Did she actually believe me?

Exchange of Hearts ♥

 

       

       The following days, Hoya was still bothered with what he had just realized. He was too afraid that she might fall for Myungsoo. He made sure to keep a close eye on Hyun Ae whether inside of the school or not. Aigoo Hoya! Just confess to her now! You’ve been best friends since birth! You must take this friendship to another level! Why are you sooo... Hoya was snapped out of his abstraction when Hyun Ae waved her hand in front of his face. “Hoya??”

 

       “What are you thinking of? These past few days, your mind seems to wonder all over.” Hyun Ae furrowed her eye brows in confusion. “Is there something bothering you?” she added. And that was when the stuttering began. “Wha-t? O-ohh. This is no-othing. I... I’m.. I’m just rea-“ Hoya was in real panic and didn’t know what to answer. He was puzzled for sure. Hyun Ae tried to calm him down by reaching for his panting chest and held it for a few moments.

 

        “Are you okay now?” Hyun Ae inched closer. Hoya gave her a small smile but at the back of his mind, he really wanted to shriek loud and wanted to jump in happiness. He held Hyun Ae’s hand and nodded. “Thanks.” He said. Hyun Ae tried to hide her pinkish cheeks that were the result of Hoya’s touch but Hoya saw it otherwise. Oh how cute. She’s blushing.

 

         There was still moment of silence as they were locked on each other’s gazes. Until one ring from Hoya’s phone interrupted the sweet panorama. Hoya mentally cursed himself for not putting up his phone on a silent mode. As he saw the caller ID, his smile turned into a nervy expression. He answered it immediately.

 

         “Yoboseyo?” he uttered. “Lee Howon?” a girl from the other line spoke. “Yes. This is Lee Howon.” He replied anxiously. “I am pleased to say that you are one of the scholars who met the standards of our University” Hoya’s pale face brightened once again. “REALLY? Thank you very much! When shall be my first day?” “The schedule says you are welcome the day after tomorrow” the girl stated. “What? That early? Ohh.. okay. Thank you once again” Hoya ended the conversation with a low tone.

 

        “What was that?” Hyun Ae spoke curiously. “That? That was nothing, actually” Hoya scratched the back of his nape while avoiding Hyun Ae’s eyes. Hyun Ae knew Hoya very well. She knew he was lying but she didn’t want to force him to tell her what it was about. “Okay.” Was all she can say as she started on foot. Did she actually believe me? Hoya thought.

 

         He ran up to catch on to Hyun Ae. He still couldn’t leave his ogle on to Hyun Ae, but this time it was not affection that was rendered by his eyes. It’s more like “what’s on her mind” kind of look. And as they walk further, too much curiosity began rising from Hyun Ae’s thoughts until it exploded unexpectedly. She faced Hoya and hugged him, burying her face into his chest.

 

       “Please tell me what that is! Please! Please!” She whined like a child. Hoya could feel her pout along his chest and that really made his day. He really enjoys seeing her exploding like that. It gave him a flashback when they were both young and up until now, she was still the same old Hyun Ae, She was still childish. Hoya grinned in amusement and chuckled. “Okay! okay. I’ll tell you what it was”

 

        Hyun Ae tilted her head up excitedly and flashed a smile on Hoya. “Yay!” Hyun ae said with eyes full of anticipation. Hoya invited her to sit at the nearby bench. “I have been accepted with full scholarship into a University, Hyun Ae” Hoya blurted out. “Really? That’s great!” Hyun Ae faked a smile but at the back of Hyun Ae’s mind, her heart just dropped. “Where will it be?” she asked looking down.

 

       Hoya couldn’t utter a word. He didn’t want to leave Hyun Ae and he didn’t want her to feel lonely. He tucked the strands of hair that was covering Hyun Ae’s face and took courage to speak. “It will be far from here Hyun Ae. It’s on America” Hoya finally said. That made Hyun Ae really speechless. It took a while before she could clear “I see. When will your flight be?” she added. “I believe it will already be tomorrow night.”

 

       Hyun Ae didn’t really know what to say and how to react with this. She’s struggling to know what she really feels. Is she happy for Hoya? Is she mad at him, knowing that he will soon leave her? It was really jammed up emotions for sure. “So, you’re really leaving me, huh?” Hyun Ae slightly chuckled. “I’m sorry” Hoya stated.

 

       “If you want to, I can cancel the flight immediately!” please ask for me to stay. Just say it, please! Hoya thought. “Oh no! Don’t be sorry. You deserve this. This is a once in a life time opportunity, Hoya. I will not stand in your way” She gave him a smile for assurance. Along the while, tears began escaping from Hyun Ae’s eyes. Oh my! Please don’t cry, Hyuniiee... Hoya thought.

 

       “Hyunnieee...” Hoya reached for her cheeks but before he could do so, Hyun Ae suddenly stood up and turned her back at him. “I’m not crying.” She said. As much as she wants to stop and dry those tears, it just kept strolling down. Finally, Hoya stood up and hugged her from the back. She felt the warmth of his embrace and fully accepted it.

 

       Hoya spun her around facing him. He wiped the tears away with his thumb and tilted her head up to face him. Her eyes grew really red and swollen and again, tears kept on falling. He couldn’t stand it seeing her eyes like that. He pulled her to his embrace and caressed her back. “Please don’t cry. It will just be for awhile you know. Besides, you’ll gain lots of friends here!” Hoya said.“I hope so...” Hyun Ae responded meekly.

 

        After what seemed to be forever, they both broke the embrace and decided to wrap this day up. Hoya walked Hyun Ae home and bid each other good bye.   

 


 

 

Annyeong!~ =))) I'm so sorry if there are errors :( 
This is still not edited. 
I just wanna greet a Belated Happy Birthday to YESUNG <3 :"> 
-Charm-