A Date that's Not a Date

I've Fallen For You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite wanting to keep him company on the long drive home, you eventually doze off to the land of dreams.

 

LJoe glances every now and then to check if you're sleeping comfortably—reaching over from time to time to readjust your falling head and even managing to cover you with a blanket he fished from the back.

 

“Mi Young,” he calls gently after arriving at the mansion. Getting no conscious response, he puts the gear on park and gently taps your shoulder. “Mi Young-ah,” he calls again.

 

As his rather soothing voice enters your ears, you slowly open your eyes and examine your surroundings, stopping only when you meet his gaze. Something about these eyes seems different. You tell yourself. The LJoe right now looks so caring, warm, and serious, unlike his usually obnoxious self. It’s been like this for some time now…ever since the day Suho left.

 

While you brush the thought aside and gather your things, LJoe gets off the car and crosses over to open your door.

 

Leaning on his car, he watches you jog up the steps, barefoot. And when you finally reach the door, he walks back to the driver's side and opens the door.

 

“LJoe-ya,” you call to him.

 

Shinil’s royal looks up slowly, “Ne?”

 

You give him a bright smile and wave, “Goodnight."

 

LJoe lets out a small laugh as he looks away, unable to take the sudden wave of butterflies your smile brought. He faces you once more and returns a smile, “Sweet dreams.”   

 

|| The Following Morning ||

 

With much energy, you hop out of bed, wash your face, tie your hair in a loose bun, and skip happily downstairs for breakfast.

 

As you go down the marble steps, you hear G-Dragon’s voice coming from your pajama’s pocket, signaling an incoming call. You reach for your phone and glance at the unfamiliar number, wondering who it could be.

 

“Telemarketer?” you question out loud as you slide the answer key and bring the device to your ear, “Hello?”

 

“Good morning,” a sweet, charming voice greets from the other end of the line.

 

Without having to think, you quickly recognize the mysterious caller. A smile traces over your face as you continue to make your way down at a much slower pace, “Good morning to you too.”

 

“So, I was wondering," the person begins casually, "if you have any plans tonight."

 

“Tonight? Hm…nothing that I can think of,” you answer, stopping on the current step you are on, “Why?”

 

“I got two tickets to the 2PM concert at the Olympic Stadium…and seeing they’re an all guy group, I would really prefer not to go alone…” Myungsoo trails off.

 

“YA! You ungrateful, selfish, son of a—” you hear Woohyung yell in the background, “Why can't you just take me with you?”

 

You let out a loud laugh after imagining his one-man protest taking place behind Myungsoo. “Sounds like someone’s dying to go,” you comment.

 

“Yes, but for a completely different reason,” Hansung’s prince replies. “Besides…it won't be as fun if it’s not you by my side,” he continues.

 

“Eh?” you breathe out, unsure if you heard his last few words correctly, “What—”

 

“Either way, wouldn’t it be awkward seeing two guys go together to a 2PM concert?” he adds, interrupting your question.

 

“Yes, it would be,” you answer after releasing another laugh.

 

“So I’ll take that as you’ll go with me?” Myungsoo clarifies, but before you can utter a single word, he cuts you off again, “Great. I’ll pick you up at 6.”

 

“Wait!” you manage to say before he can hang up his line.

 

“Yes?”

 

“How…how did you get my number?” you ask out of curiosity, getting a soft princely chuckle out of him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter