Final Chapter: Everytime We Touch~

Everytime We Touch~
Please log in to read the full chapter

It's been five months since I was released from the hospital.

 

 

And five months since I last saw you.

 

 

I wandered aimlessly down the empty streets. The golden and red autumn leaves swirled in the gentle zephyrs and collected at my feet. The leaves crackled and trampled underneath my feet with each step I took.

Winter will be here soon any moment...

 

A little high-pitched chattering caught my attention and my head snapped up to look at a little red squirrel with a majestic bushy tail scamper up a tree with an acorn in its mouth before settling onto a branch.

I chuckled slightly as the squirrel's puffed-up cheeks reminded me of Henry the last time he stuffed his cheeks full with food on one of Super Junior-M's TV variety shows.

I walked on till I came to the pond. Sitting down on the bench, I picked up a handful of medium-sized pebbles and tossed them one by one into the pond, startling the ducks who gave me angry quacks before swimming off to the other side of the pond.

 

" Siwon-ah? "

 

I jumped at that voice and turned around to find you standing behind me with a soft and sad, yet hopeful, glimmer in your dazzling eyes.

 

" Wh--what do you want? ", I asked as I looked away from you.

 

" Siwon-ah, I'm sorry... I--I didn't mean to leave you like that. I--I guess I'm in the wrong, because... I dunno, I wanted to pursue acting so much I forgot to consider about you. ", you said softly.

 

I leaned against a nearby tree and turned to look at you. You were still looking at me and that was when I noticed your red eyes for the first time.

My heart couldn't help but feel concern for you at seeing your eyes like that. They looked so sad and exhausted instead of lively and sparkling.

 

" What happened to your eyes? ", I asked softly.

 

Your body froze for a split second before you rubbed your eyes a little and sniffed lightly.

 

" I...I cried...a lot. ", you whispered.

 

As you spoke and rubbed your eyes, I noticed the sleeve of your jacket and your sweater's sleeve drop from your wrist a little to expose something long, angry and red underneath it.

My eyes widened in shock as I realized that it was a scar. Not just any scar though; it was a cut and from the looks of it, it was made by a knife or a sharp glass shard.

I grabbed your wrist and you squeaked in surprise. I pushed your sleeves down to your elbow and looked at your cut. It was long and ugly, extending from your wrist to the middle of your arm.

 

" Kibum-ah... Did you do this? ", I asked gently.

 

You avoided my gaze for a moment before nodding slowly with your head bowed low. I could see your shoulders shake as you tried to stifle your sniffs and countless tears dripped from your face.

Please log in to read the full chapter