It Starts

The Small

 

“Ugh…I’m hungry…Sakura-chan is there food in the green room?” Aiba Masaki groaned falling behind the rest of his band mates, holding his growling stomach. The short, petite personal assistant turned towards the complainant with a kind smile.

 

“Mm-hm. The caterer just finished setting your lunches up.” Sakura replied while pressing a finger to her headset, listening to the person on the other end with a concentrated expression. As they approach the green room she stops short with a sigh of annoyance.

“Enjoy your lunch, everyone, just call me if you need anything.” Her light tone contrasted with her irritated sigh as she turned and walked down the corridor, grumbling into her headset. Ohno Satoshi watching as his PA disappeared behind a corner, Ninomiya Kazunari nudging him in the ribs to prod him forward.

Awaiting the idols was a wide array of foods, five different courses to be exact. Each seeming to cater to one of the five members taste at that very moment, it was as if the caterer knew what they had wanted the moment their stomachs demanded food. There was no fighting with each other, no questions asked as they ate in silence. Save the few mutters of praise to the taste of their lunch.

With their hunger satisfied and filming put off to the late afternoon, the members of Arashi relaxed in the confines of their green room. The room was decorated to their liking after years of use, each member having offered their own personal taste to the décor.

Relaxing in their own personal areas, the idols simply waited to be called upon again. Nino was playing his Nintendo DS on the couch while Ohno hovers between the lines of sleep and awake, his head lying perfectly comfortable on the younger man’s lap. Aiba’s elegant fingers were eagerly replying to text messages he had received from friends during shooting, Sakurai Sho had been reading the newspaper from page to page with excited eyes, and Matsumoto Jun was burying his nose in an oh-so-interesting classic novel.

However, this calm and comfortable silence only lasted a short time before the group felt an abnormal call of sleep. Ohno went first considering he was already half asleep anyway, Aiba, Nino, Jun, and Sho quickly followed their Leader in slumber…

<###>

Sakura tapped her foot in impatience, checking her wrist watch every few seconds. She was standing with her cellphone against her ear, listening to an editor plead for Ohno to appear in and on the cover of their independent magazine.

“How many times must I repeat myself, sir? I’m not Ohno-san’s manager! I’m just his personal assistant!” She tried to sound angry but her light tone was hard to take seriously. She didn’t even know how this guy got her private cell number.

After another five minutes of convincing and Sakura having to give the editor Ohno’s manager’s office number, it was over. Taking a deep breath in an attempt to relax herself, Sakura turned and started walking towards Arashi’s green room. With a loud grumble from her stomach she knocked lightly on the anteroom door, cursing her busy job for keeping her from lunch.

 

“Kobayashi-san, are Arashi-san ready to shoot yet!?” The assistant director for VS Arashi screamed into her ear via headset, puffing her cheeks out like a hamster who stuffed its cheeks full of chestnuts she mustered a reply.

 

“I’m at the door right now, sir. Please wait a minute.” She tried her best to keep her professional tone, but today was such a hassle that her nerves were starting to slip out of her grasps. Taking a deep breath she knocked three times on the door, getting absolutely no reply.

“Ohno-san? It’s Kobayashi…Ohno-san, are you there?” She questioned, knowing that Ohno would answer if he was there…he always responded whenever she spoke to him. Smiling at the thought she cautiously cracked the door open, barely allowing her to peek into the room. When she couldn’t hear anything, Sakura stepped into the seemingly empty room. With a furrowed brow she contemplated where the idol group could have ventured.

 

“Kobayashi-san, where are Arashi-san!?” Growing tired of the assistant directors mumbles and yelling into her headset, Sakura turned it off in order to think.

 

“Ohno-san? Aiba-kun?” Her voice reaching the shallow corners of the room, she peeked around the dividing wall leading to the showers hoping to find some sign of her charge.

“Why would they hide from you, Sakura, get a grip.” She murmured to herself, lightly slapping her cheek before pulling her cellphone from the back pocket of her jeans. Pressing Ohno’s speed dial number and waiting for the dial tone…

A high and cheerful melody filled the green room. Slowly, nervously she turned towards the table where Arashi’s lunch leftovers remained…the only proof that they had actually been there. There it was…Ohno’s phone…it sat between a glass and plate, casually vibrating with the repeating beat of Sakura’s custom ringtone. Halting only when she stopped her attempt to contact him by means of phone.

Glancing at the rest of the table she spotted all of Arashi’s cellphones, Nino’s DS was still …Aiba’s phone flipped open and appeared to have been in the midst of a text message. Sho’s usual chair empty with today’s newspaper scattered on the floor and Jun’s novel, the one Sakura had bought him just yesterday, lay open. Its spine painfully wrinkled, the pages folded like origami against the cold floor. Pouting her lips, she scooped the book into her lovely hands, caressing the cover before placing it on the coffee table.

“It’s like they just…disappeared into thin air…” Sakura whispered her thoughts aloud, her lips in a thin line as she glanced around the room before finally looking at her feet. Her brow furrowing when she saw something hide behind the table leg. Without thinking she knelt down, feeling fearless with the idea that it might be a bug or rodent. Squinting her dark orbs, she saw five tiny figures scurry about.

 

“Say something!” A tiny voice snarled.

 

“She’s your PA!” Another small but somehow more cheery voice piped up.

 

“It’ll come better from the person she’s spent the most time with, Satoshi-kun.” A sensible voice reasoned, followed up by one of the miniature shadows stepping forward.

 

“Ohno-san…?” She whispered finally seeing the figure in the florescent lighting.

“Ohno-san!” She squeaked jumping up only to bash her head on the coffee table. Inevitably, this action caused her to fall unconscious.

 

 

######################################################

 

A/N: The first chapter of The Small....I hope you like it...? *3*