The Introduction of Infinite

Our Goddesses

 

WOOHYUN’S POV

 ‘You’re late.’ The leader stated, expressionless.

Woohyun knew the consequences, he knew he would die. Though he faced death on a daily basis, he was afraid. I don’t want to die; Sunggyu hyung won’t kill me right? Not after everything we’ve been through, we’re brothers.

 

~FLASHBACK

Hyung, hyung! What are they doing to that man?’ Woohyun questioned.

The older boy, Sunggyu quickly covered the younger boy’s mouth and told him to shush, the younger boy knowingly nodded. After that the two boys sat quietly out of view behind the dumpster, waiting patiently for their older brothers.

‘We’re finished kids, let’s go home’ their brother GD boomed, signalling the boys to come out.

The boys hurriedly ran hand in hand towards their brothers. ‘Hyungs wait for us we’re coming!’ they exclaimed.  As they eventually caught up, the youngster Woohyun wanted to satisfy his curiosity.

 

‘Hyungs, what were you doing to that man?’ Woohyun asked innocently.

‘He needed some help sleeping Woohyunnie.’ Their hyung GD replied rather amused.

‘Hyung, why was he making all those strange noises?’ Woohyun continued to ask.

This time their hyung TOP answered with light laughter, ‘Don’t you worry kiddo; he was just having a nightmare.’  Woohyun still young and naive wore a confused expression.

‘Hyung, why was he bleeding?’ Woohyun asked, trying to understand the scene that he had witnessed.

‘Woohyun you ask too many questions.’ GD answered avoiding the question, as he roughly dishevelled the little boy’s hair.

‘Want ice-cream boys?’ GD proposed, in hope to distract Woohyun.

Though Woohyun had more questions he had wanted to ask, nothing was more important than ice-cream.

‘Yes!’ the two boys shouted excitedly, jumping up and down with glee.

 

That was the first time they boys had been exposed to death, the first time that they had witnessed a murder. At the time they were too young to comprehend the situation. They didn’t know the life that awaited them.

 

~16 YEARS LATER

The elder hyungs GD & TOP whom once, protected and nourished the two young orphans. Had died two years ago sacrificing their lives, in order to defend their only two dongsaengs, hoping that the two wouldn’t have to follow their steps living a life of crime.  But at that time the two young boys had matured into two young adults. Sunggyu and Woohyun were already acquainted with death, and all aspects of living the life of a thug. In the beginning, the two felt lost, though they knew that their hyungs wanted them to lead a different life. It was impossible. They knew no other life. So from there the two brothers started their own gang calling themselves, Infinite. From there the fate destined brothers faced the world together, living the lives of thugs. Only knowing how to, commit the darkest crimes, with no expression or emotion. The only true feelings that they felt, were through their brotherly bond, even though the boys appeared to be cold brutes, they valued each other more than anything itself. They vowed to stay by each other’s side, to the final fight, a blood promise between two brothers. As time went by, Infinite became a group of seven young males, consisting of Sunggyu the leader, Woohyun his right hand man, L, Hoya, Dongwoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong, the maknae of the gang, and that was the official start of an infamous gang.

~END OF FLASHBACK

 

What Woohyun hadn’t realised back then was that, Sunggyu had changed. Sunggyu believed that having such attachments, like a brother hood was a weakness. Sunggyu believed that the love that their hyungs sheltered them with brought their death. I should’ve realised earlier, when he insisted on the gang’s motto. Abuse.Kill.Satisfaction. How was I so blind, to his transformation. How could I possibly not see his cold exterior, completely encase his heart. My brother had been replaced with a monster.

 

Sunggyu hyung you can’t!’ Sungjong yelled, tears streaming down his face breaking the silence, and Woohyun’s deep thoughts.

The leader eyed him intensely, not quite understanding Sungjong’s words. ‘You dare object to the conduct, you dare defy me Lee Sungjong.’ Sunggyu said with a deathly expression.

‘No of course not.’ The maknae managed to stutter retreating behind his hyungs.

