Hansung's Princess and the Story of Soomi and Misoo

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

While your dad continues to recite his short spiel, you press your lips together, trying your best to prevent the words “dad, please stop” from clawing their way out of your mouth. Though you know your father means well, you can’t help but be apologetic and embarrassed that Myungsoo must hear such words. And as much as you want to step in, you can only pray that his well-memorized speech will soon come to an end. 

 

“I want her home safe and sound, do you understand?” your dad clarifies, reciting the last bits of his monologue.

 

“Yes, sir. I understand,” Myungsoo—who, for the entire length of the Chairman’s dialogue, kept his eyes to the ground and listened quietly—answers. “I’ll have her home by 12,” he assures your dad, looking directly into the business giant’s intimidating eyes without any hint of nervousness in his own. Hansung’s prince then turns his attention to you and smiles sweetly, “I’ll go get the car.”

 

Once he’s far enough, you let out the sigh you’ve been holding for some time. You then look at your dad and frown, “Appa, was that really necessary?”

 

“Of course,” he answers without hesitation. He places both hands in his pockets and rocks himself once, twice, three times. “You know very well that every single man who wishes to accompany my daughter anywhere has to go through it. I’m just making sure you’ll be safe sweetheart,” he tells you.

 

Knowing very well that he's only trying to fulfill his fatherly duty, you flash a defeated smile, “Thank you appa.”

 

You dad returns the smile and puts an arm around your shoulders. “But Kim Myungsoo-ssi seems to be quite the gentleman. I’m not worried whatsoever,” he admits.

 

Just then, a sudden thought enters your mind. You turn your head the opposite direction and snicker. “If that’s the case, I wonder what you said about LJoe…seeing they’re complete opposites,” you whisper under your breath.

 

“Lee Byung Hun-ssi?” your father starts, overhearing the conversation you’re having with yourself. “That young man is something different…When I told him the exact words I just finished telling Kim Myungsoo-ssi, you should have seen how sincere he was. That young man might fool around at times, but he seems to really care a lot about you dear,” he informs you happily.

 

Completely lost for words, you meet your father’s gaze with questioning eyes. “LJoe?” you clarify, unsure if what you heard was what he said—or if it was about the person you’re thinking of, for that matter.

 

“The boy deserves more credit than what you give him,” your dad advices with a smile just as a white Bugatti-Veyron pulls up in front of you.

 

Myungsoo comes out of his car, still wearing that charming smile, and opens the passenger door for you, “Let's go?”

 

You reply with a nod then turn to you parents and tell them goodbye.

 

“Have fun you two!” your mom yells cheerfully while waving a hand in the air.

 

“And drive safely!” you dad adds, once again using his stern voice.

 

Once inside, behind the tinted windows, Myungsoo leans over and reaches for your seatbelt, surprising you.

 

As his body nears yours, you can feel the growing heat emanating from his skin—as well as from your cheeks. Gripping your jacket in secret, you quietly swallow the wave of nervousness sneaking up on you and hold your breath.

 

He smiles to himself as he hears you gulp, but like a true gentleman, he refrains from commenting. He silently fastens both your seatbelts and the two of you drive off.

 

“I’m sorry,” you begin after taking some time to calm your pounding heart.

 

Myungsoo takes a quick glance at you then focuses back on the road. “For?” he asks calmly.

 

“What happened back there. My dad’s lecture. Please don’t take it as a threat…he just tends to do that with every guy I'm associated with,” you explain.

 

"Really? Then I'm guessing he's already given the speech countless times," he teases, followed by another smile. “It’s fine, it’s understandable. He's just being a father.”

 

“Yes, he is,” you reply, returning the smile. “My dad can be very protective of me—to the point where it’s unbearable sometimes—but I know it's his way of showing how much he loves me," you continue shyly.

 

Hearing those words, the sweet smile on Myungsoo’s face slowly contorts to a sad, almost heart-breaking, one. "That must be nice," he mumbles to himself.

 

|| …………. ||

 

Since the arena doesn’t open for seating until 7PM, the two of you take a detour to a nearby shopping district to kill time—one and half hour to be exact. Walking side by side, you stroll down the street like curious tourists and take turns peeking at each store you find interesting.

 

After a while, you let your eyes wander away from your current path and immediately, you spot a hidden gem—a glowing costume shop too inviting to resist—just around the corner.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter