The Right One (One-Shot)

The Right One

 

When the relationship of Jessica Jung and Kim Taeyeon inevitably fell apart, it was over a girl named Tiffany Hwang.

 

Granted, when using the word ‘relationship’, the steep friendship and camaraderie of many years was what came to Jessica’s mind. But on the other side, five agonizing years of unspoken and now, confirmedly, unrequited love was the basis of ‘relationship’ for Taeyeon.

 

Tiffany Hwang was the decided catalyst of the dissolution of their friendship on the surface. But Taeyeon knew that the beginning of the end had started much earlier than that.

 

It started when she saw half-lidded eyes and a picturesquely messy fringe just a tad too close for her to help her actions- to stop urges and keep herself in control.

 

Yes, it started when she kissed Jessica fully on the lips, and saw widening irises and a flash of something that jolted through Jessica’s body so quick, Taeyeon herself could feel it too.

 

Taeyeon had hoped that realization would turn out in her favor. She had hoped that Jessica would end up in her arms and ultimately aware of feelings for her too… or something…

 

But instead, she got a bumbling and half mortified apology and a stiff body next to hers for the rest of the night.

 

In the morning, she confessed though it did her no good. And, being her amiable self, she had tried to assuage the younger girl with words that would kill their relationship for good.

 

“Don’t worry about it, sica, when you meet the right one you’ll understand how I feel.”

 

Of course, she hadn’t expected that silly brunette to meet the right one so soon, let alone, have that right one be someone other than her.

 

But Taeyeon saw it. She saw it in the other girl’s widening irises and flash of something that jolted through Jessica’s body so quick, Taeyeon herself could feel it too.

 

Jessica found the right one, and when she looked over to Taeyeon with a timid smile, Taeyeon knew that she was acknowledging her words as absolutely right.

 

The unbreakable attachment that resulted in dull heartaches and pain, tempered with sadness and happiness thick in dependence on another person. The willing helplessness to be in the palm of a silly girl’s hand… Jessica felt it too just as Taeyeon had, and it made Taeyeon want to tear her hair out in frustration because it wasn’t because of her.

 

So in the end, a relationship with one desperately wanting the other while the other was chasing after another would just produce too bitter of fruits.

 

Taeyeon told herself that at night to keep from running to Jessica’s room with kisses in mind.

 

In the mornings, she’d let other girls wake the silly brunette up, and keep her smile on for the other foolish girl because Taeyeon was admittedly still fond of Tiffany terribly.

 

And in the night, she’d tell herself not to regret Jessica while sparing a minute to mull over her own stupid words, the ones she should and should not have said.

“-When you meet the right one, you’ll understand how I feel.”

Taeyeon didn’t know how exactly these words would help her now that Jessica had found someone else, but there had to be another girl out there somewhere who could see the meaning in them.

 

The End.