Drabble 3

Hope For Our Happy Endings/That Which is Lost Drabbles

A fluffy TaeKey friendship set during Lost in the Hope/Lost verse. Reading Hope isn't really necessary to appreciate the fluff, but it's useful for understanding. Written for queenneesee915 for guessing what Taemin was reading in Hope/Lost Drabble 1. You're still welcome to request a drabble if you can guess. I'm so sorry this took so long and it's really short and not wonderful, so if you don't like it, feel free to tell me and give me a new prompt and I'll write a new one, okay? I'm sorry!

--

 

“Does anyone know where Kibum went?”

“Probably looking at the babies,” Jinki said, yawning into his hand. “I think that’s where he said he was going.”

Taemin disentangled himself from Minho, leaning in to kiss the corner of his lips. “Thanks.”

His boyfriend squeezed his fingers before letting him go and drifting back to sleep. The hospital was beginning to wake up, shifts changing and the earliest of the day-time patients coming to be checked in, but Taemin ignored all that. He walked toward a dark shape huddled in a sweatshirt by the nursery.

“Kibum?”

His head lifted and he smiled. “Hey, Taeminnie.”

“How’s the plan to steal Kate’s baby going?”

“Jinki won’t let me. He did promise me a puppy when we get home, though.”

Taemin laughed. “Poor Kibum.”

Kibum looked over at him, a sly smile curling his lips. “I’m going to find one that looks like Jonghyun.”

“No, I take it back. Poor Jinki. He doesn’t know what he’s getting himself into.”

“I know,” Kibum said, but he was smiling. “Look how pretty he is.”

“You sound like he’s your nephew instead of mine.”

Kibum shrugged. “He is pretty. I bet you looked like him when you were a baby.”

“I wouldn’t know,” Taemin said. “There are no pictures of me.”

Kibum put his arm around Taemin’s shoulders. “At least no one has embarrassing pictures to blackmail you with. Besides, I take it back. You were probably really, really funny looking.”

Taemin scoffed, shoving at him. “You probably weren’t any better. I bet you had a weird looking face.”

“I never had a weird looking face.”

“You still do have a weird looking face. It’s all pointy and has funny angles.”

“Jinki and I would make beautiful babies.”

“Yeah, ‘cause he’s normal-shaped enough to balance you out.”

Kibum made a deeply offended face, but Taemin could see the tendrils of a smile on his lips. “You’re lucky I like you as much as I do, kiddo.”

“I’m not that much younger than you, Kibum.”

Taemin barely ducked in time to avoid Kibum’s attempt to ruffle his hair. “Did you get any sleep?”

“I slept on the flight here. What about you?”

“Nope. I’ve been on big-brother duty since Kate’s first contraction, thirty-some hours ago. You’d think it was Jason’s first, the way he was carrying on.”

“You loved it. You love being the big brother.”

Taemin smiled softly, looking at the bassinettes through the nursery window. “Yeah, I do.”