The Game [One Shot]

The Game [One Shot]

It was another day after the last class when Suzy walked to the ice cream store near the campus. It was also another day when she found Myungsoo at the store already, sitting idly at the corner of the store. She would automatically come to him, sitting for a while there, bought ice creams for two and finally walked together to their neighborhood. It was always been like that for the past one year and both of them keep it as habit. They didn’t have to meet everyday, but somehow whenever Suzy went to the store, Myungsoo would be just there.

Suzy found it hard to speak with Myungsoo at first. Myungsoo is weird, that was most of common comment about him that Suzy heard. Suzy thought maybe that was because Myungsoo hang out too much with Sungjeong, the guy who has a pretty face from the art major. But Suzy learnt that Myungsoo was not weird just like what her friends said. He just likes to keep things for him only, alienated from others. The first three times they walked together, it was Suzy who speaks the most. Myungsoo would be only listening to Suzy who amazingly has no limit of talking. She could talk about everything, everything you want to know or not. Sometimes Suzy thinks, what made them friend since both of them share no similarity in common.

Bae Suzy was a cheerful person; she loves to laugh and joke whenever she could. She’s best friend to Min, who’s titled as gag-girl in their campus. When both of them hang around, they would joking and laugh all along with their friends. Even the senior like Wooyong sunbae and Chansung sunbae enjoyed their joke. Unlike Suzy, Myungsoo was more a stiff person. He was known to have a weird sense of humor. When people laughed over a funny story he would be just listened and watched them laugh. But when people didn’t laugh, Myungsoo would just laugh happily on that joke. Really, he has such a weird sense of joke. But later on, this was the reason how Myungsoo met Suzy.

As freshmen, both of them have to take a social class. The class required everyone to show their talent and Suzy chose to show her skill on telling funny story. The sad part was no one laughed on her jokes. It was Myungsoo the only one who laugh for that and Suzy awkwardly joined him laughing. That was how Myungsoo and Suzy started their friendship. But as we all know it, there was no friendship between girl and boy. And that’s happening to Suzy. She fell for Myungsoo.

The more Suzy knew him, the more she fell for him. For Suzy, Myungsoo was a nice person to talk to and to spend the time with. Somehow, she didn’t want to miss any chance not going back home with him. Even though Myungsoo was known to be a weird guy, lots of girls in their campus fell for him. Myungsoo never responded to those confessions though. “Nodding Myungsoo” was his nickname given for his nodding habit when he got a confession. Myungsoo would only nod, said thank you, and left. Although it seemed cold, but somehow girls were getting more curious about Myungsoo and the thought of the girl that might stole Myungsoo’s heart.

And before the long summer separate them (Myungsoo will be in Japan with his family during summer), Suzy wanted to take a chance to confess to Myungsoo. Yeah that was crazy, she thought, but Suzy just wanted to know whether Myungsoo has the same feeling with her or if he only sees her as friend. It was also the result of her discussion with Min. Suzy knew she should not listened to Min; as what lies in her mind was only about jokes and the latest gag, but somehow Suzy just wanted to confess and she chose the last day of spring to do it.

“Myungsoo, do you want to hear interesting fact?” she asked as they passed the intersection.

“Wat?” Myungsoo replied while having the ice cream.

“If you mouthing the word colorful, it will be the same like when you mouthing I love you” Suzy said as she smiled wide. Myungsoo rolled his eyes, thinking about what Suzy said.

“Try it. You won’t get it if you just imagining it…” Suzy playfully punched Myungsoo arm.

Myungsoo tried several times saying colorful and I love you in return. He laughed when he did that. His eyes were lost in sight when he smiled; Suzy’s favorite. “Ya, it’s right. Whoa… Daebak…” He kept repeating it several times and laughed again.

“Guess what I said” Suzy told him. Suzy mouthing at Myungsoo, he stood there, frowning and thinking at what Suzy might say.

“Erm… colorful?” Myungsoo guessed.

“Wrong answer. It’s I love you” Suzy said while winked her eyes. Myungsoo scratched the back of his head. She smiled wide at the thought of saying I love you casually to Myungsoo without him realizing.

“That’s not fair. Even if I guessed it right, you might change the answer. Not fun” Myungsoo said as he continued walking, protesting Suzy.

“Such a crybaby. Don’t whine… Let’s try again!”

Suzy mouthing again and Myungsoo, once again, frowned when he tried to guess what Suzy said.

“I love you”

Suzy shook her head. “It’s colorful hahaha.. yeayyy!”

“Ah, just do whatever you want. I forever couldn’t answer it” he said again.

Suzy pouted at moody Myungsoo. “Tsk, this is why you’re such a boring person. This is what we called game, Stupid..”

“I never agree to play this game” Myungsoo retorted.

“Just guess this one more time” Suzy pleaded and Myungsoo sighed.

Suzy mouthing colorful.

“I love you” Myungsoo said while looking at Suzy.

She pouted and shook her head again. “You have no luck in this game, Myungsoo. I said colorful hahahaha”

“But it looks like I love you to me and I love you too, Suzy” Myungsoo said as he looked at Suzy in the eye. Suzy gulped and left her jaw dropped. She didn’t expect this to happen. Myungsoo moved closer to Suzy and took her hand. “Let’s stop playing” he said while winked and walked together with her.

Myungsoo secretly smiled, he already knew she would do this. Earlier last week when he saw Suzy near his class, he accidentally eavesdropped what Suzy and Min had been talking about this idea. Myungsoo clearly listen to their plan and even heard Suzy practicing her lines with Min. He had been waiting for it and couldn’t hide his excitement when Suzy finally did it. It was following all Suzy’s plan; he just changed the ending of this game.

Suzy, who’s finally came back to reality, didn’t thought that her stupid idea would be resulted like this. She took a glance at Myungsoo who calmly walked with her. She shook her head.

“So…”

“So?”

“Are we… dating?” Suzy shyly asked.

Myungsoo stopped walking and cleared his throat. He still held Suzy’s hand.

“I hope this answer your question”

He leaned to Suzy, moving closer to her while pulled her to him. He slowly touched her waist and gave her a peck at her lips.  It was just a short quick kiss, but he could feel his heart beat faster than ever.  Myungsoo then pulled himself away from Suzy, who’s apparently still out from planet Earth. It’s a bit awkward after the kiss but Myungsoo continued walking with Suzy hand in hand while his right hand scratched the back of his head. His ears were as red as tomatoes, just like Suzy’s cheeks looked like.

It took a while for Suzy to realize that she just did her love confession and it turned out well, compared to what she had imagined. Suzy held Myungsoo’s hand tighter. She was smiling widely.  On the last day of spring, Bae Suzy got her first boyfriend and first kiss. Summer would be lovely to spend now, she thought.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

One shot for myungzy, because... they had been occupied my mind :p

I got inspiration from twitter, but i forgot the resource for "when you mouthing colorful it will be the same like mouthing i love you". if anyone found it, please tell me.. hehe.

I don't know why i keep writing a fic while i have tons of work to do. uh well..

btw, anyone tried do the mouthing? i myself couldn't differentiate it :p