Drabble 2

Hope For Our Happy Endings/That Which is Lost Drabbles

A fluffy OnKey in the Hope For Our Happy Endings verse (here or here). Reading Hope isn't really necessary to appreciate the fluff, but it's useful for understanding. Written for fillina93 for guessing what Taemin was reading in Drabble 1. You're still welcome to request a drabble if you can guess.--

---

 

“K-Kibum?”

Key turned toward Jinki, who was coming out of the kitchen with a glass of wine for each of them. The older man had a faint blush climbing his cheeks as though he’d already had a glass and he was walking with slightly unsteady steps. That might have just been Jinki, though.

He reached out and took one of the glasses, smiling when the blush climbed higher on Jinki’s cheeks. There was something absolutely endearing about someone reacting so strongly to his presence. His fully clothed, unpaid presence.

“Yeah?”

“D-Do you want to sit?”

Key smiled, ducking his head. “I am sitting, Jinki. Come on. It’s just me.”

“I know. That’s the problem,” Jinki mumbled, but he sat at Key’s side. Key’s smile faded, a frown forming on his face.

“Is everything okay? I can go… if you want. I know that…” Key paused to swallow. “I know that I can make people uncomfortable, but--”

“What?” Jinki asked, gesturing frantically, almost spilling his drink in his haste. His inherent clumsiness got markedly worse when he was nervous, Key noticed. “No, no, no. I didn’t mean that. Kibum, no.”

Key pretended not to feel the wave of relief crash through him. “Oh. Sorry.”

“No, don’t apologize. I didn’t mean…” Jinki took a deep breath. “Let me start over, okay?”

That made Key smile again, but he looked down at the deep red wine in his glass, taking a sip.

“Do you like red wine? I should have asked. I could have gotten white.”

Key laughed openly. “Red is fine, I promise.”

“Good. Um…” Jinki took a drink of his own wine. “Kibum, I… can I talk to you?”

“That’s what we’re doing, isn’t it?” Key knew he was teasing and felt a little bad when Jinki blushed again, even if it was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen. He set his glass down and reached out to touch his arm. “Yes. You can talk to me.”

“I know you’re kind of thinking what to do and where to go, because it’s pretty obvious that Minho really cares for Taemin. I want you to know that I care about you. I mean, I care about Taemin. But… No, I mean--”

Key took the glass from Jinki’s fingers, setting it on the table. Jinki watched him, some faint hope blossoming in his eyes. He leaned forward, resting his hand on the back of Jinki’s neck and drawing him in close.

“I care about you, too, Jinki.”

He caught the bright smile on Jinki’s face just before his eyes fluttered shut and he was pressing his lips to Jinki’s, feeling the hitch of the older man’s breath. The kiss was innocent, just the simple press of their lips together.

“Oh,” Jinki said, when they pulled apart.

Key laughed softly, nervously, his heart pounding. He really hadn’t kissed that many people in his life, and it scared him. The ones he had kissed, he hadn’t cared about. This was different and this was terrifying.

Jinki seemed to understand, taking Key’s hands in his. Key couldn’t even look up, despite his initial boldness. Jinki reached for Key’s chin, tilting his head up until their eyes met.

“You’re beautiful, Kibum,” Jinki whispered before their lips met again. Jinki was gentle. He pushed a little, encouraging Key to part his lips, but then retreated, letting him decide if he was going to deepen the kiss. When he did, Jinki let their tongues press together, running the tip of his tongue along the roof of Key’s mouth, making him shiver, then pulling away.

Key blushed bright pink, pressing his face into his hands. Jinki laughed softly, pulling Key into his arms. Key tucked his head against Jinki’s chest.

“This okay?” Jinki asked.

Key nodded. “This is okay. This is more than okay.”