Our Sungjong always weak hearted, to his hyungs. If Sunggyu doesn’t kill me, I promise to treat the little youngster better.

‘I thought so, Woohyun step forward to the centre.’ Sunggyu declared.

 

I stepped forward, perspiring profusely, my legs shaking, my heart beating weakly at the thought of death. The colour left my face as Sunggyu pulled out his signature shot gun, infamous for killing in one shot.  After numerous times of laughing at death’s face, it was now here for me. I closed my eyes, not wanting to see any further.

The sound of the trigger release echoed throughout the warehouse, terrorising my ear drums.

Still breathing, I waited for the bullet.

Sungjong couldn’t stand still, waiting for Woohyun’s death. He couldn’t let his fear, control him anymore. He leapt in front of Woohyun as the bullet was fired.

I’m still alive? Maybe Sunggyu changed his mind. At that very moment, I heard a tremendous thud before me. I carefully opened my eyes, to reveal Sungjong’s limp body before me. He took the bullet for me?

‘Sungjong you’re so naive, why would you sacrifice your life for me’ I yelled shaking his flaccid body. I’m the hyung, I should be the one protecting him, and I should be the one sacrificing my life for him.  ‘How could this be?’ I yelled in vain, and within that moment I could feel the presence of the fellow Infinite members surround me, besides L. In the corner of my eye, I could see him walking off into the distance.

Sunggyu still taken back by the current situation ushered no words he remained still, staring at Sungjong’s unmoving body.

The tension in the warehouse only grew as the members waited for their Leader’s word, and he finally spoke...

‘What Sungjong showed today was idiocy; he allowed his emotions to gain control of him.  His weakness brought him to his un-fated death.  Due to this how do I say, surprising event Woohyun you’re life will be spared, but just remember one more mistake and you too shall be in the meat grinder.’ Sunggyu announced, quite impassively as he stepped down and walked towards the door.

As soon as Sunggyu presence was absent from the room, the boys’ tears started to fall effortlessly.  Never did they think that the leader was capable of killing one of them, but that day marked the innocent death of Sungjong.  Remorseful and torn, the boys carried Sungjong’s body to the back of the warehouse where the meat grinder was located.

 

‘Sungjong doesn’t deserve this, he died for a brother.’ Sungyeol murmured.

‘We all know that, but you heard what Sunggyu hyung said.’ Hoya almost whispered in reply.

 

The boys carefully placed his body, upon the conveyor belt that would take transfer him to the meat grinder, but before activating the belt Woohyun said a few words.

 

‘Lee Sungjong, our youngest brother. Always loving and caring towards his hyungs, always showing us the brighter side of life. Never did he refuse a mission, never did he fail, and never did he break conduct. He was a true fighter. Right from our first meeting I knew that he would become a treasured member of Infinite. He’s tall, skinny self in tattered clothing, barely covering his dirt plastered skin, begging for money in such a unique way.  Our maknae, who naively sacrificed his life for mine, though I thank you, I feel immensely burdened. I can only promise to make it up to you in the next life. May your soul peacefully resign from crime.’

 

 With those words said, the boys said their final goodbyes and activated the machine. Their backs ce they heard the roaring of the meat grinder coming to life once again.

 

***

After the whole incident, the boys had been assigned to watch all movements made by Krystal, Jessica’s younger sister.  It was the day of Jessica’s funeral, L, Sungyeol, Hoya & Dongwoo were to attend discreetly and observe the girl’s reaction to her sister’s death. To their utter surprise, Krystal showed no weaknesses, nor vulnerabilities.  She did not cry and she did not express any emotion till her speech.  Krystal was different to their previous cases, she seemed difficult, cold.

‘She seems similar to you L, you’d make a good match.’ Sungyeol joked.

‘Shut up’ L coldly replied.

‘Suit yourself, I can’t wait to get my hands on her, she’s so hot.’ Sungyeol said.

L merely scoffed at Sungyeol’s honesty, ‘Do you think she’s a ?’ Sungyeol eagerly questioned the others, still expressing his interest towards Krystal.

