The Ice Goddess

Our Goddesses

 

The Goddess of Ice or otherwise known as the Ice Princess, she’s famous for her cold exterior. For those that weren’t close to her, they only saw her icy glares and cold personality, but for those that she loved, they knew that it was all just a cover. Beneath the ice, there was such warmth and love.

Back when the Ice Goddess was a mortal, she loved her younger sister than life itself, at times it seemed like it was just her and her sister against the world. They could only depend on each other, after their parents had mysteriously passed away when they moved to Korea. Though both girls were devastated to hear such news, the pressing matter was finding out how their parents died. Had they been murdered? Kidnapped?  After months of tirelessly searching for answers, they finally found a clue. Without knowing what was ahead of them, the sisters decided to divulge into the hint. Which revealed their parents’ secrets, their father was associated with the well known gang Infinite. He had hired the gang, to eliminate a competing company’s CEO. Which led to the conclusion that once Infinite, had completed their task, their Leader Sung Gyu had decided to murder their family, and steal their wealth.

 

KRYSTAL’S POV

‘Unnie, what do we do now? They’re probably looking to kill us as we speak’

‘Krystal, I don’t know, but don’t worry, unnie will protect you.’

‘Where do we go now? It’s obviously not safe to live in this apartment anymore; they’ve probably been watching us, for a while now.’

‘For now let’s just move to Minho’s apartment.’

With that both girls, hurriedly packed their valuables and made their way to Minho’s apartment which he shared with his brothers, Jonghyun, Key, Taemin & Onew.

‘Minho oppa, open the door!’ Krystal screamed, whilst she impatiently hit the door.

Within seconds, Minho appeared at the door half awake, ‘Why are you so loud, it’s still early morning, just come in & keep quiet’

Once the two sisters, explained their situation to Minho he was fully aware of what had to be done. His number one priority would be Krystal, the love of his life & secondly would be her sister.

‘Just stay here with me & my brothers, we’ll protect you two at all costs’

‘Thank you oppa’ Krystal softly whispered, as she rested her head in Minho’s lap.

‘Yes thank you, Minho-shi’ The Ice Goddess formally replied.

‘Why are you being so formal for? We’re practically family, I’m going to marry Krystal sooner or later and then you’ll shall be my sister in law’ Minho proudly stated, as her ran his hands through the sleeping Krystal’s hair.

 

~ Weeks Later

Like Minho had promised, the two sisters lived under the brothers’ constant protection and watch. Never did they let the girls out of their sight. That was till one night, where the two girls decided that a night out was in order. Though Minho strongly objected to idea, and repeated his worries and fears, trying to talk both girls out of it. He failed at persuading the sisters.

 

‘Krystal, please stay home, you can’t go out this late!’

‘Its okay oppa, unnie will be with me’ Krystal replied cheerfully, trying to calm Minho.

‘For some reason that doesn’t reassure me at all, at least let me come along’

‘Choi Minho, what are you trying to imply, I’m her older sister I can take better care of her than anyone else here’

‘Sorry, that’s not what I meant it’s just, it’s still dangerous for you two to go out, especially at this time’

‘Thanks for the concern Minho, but we will be fine.’ The Ice Goddess said as she left the apartment.

‘Krystal, are you coming? I’ll be waiting outside for the taxi.

At that moment, Minho knew he had lost the fight. All he could do was look to Krystal with pleading eyes.

‘Coming unnie, I’ll just be a second’

‘Bye oppa, I’ll be back before you know it’ Krystal said as she went to hug Minho,

‘Arrasso, I love you Soo-jung, come back to me quickly’ Minho whispered into Krystal’s ear.

Krystal smiled at his words, and just like that she lightly kissed his forehead, where his worry lines had formed and whispered, ‘I know’ as she walked out the door.

From there the two sisters partied at the hottest clubs in Seoul, without a care in the world.  Letting themselves be consumed by the dance music that surrounded them. Once the two girls, were completely stress free they decided to return to the apartment.

