Talk

Seven

(Donghae POV)

 

We sat there in silence. Me trying to digest what she had just said and she..well, I don't know what's going on in that head of hers. I don't even know why I asked her out to have lunch with me when I barely even knew her. Maybe it's because of her eyes? I was too damn captivated by them I guess. I mean..they were blue! How many koreans did you see with blue eyes? Naturally blue eyes not contact lense blue eyes? There was a low chuckle and I raised my head to look at her. She was..laughing? At what?

 

"You do realise how stupid you look right?"

 

Oh. Again with the insults. What's with her? "Excuse me?" I can't believe I'd said those two words three times in one morning.

 

"You were staring blankly at me. You're wondering if they're real right? My eyes I mean." 

 

Oh..damn I was caught. I blushed almost instantly, I could onlyl mutter a low yes as I looked away embarrased. What am I? A girl? Blushing because I was caught staring? Damn..

 

"They're real." wow, what an answer she gave me. She even laughed again! Well more like giggled.. in a very tame girly kind of way. It was sorta cute. "My grandmother was British. Sadly I don't look like her at all." 

 

"It's my first time seeing someone with eyes like yours.. for a korean I mean."

 

"I know. I often get stared at for that reason."

 

And with that our food came. We again ate in silence but this time, it didn't seem to suffocating. "Aren't you gonna drink that?" I asked, pointing to her untouched glass of ice tea that I ordered. She just shook her head and told me that she wasn't fond of anything sweet even in drinks. It was weird hearing that from a girl. Don't girls usually like sweet things? I know my cousin likes sweet things..shouldn't she?

 

We finished our meal quite fast, too fast I think. Well, it doesn't matter since this isn't a date at all. No worries. Wait..uh yeah..not a date. Just lunch with a stranger. 

 

Suddenly there was a ringing sound, a phone call perhaps. "Yaboseyo?" Oh it was her phone..she suddenly sound so..nice.

 

"Ah..oppa..what is it?" Oppa? Older brother oppa or?....

 

"Mianhe..I just went out for a walk. Hm? Yes, yes..I'll be right back. Meet you there? Ne.. bye." 

 

She placed her phone down and looked up to me and bowed. "Thank you for the time but I have to go. Uh..here's my share of the bill." She placed her money on the table and was about to gather her things when I called out. I don't know why but it just came out.

 

"It's ok. I was the one who asked anyway. I'll pay."

 

She looked almost insulted by me. What is wrong with her? Wasn't that the usual? I mean, I did technically ask her out so uh..you get my drift.

 

"No, it wouldn't be fair. Besides, I was very mean to you earlier. This is the least that I could do. Uh..pay my part I mean." 

 

I shook my head no, trying to convince her that it was ok. I pushed her money closer to her as a sign that I wasn't taking no for an answer and she sighed. "If you insist." She gave me a curt bow, stood up with her things and was about to leave when I called out. Yet again.

 

"Hey uh..you gonna be around? Here I mean..uh..bench." I sound stupid. What is wrong with me?

 

I looked at her, waiting for her reply and apparently she gets me since she gave me a small smile. "Ne." She looks pretty when she smiles, seriously she does. Before I could even say anything she leaves. Just like that. I haven't even asked her when that'll be.