‘Shut up!’ Hoya, Dongwoo and L yelled in sync.

‘You guys are no fun. You and Dongwoo are always together doing god knows what, and then there’s L who’s just cold as a block of ice.’ Sungyeol sulked.

Sighing heavily L said, ‘just watch the girl.’

‘Gladly.’ Sungyeol stated redirecting his attention to the girl’s body line.

 

Alas the funeral had ended, the guests slowly departed after offering their condolences. Hoya, Dongwoo along with Sungyeol had fallen asleep leaving L on watch by himself. So he decided to get a closer look of their target.

 

L’S POV

Aish stupid jerks, falling asleep leaving me to do all the watching, stupid Sungyeol for sleeping I thought his eyes were going to fall out of their sockets due to his intense staring. She’s not even that great, yeah she’s got curves and pretty face, but so what. Might as well get a closer look of this Krystal, we have to kill her soon anyways. I watched her intently leave the church, and briefly talk to the guests. I noticed a tall girl that seemed like a model approach her, it didn’t seem like the conversation went very far, because within a few minutes they parted in different ways. Damn this girl is dull, where’s the drama?  At that moment a guy ran to her, giving her a back hug, oh here we go, let the fun commence.

L continued to watch as the couple’s conversation developed. He was getting close to bored, till the girl; Krystal started to cry more so wailing. So she does have emotions, I guess me and her do have some similarities, and honestly she’s pretty cute when she cries. Oh what am I saying! Snap out of it Kim Myungsoo. It had been at least 30 minutes and Krystal was still crying relentlessly despite being out in public view. She must’ve been close with her sister, but how can one girl cry so much. Just then Krystal fainted into the arms of her boyfriend. L observed Krystal’s boyfriend instinctively carry her to his car, before returning to his fellow Infinite members.

 

So what have I learned about Krystal.

1.She pretends to be strong, by not expression emotions.

2. She’s fragile and she loved her sister.

3. Her boyfriend is whipped, and will be annoying to deal with later on.

4.I share certain similarities with her.

5.She’s actually hot

 

L was different in comparison to the other members of Infinite, he hated the life he lived, but he had no other choice. He hated himself, and what he had to do in order to survive. He wanted to live an ordinary life, to have a loving girlfriend, and to one day have a family and kids, but those things were impossible. He was a member of the feared gang Infinite; a family just didn’t match up to the picture. But at the same time, he also loved the power that came with it, the control the dominance that he received after tormenting his victims. He’d been with Infinite for three years, and the members became his brothers, but even still he wasn’t able to express how he truly felt. He had to have his icy facade every day, acting like he didn’t care anything but himself but in truth, Sungjong’s death shattered him. He and Sungjong were one of the closest pairs in the group. The countless nights out drinking their worries away, the countless nights just talking, Sungjong was the closest person to finding out L’s true self. But no, the world was cruel. Being at Jessica’s funeral hardly helped it only emphasized his loss, if it wasn’t for the distraction of Krystal, he would’ve completely lost it.

L never felt compelled or attracted to any girl before, and he’d met over millions. They just never caught his heart, as it was always encased by ice. But the one day where his barriers were insecure, he ‘met’ Krystal. To him she was stunning, and little did he know that they day was when he started to develop feelings for her.

Days passed, as they waited for their next order. The fellow members always enjoyed this time best, they could do whatever they wanted aside from breaching conduct. Most of the members of Infinite would spend their times at clubs, drinking and hooking up with girls, but not L nowadays with Sungjong missing from his life; he spent his free days alone, thinking about Krystal. Why is Sunggyu hyung taking so long to set our next mission? Maybe he’s not interested in killing Krystal anymore, no it can’t be. He’s been obsessed with eradicating the Jungs since the very start. Krystal Jung...I wonder if I could ever have the chance just to talk to her in some parallel world. There’s just something about her, that’s different to all the other girls out there. Stop dreaming Myungsoo. What’s happening to you, snap out of it. You are Infinite’s L. You kill in order to survive. You do not talk. You do not care about anyone but your members and yourself. Kim Myungsoo, wake up to reality. You’re a monster, you claim to hate the way you live, yet you enjoy tormenting.