 

***

Krystal had been patiently waiting for her sister in the taxi, for a while now. She was getting quite worried as the time continued to pass, but pushed them away.  What could be taking her so long? Maybe there’s a long queue. She’s fine; she just needed to go to the bathroom. But I’ve already sent her 10 text messages; maybe I’ll try calling her again. *RING RING...I’m sorry but this person is unavailable right now, please call again later* All her worries, that she had previously ignored, suddenly enveloped her mind. Without a seconds thought, she jumped out of the taxi, and raced back to the club. Running, through the crowds, searching for her sister, ‘Unnie, where are you!’ Krystal then ran to the bathroom, and hastily asked the girls waiting in line, ‘Have any of you see anyone that looks like this?’ as she showed them the photo of her sister, that she always kept with her.  ‘No’ the girls replied.  Krystal could feel her heart tear within her, ‘Please be okay unnie, hopefully she’s already back at the apartment waiting for me’ she thought to herself.

  For the first time, in Krystal’s life she felt alone.  The music that surrounded her, no longer brought her happiness, the many guys that surrounded her no longer made her feel attractive, and everything seemed irrelevant.  The atmosphere in the club was all too much for her to handle.  She needed quiet, and the nearest place was the back alley. She slowly trudged to the back exit, of the club.  She looked back once, with a heavy sigh, remembering just a few moments ago her and her sister were happy as could be, dancing the night away. How did things change so dramatically within such a short time frame? She pushed the heavy door in front of her, to be hit with an icy cold breeze.   As she walked down the alley, she noticed a figure leaning against the brick wall. She carefully walked towards the figure that was blanketed with darkness.

‘Excuse me, are you okay?’ Krystal softly whispered.

… There was no reply.

As she walked closer to the figure, it started to seem somewhat familiar, and then it hit her. It was her sister, ‘Unnie!’ she screamed, as she ran to her sister’s side. Her sister’s body was covered with bruises and cuts all over, as the blood trickled down her body.  ‘What happened to you unnie?’ Krystal managed to choke out, as her tears started to form.  The younger girl, wrapped her arms around her sister’s body and cradled her, ‘You’ll be okay, it’s okay’ she repeated continuously in between the outburst of tears, it wasn’t till her sister’s feint voice spoke that she stopped. ‘Soo-jung ah, unnie loves you. It’s not safe at Minho’s anymore run. With that her sister’s body fell limp in her arms.  Krystal didn’t even get a chance to tell her sister, that she loved her, that she was sorry, that she wanted them to flee to Australia, to start a new life.  All that she could do was hug her older sister’s corpse and cry.

After hours, of sitting in the alley crying she calmly pulled herself together. She carried her sister’s body in the taxi with her, to Minho’s apartment. She opened the apartment door, with her sister on her back. To see Minho staring back at her. ‘You’re sister seems to have drank too much’ Minho innocently joked.

 

She carefully placed her sister’s body on the couch ‘don’t you dare, talk about her like that, she’s my sister. What rights do you have? None, so shut up’ Krystal exploded.

‘I’m sorry, I was just joking’ Minho replied confused.

‘She was killed okay, you were right, it was dangerous. Happy now!’ Krystal screamed, as the tears surfaced once again.

Minho had no idea what to say, the news knocked the life out of him. Seeing his love cry so recklessly in front of him tore him apart. ‘How could this happen? It’s my fault, I should’ve gone with you’ Minho whispered, as he embraced her in his arms. Attempting to soothe her, instead of her resting against him, she pulled away. ‘No, it’s not it’s my fault and only mine’ She angrily yelled as she wiped away her tears. ‘I have to leave, but do me this one favour organize my sister’s funeral for me, make sure that she gets buried next to my parents. Make sure that she gets the best ceremony’ Minho tried to interrupt her, but was stopped ‘If you truly love me, you’ll do this for me. It’s what I need right now’ what else could he do, but agree. ‘Okay I will, just promise me you’ll be safe’ Minho surrendered. ‘Don’t worry about me, I’ll be fine’ Krystal calmly responded with her signature smile.

***

After Krystal had packed her valuables, she approached the door to leave. ‘Krystal, I’ll be waiting for you’ Minho called out.

 

‘Don’t wait for me, I can’t promise you I’ll return, forget about me and live a happy life.’

‘My life wouldn’t be happy without you.’