Chapter 1 – The Card Aren’t in Your Favor

Time Will Only Tell (editing)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1 – The Card Aren’t in Your Favor

It was a place hard to find, unless you knew where to look.   Song Eunhee's Fortune Telling shop, Beyond was exactly that kind of place.  Beyond did not stay in one place for too long, but her loyal customers had the ability to find her again.

Down a dark alley way, off of one of the side streets of Seoul, was where she was currently located.  Eunhee sat at a round table, covered with a purple tablecloth, her Tarot cards to the right of her.  She stared at the man who was sitting across from her, wondering why someone like him wanted his fortune told.  

Eunhee bit her lip as she tucked a strain of lose hair behind her ear, looking at the man sitting in front of her, "Are you sure you want to know your future?" Eunhee asked, knowing that this man was not human, most of her clientele were not exactly humans, they were supernatural's ranging from fairies to dragons.  Eunhee always asked a question like this before any reading she did for a supernatural because they often became permanent.  Just by the look of him, Eunhee could determine that he was either a vampire or a werewolf by his pale complexion, and body language. 

"I want to know women! Tell me what my future is, I am sure it's going to be fabulous." The man smirked as Eunhee shuffled the deck.

Eunhee let out a sighed knew he was neither a vampire or a werewolf, he was a demon.  She could tell by his attitude.  Demon’s always thought that they were better than everyone else because they can get away with murder; they had the devil on their side after all.  Tarot Card were also considered the work of the devil, but that's not true.  Tarot Cards have the ability to explores a person mind and their true desires, using that to predict their destiny.  Eunhee placed that deck in front of the man, "Please cut the cards.

The demon rolled his eyes, as he cut the cards.  He watched Eunhee slowly turned over each cards, stopping at the forth one, “Interesting…” She paused looking at the man who was eagerly awaiting his fate, “It seems like the cards aren’t in your favor!”

“What do you mean that they aren’t in my favor you little…” The man yelled as he knocked the table away and grabbed onto Eunhee's shirt.  “What are those damn cards of yours saying about me, princess.”

“First off I know that you are not human! I can tell by your aura that you are a demon.” Eunhee said as she watched his eyes changed to crimson, his nails growing longer. “Second I am not a phony, and most of my predictions comes true.”

“You little…” His grip suddenly loosen, releasing  Eunhee's shirt.  She watched demon fall to the ground, grabbing his chest, becoming short of breath, “You what are you doing to me. What is this magic?”

“What the cards told me is coming true.”  Eunhee said in a hypnotic voice. “The Nine of Swords was the sixed card I turned over,  telling me that the person that you love most is going to die.  Since you are in love with yourself you are going to suffer a slow, painful death.”

He  forced himself to stand up despite feeling weak, to take care of this phony and the nonsense she was uttering. His hands wrapped around Eunhee's neck, cutting off her air passage as he pushed her against the wall. “If I die I am taking you with me.”  

~~~

“Why do I have to come with you again?” Myungsoo asked with his arms crossed as he walked next to his tall  companion.  “I hate going outside when it is this warm, like this. I rather stay home and read a book, Sungyeol. Knowledge is more important than these silly games you insist on playing all the time.  I cannot believe that you are my hyung!”

“Yahh, Kim Myungsoo, you better respect me as you hyung!” Sungyeol smiled brightly, ignoring Myungsoo’s cold attitude.  Not a day went by that Myungsoo was not cold, but Sungyeol knew he was not always like this, becoming a vampire made him the person he is today.  “And Tarot Card readings are not a game, Myunggie. Don't you want to know your fortune?” Sungyeol asked as he headed towards his favorite fortune teller's shop, but he was unsure if the girl was still using the same building.  He knew that she was not the type of person to say in the same place for too long.  She always had short leases at the places she did her readings, Sungyeol knew she did it for her own protection from supernatural's that did not like her predictions  “Plus the fortune teller is hot. She never stays in the same location, so it is difficult to find her, but I got a lead on where she might be.”

“How do you expect me to call you hyung when you act like a fool." Myungsoo crossed his arms, "I don’t think you know the definition of hot.”  Myungsoo was annoyed with Sungyeol.  He even glared at the girls who walked passed them, “Don’t call me Myungsoo or Myunggie, I hate those names.”

“L come on I am just playing with you, and control your temper." Sungyeol scolded as he felt a slight change in the temperature.  "I do not want it to snow in the middle of August. My birthday is coming up and I do not want to be shoveling snow again this year because you decided to throw a tantrum.” Sungyeol crossed his arms as he turned to walk down one of the street.

“I hate this weather; it makes me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter