My world was only around Nickhun and me at that time. He need not say it, as his eyes told me what he wanted to say: I love you, Yuri. Forever and always. No matter what.

 

He smiled at me, using the very last bit of energy he had. He took his final breath and closed his eyes. From that moment, I knew, that I had lost him for good. I cried my hearts out. The man of my life, just simply left me there, knowing that I was fully depending on him, counting on him. But, I know that he would not want to see me in this state. He would want me to be happy, be the Yuri he had always known from the start. That cheerful, positive, lovable Yuri. And that’s what I’m continuing to be. For him. For his sake. He might have left me, but I will always have him in my heart. I could feel him in my heart, his undying love for me. He had loved me for who I truly am. He loved all my flaws, found them perfect in every angle. He was the person I could trust my life with. The person I could trust everything with. He has flaws, everybody has flaws. Nobody’s perfect, but in my eyes, he is perfect. He was the world for me, and I was the world for him.

 

I visited his grave, where he was peacefully buried and smiled. I could feel his presence near me. I felt it the moment he left me. And I knew that he would never leave me alone. He would protect me.  I placed the flowers on top of his tomb and said,

 

‘’ I love you, Khun. Forever and always. No matter what.’’

 

I felt a cooling breeze around me, and it was like he responded to me, saying,

 

‘’I’ll always be here for you.’’

 

If he had not left me that day, exactly 1 year ago, we would have been a very happy married couple and maybe even have a child by then. But it’s fate. At least we both know that we would love each other forever and always. no matter what.

 

 

Hello my dear readers J so I hope you enjoyed this oneshot, although it is a little sad. It’s my first oneshot though ^^ so I hope I had done, uhm, well. xD I might make more oneshots in the future,  I don’t know, but I hope you enjoyed this one. please comment and subscribe ^^

Byebye~