Attention

Attention

 

It’s another day in SHINee’s life. They had schedule together, although not as busy as usual. They start the day off with breakfast together and a little pep talk from Jinki.

“Let’s all do our best today, okay? SHINee, fighting!” Jinki said with a bright smile on his face and the other members couldn’t help but smile too. The leader’s smile is just that contagious.

They attended their first schedule, which was a photo shoot for a magazine. They all did very well, as expected from the shining SHINee. Jonghyun showed his manly charms and playful smirk, Key showcased his model-like features and intense eyes, Taemin as always gleamed with his innocent look, Minho with his charisma and Jinki with his super bright smile.

During their break Jinki came up to Taemin and grasped his hand. Jinki was happily spending his time with Taeminne until the maknae broke apart from his hyung and ran up to Key who just finished talking to Jonghyun.

“Key hyung!” Jinki watched Taemin gave Key a big hug and they wandered off, laughing happily. Jinki just smiled at their dongsaengs’ relationship and went over to talk to Minho.

In the van, during their ride to their next schedule, the radio show, Taemin sat beside Minho. Jinki frowned upon Taemin’s sitting position. Usually he would sit down beside him on the backseat so they could lace their fingers together. But Jinki just shrugged it off and played with his phone.

Jinki was pleased that Taemin sat down beside him during the radio show. Jinki would feel lonely if he didn’t. But Jinki was a bit bothered by the fact that Taemin paid more attention to Jonghyun who was sitting on his other side. But Jinki shrugged it off yet again.

“Hey Taemin, do you want to get some drinks with me?” Jinki asked Taemin after they ended the radio show.

“I’m going to go get ice cream with Key hyung. Maybe next time, okay?” Taemin ran off with Key and Jinki was left alone. He blinked and joined Minho and Jonghyun who was watching some news on TV in the staff room.

They went back to the dorm after that but this time Taemin sat with Jonghyun instead of him. Jinki was bothered by the fact that Taemin wasn’t paying attention to him. But he didn’t let it show. There’s no way the leader could sulk.

Jinki tried his best to talk to Taemin but the maknae always found a reason to avoid him. Helping Key with dinner, going to the bathroom, practicing and perfecting his dance, calling home, taking a shower. Endless excuses came out of Taemin’s mouth and this time Jinki felt lonely. Taemin wasn’t giving him any attention. In the end Jinki gave up and let Taemin do whatever he wanted.

Dinner was just awkward. Jinki was unbelievably quiet even though the rest of the members were creating a ruckus. Jinki quickly finished his dinner and excused himself.

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” Minho asked. Jinki only smiled, nodded and brought his plates to the sink. He silently went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and went inside his room.

He kept thinking about what he did to possibly upset Taemin, but he couldn’t think of anything. He changed into his pajamas and slipped under the warm cover of his blanket. He was sulking. He didn’t care anymore.

“Hyung?” The door of his room creaked open and Taemin entered, closing the door behind him. He was already in his fluffy pajamas, ready for bed as well.

“Hm.” Jinki mumbled a reply.

“What’s up?” Taemin sat on the edge of Onew’s bed.

“Nothing, just tired. Are you guys finished with dinner already?” Jinki gave a tired smile at Taemin and the dancer just frowned.

“No, they’re having chocolate cake. I skipped it so I could check up on you.” Taemin grinned.

“Woah, you never skip dessert. You better get back in the kitchen before they eat it up.” Taemin shook his head and nudged Jinki aside, asking him to make room for him. Taemin slipped in and lay down beside Jinki. They exchanged no words. They just listened to each other’s breaths.

“Why did you stop calling me and asking me to do things with you, hyung?” Taemin quietly asked.

“What are you talking about?” Jinki was genuinely confused. Taemin sighed and pulled the blanket up to his chin.

“Well you kept bugging me and asking me to sit down and chat but then you just stopped doing it.” Jinki could hear the pout in Taemin’s voice.

“I stopped because it seemed like you didn’t want to be bothered.” Jinki said a matter-of-factly.

“I just want hyung to pay more attention to me. So I guess if I ignore you, you’ll coax me to talk to you or something…” Taemin peeked to see Jinki’s reaction but then he covered his eyes with the blanket. Jinki just stared at the lump beside him.

“Silly.” Jinki broke into a smile and hugged the maknae.

“If you answered me from the beginning I would pay more attention to you. Next time you want attention just tell me and I’ll give all my attention to you.” Taemin popped his head out to be met by a smiling Jinki.

“Really?” Jinki nodded and hugged Taemin even tighter. Taemin his side and hugged his hyung back.

“Hyung, I want some attention.” Taemin looked up at Jinki and cheekily grinned. Jinki pinched Taemin’s nose and kissed his forehead.

“You’ll have to settle with that. That’s for ignoring me all day!” Taemin just chuckled and buried his head in Jinki’s chest.

Whatever, he’s happy with only a little hug too as long as it’s from his Jinki hyung.


A/N: Okay people~ I know it's short but yeah C: heheh, fluffy Ontae!

Comments would be loved <3

I'll be back soon!