summer rain

summer rain

it was now my time to close my eyes.

"why did you lie about your name?" i asked back. "you told me your name was rain."

he smiled. i smiled back. he then sat up and held my hand like it was the most natural thing in the world.

"why do you have to go?" i can't say a word. it was the question i have been dreading ever since i got here on a peculiar gray sky april.. and now for some reason it's a gloomy day for May. i stood up not answering his question. the sun was greeting us mightily signaling it was already time to leave. i faced him.

"thank you...for this summer." i held back the tears.

"thank you for your umbrella on that rainy summer day. i met you because of that. thank you for taking me to places i have never been into..but both of us know, i have to leave." and just like that tears rushed through my eyes. i sudddenly felt his arms around me. we stood like that for a long time. he then whispered to me the words i would never forget.

"sorry. sorry for being your umbrella and your rain." he let go and walked away from me. just like that.my summer's over. my world stopped. i took a deep breath and started walking the opposite direction.

"i hope i'll see you again next summer,rain."