“Can I just… sink into a hole in the ground?”

Of girls, boys and complications!

 

Elham walked the streets of Seoul with a coffee in her hands, mind wandering back to the previous night. Somewhere in between Mai, Angela and Lynne disappearing off to god knows where and Evie, Mimie and Tati all dispersed up in their own guys, Elham had been the one left sitting by their table alone, watching their purses and making sure every one of them were fine. She didn’t mind really, she enjoyed the feeling of responsibility and she didn’t really feel like flirting or dancing tonight, so she’d kept sipping her non alcoholic drink and laughing at how Mimie and Tatiana were knifing for the new guys attention, him obviously enjoying it more than both the girls. Of course, it had stung her heart a bit, watching Evie and Geun Suk dancing and flirting… after all, he was her first love, that summer long ago. But Evie had looked so happy and more carefree than Elham had seen her in such a long time, so she didn’t have the heart to tell her about it. After all, her and Jang Geun Suk were old news, especially after he showed no sign of even recognising her.

Elham scoffed at the memory and finished her coffee, throwing it in a bin. She startled as she felt a hand on her shoulder just as she dropped the can, and in her surprise she stumbled backwards. She felt someone grip her wrist and found herself staring into a pair of big, dark eyes. Damn, what a moment! Shaking her head slightly Elham blinked and cleared slightly, making him – whoever he was – snap out of it as well and bring her back up to stand on her own two feet. An awkward silence rose, followed by a small laugh by the boy. Elham looked at him questioningly and felt the heat rise in her cheeks. “T- Taec?” The tall boy shot her a bright smile. “The one and only! Not really the classy introduction I had planned, but I guess a knight in shining armour works as well! How are you Elham?” Elham stared in shock at her old childhood friend. Since when did he grow up to be this… handsome?

“Oh for gods sake guys, give it a rest already!” Jung Min was standing behind Mai, eyes locked at the three guys in front of him and a stern look plastered on his face. Mai on the other hand was trying her very best not to look as much out of place as she was feeling, in the middle of the heated war between brothers. “But Hyung, she was running out on you! I mean, one thing is Jung Min actually getting a girl home to the apartment, that’s big enough in itself, but… she actually tried to run off without anyone noticing! This is too precious a moment; even you have to understand that!” the youngest one, Hyung Jun seemed to be his name, exclaimed in tremendous joy. He looked as though he’d just had 100 Christmases all at once. Mai was getting sick of this repeated argument of his, and she’d noticed it left Jung Min flustered, which really just pissed her off. She raised her eyebrows and gave him her most fierce look. “I told you already, I was getting coffee! Now, if the three of you don’t shut your invalid arguments in your mouth and march out of here getting me a cappuccino, I swear there will be absolutely no breakfast for you all today. Now go!” She could feel all their eyes on her and to avoid showing them how red her cheeks were from embarrassment and anger she turned briskly and started preparing breakfast. Cooking had always been a way for her to relieve stress. She just hoped it would work this time. Without turning she could hear the guys silently leave the room and heaved a sigh, leaning her hands on the counter in front of her. “Oh god… I really should just start getting drunk when I go out, at least that way I won’t remember anything.” Mumbling to herself, and bringing a cold hand towards her forehead, Mai closed her eyes content at the final moment of peace. “Don’t do anything stupid while we’re out! Jung Min, that one counts for your girl too!” Mai froze. Wait… he couldn’t be serious. She turned around slowly and her eyes widened in horrid shock, as her worst fear came true. “So… you try to run out on me.” Jung Min smirked, “Followed by a wish to forget everything. Tell me, Mai! How should I take that?”

“Shut it.” Evie and Mimie had tried their best to contain their amusement when Shadira entered the living room, but after running straight to the bathroom and reappearing five minutes later they couldn’t help but giggle. “I’m sorry, Shads! You want some coffee?” At the mention of coffee, Shadira’s face turned pale again and she turned in her steps, running back into the bathroom. “I guess not…” Evie sighed, getting up to bring the older girl some water and painkillers.

Safely back in her own room Shadi groaned and turned in bed. She felt horrible, and she couldn’t for the life of her remember how she’d gotten home the previous night. “Shadi?” Evie had entered the room with a cup of sparkling water and some painkillers which Shadira greedily swallowed to get some peace. She felt herself slipping into blissful darkness again, but she fought it and turned to Evie. “How… How did I get here last night?” Evie shifted slightly on the bed. “Some guy helped me, he said he knew you from earlier so I figured it must be ok, but I can’t remember his name…” Evie stopped abruptly as she noticed Shadi had already fallen asleep, a slight content smile lining her beautiful features. “Sweet dreams Shads… You deserve it.”

            “Jungie-ah! Jungie-ah, I’m going to Seoul!” The Shadira from two years back was grinning from one ear to the other. “Yunho already asked me to go with him, isn’t it wonderful?”  Jung Myung winced at the mention of his brother, but he glued on a bright smile before turning to face her. The sparkling eyes that greeted him were round and Shadira’s face shone from happiness. “I already told you, I said he would didn’t I? You should listen to me more!” She giggled. “Yah! You also said he was bad news remember? See how wrong you were there?” Jung Myung could feel his smile fade and quietly turned back to his work so she wouldn’t notice. His brother was bad news. He knew he was, but he couldn’t simply tell her. Things were too complicated for that by now. He heaved a heavy sigh. “Hey…” Shadira’s smile faded as she worried about him. “You’ll be ok right? Without him here to keep you supported?” “Me? Of course, I’ll be fine! Nah, don’t worry about me, just think about yourself and be careful ok? Seoul is a big city!” he warned her. Shadira grinned and held up her pinkie to him. He smirked a bit and hooked his around it, sealing a silent vow to himself at the same time. “I’ll make it right. Whatever he does, I’ll make it ok again!”

            Shadira woke with a start. Looking outside she could tell it was already dark. She must have slept the entire day! Laying back down she thought back to her dream and stared at her pinkie. Why would she dream about him now? About that moment..?