 

Goddess of Beauty & Laughter pov’s

Where is this place, why is everything so bright. It’s almost like a scene out of a perfect fairytale. Through the brightness, I could recognise a familiar figure. ‘Jessica, is that you?’ I whispered.

‘Yoona!’ she shrieked, flying towards me. She had wings?! Before I could even blink, she had her arms wrapped around me, and her wings covering us. ‘I’m so sorry, I couldn’t protect you Yoona.’ She cried as she continued to strangle me in her embrace.

It was all too confusing. Yes I realised that I was dead, but why was Jessica apologizing? Why did she have wings? Did she become an ‘angel’ or something? Could someone please explain?

 

‘Yoona Im died at 02:15AM July 26th, 2012. Due to your unbending will to protect your loved ones, sacrificing your life for your partner, you are now a Goddess. Your title, is the Goddess of Beauty & Laughter, your fellow friends will soon join you and your friend Jessica here, watching over the world beneath you. Firstly here are a set of rules you must follow, or you’ll be forever banished.

 

1.       You must never intervene, with fate.

2.       You must not reveal any information revolving around Heaven or any knowledge you have of life.

3.       You must not lie to the celestial court.

 

To my dismay the voice suddenly came to a halt. But at least some of the blanks had been filled. Now I faced Jessica my best friend, whom I missed so dearly. ‘No it’s not your fault, you had to follow the rules, and it’s okay I died protecting Taecyeon. I said trying to assure her, she was not at fault.

At the brief mention of his name, my heart convulsed in agony. My boyfriend of four years, and my husband to be, my one love, Ok Taecyeon. Our lives had just recently reached perfection, no longer did we hold doubt, no longer did we fear. We loved each other unconditionally, letting our love consume us irrevocably. Our parting came too soon, if only the past could be altered...

 

‘I tried, Yoongie I honestly tried.’ Her tears gleaming down her flawless cheeks.

‘I know, I know its okay Jessica.’ I continuously repeated, as I attempted to soothe her.

The words she tried to say after were muffled against my shoulder as I brought her closer to me.

After what seemed like hours, of crying. She slowly drew away from our hug, and delicately wiped away her tears.

‘But Yoona, we have more pressing matters at hand.’ She said with a sudden serious expression.

‘Jessica, I’m still new to all this, I don’t quite understand what you’re implying.’

‘Yoona, Taecyeon isn’t safe. Donghae is going to return to kill him. The rest of the girls, aren’t safe. They’re all going to die. Soojung is being watched by Infinite, it’s our duty to protect them.’ Jessica explained.

‘I thought, we weren’t allowed to intervene with fate.’ I recited, still confused.

‘Yes we’re not supposed to, but I won’t allow any more of our loved ones to die. Even if it means, I’ll disappear forever. I can’t stand here and just watch their demise slowly pan out.’

‘But, Jessica you can’t...’

‘You’re right, I can’t protect them on my own. I need you to help me. I know it’s greedy to ask you to sacrifice your existence, but Yoona they’re our loved ones.’

She didn’t have to say any further, she had me at Taecyeon.

‘Yes Jessica, of course.’

Obviously happy by my response, she gleefully brought our hands together, interlocking them as she jumped up and down with joy. 

The two goddesses had made an official promise, a commitment to protect their loved ones at the risk of their own existence.  Though Yoona was certain about her decision, she couldn’t help but doubt their abilities.

 

 

AN: Sorry for not updating, like previously promised I had a maths exam and needed to study. So I’ll be doing a double update.

 Yes, the Goddess of Beauty & Laughter is indeed Yoona. This chapter was for all the Infinite fans, and in the next chapter I’ll be introducing a new goddess and for the Myungstal shippers out there, please anticipate the next chapters. ;)