I'm Sorry

Mixed Feelings

 

Heechul came bursting through the door crying. I’ve never seen him acting like this and it hurts. But I know I have to go. He grabbed on to me; not letting go.

            “Let go Heechul.” I said as calmly as I could, trying to pry him off me but only he held on to my arm tighter.

            “No. Please, I’m sorry Geng. I really am.” He cried. I shook my head, careful not to let any tears be visible from my face.

‘Be strong Hangeng! Don’t fall for it now!’

I thought to myself. I tried to shake him off again but he wouldn’t budge.

            “Please Geng, I’m sorry. Please don’t go. I love you!” Heechul tried again. This time he was on his knees still holding on to me as if he was falling down a cliff. I shook my head again.

            “You’re lying. Please Heechul, just let me go.” I pleaded and he shook his head vigorously.

            “N-no! Please… D-don’t! I-I need you!” Heechul begged. His voice shaking from the continuous sobs he was making. Before this whole thing happened, we were fine, like a normal couple would be. But then Heechul did something that I got disappointed on. And all of it only started last week…

 

***FLASHBACK***

We were at a party for our friend's birthday. There were a lot of drinks and alcohol so a lot of them were drunk including Heechul.

            "Chullie, come on let's go." I told him. I also drank beer but not as much since we had to drive back home.

            "No! I want to party!" he said to me grabbing more drinks. He was about to fall but I managed to catch him.

            "Chullie, let's go home. You're already drunk." I tried to say but he sook his head vigorously and took my hand off his arm.

            "I'm not drunk! Hmph! " He yelled and with that he went up to the dance floor.

            "Chullie!" I yelled after him but he already disappeared in the dance floor. I sighed and went searching for him. But it wasn't a good idea. I saw Heechul kissing another man while dancing. I rushed to him and pulled him to me.

            "Hey! L-let go of m-me!" He stuttered; obviously drunken by the previous drinks. I held onto him tighter yet he pushed me off. I fell on the ground and stared up at him. I saw him going off with the other guy. Tears threatened to fall but I knew I needed to be strong.

'He's drunk that's why. He doesn't know what he's doing.'

I thought that over and over in my head thinking I was right. Maybe I was, maybe I wasn't. I wasn't sure anymore.

            "Who was that Heechul?" The guy asked him and Heechul stayed silent. Th guy kissed Heechul and to my own surprise Heechul responded. I don't know why I was still there. They broke the kiss and the guy asked something to Heechul. I stood there shocked from what I heard.

            "Heechul, do you wanna get back together with me?" the guy asked. I looked to Heechul and prayed he wouldn't say yes. He didn't, but he grabbed the guys face and right then I knew he wasn't mine anymore. I grabbed my jacket from the table and headed to my car.

I was frustrated. I didn't know what to do so I went in my car and drove home. I was crying and crying while driving. I saw the traffic light go to green and my car started to move then the next thing I knew, a car slammed at the side of my car, sending my car flipping on the road. Blue and red lights surrounded me, loud sirens filled my ears and the last thing I saw was the paramedics taking me in.

I woke up at the sound of crying. I tried to open my eyes but my body wouldn't allow me. I was in deep pain like thousands of shards stabbed my body. I listened for noises but all I heard was the door closing. I don't know where I am or why I couldn't open my eyes but I suddenly remembered everything that had happen that night. Heechul, that guy, green light, sirens and then I knew, I got into a car accident.

I tried to open my eyes again and it did. I immediately closed my eyes back together at the sudden brightness. Slowly, I opened them again; adjusting to brightness the room radiated. I looked around and saw the whole room being white and I knew I was in a hospital. The door suddenly opened and I looked to see who it was. It was Heechul. I didn't want to see him. Not now, not today, not tomorrow, not when I'm not ready and not right after what he'd done. I quickly closed my eyes and pretended to sleep.

I heard cries for the first few minutes but I didn't dare open my eyes. I can't see him yet, I don't want to see him yet. I let myself listened to his cries, my tears also threatening to fall then suddenly, he spoke up.

            "G-geng... W-wake up p-please... I n-need you. So, s-so b-bad." he cried; his voice filled with worry and guilt. His voice raspy and cracked a sign that he had cried.

            "W-wake u-up Geng. I-I promise I-I'll t-take care of you. Y-you've been sleeping f-for a week now, y-you lazy m-man." He tried to laugh but soon cried aloud. Suddenly, the door opened with a slam which caused me to flinch. I peeked through my eyelashes to find my brother crying. Henry walked up to Heechul and yelled at him to get out. I saw Heechul stand up and left the room; leaving Henry and I alone. I slowly opened my eyes to see Henry fully.

            "Hyung! I'm so glad you're awake. How are you feeling?" Henry asked and I tried to sit up. Seeing that I couldn't Henry helped me up.

            "You okay hyung?" He asked worriedly.

            "I'm fine. Just lots and lots of pain." I said softly and he nodded. Silence took over the room for a while until Henry spoke up.

"I heard about what happen with you and Heechul hyung." he spoke carefully and I looked at him. Before I could ask how, he already answered me.

            "Leeteuk hyung saw Heechul hyung with his ex and you." he said looking away and I nodded.

'Ahh, his ex. That explains it.'

            "So what are you going to do hyung?" Henry asked. I hadn't thought about that really. I just thought that I needed to get away from them at that night. Maybe that's what I need. To get away from all this for a while... until I'm ready.

            "I... I think... I'm planning on taking a break. From everything. Just to get away from all this drama." I said looking out the window. Looking back, I saw Henry nodding slowly.

            "To where hyung?" He asked once again and I smiled softly.

            "China." I said and he nodded. He got up and hugged me.

            "I'll miss you hyung. Zhou Mi and I will wait till you're all good. Bring me a souvineer from China kay? Zhou Mi and I would love that." he said smiling and I smiled back at him, nodding.

A week after my talk with Henry, I got released from the hospital. I hadn't seen Heechul for a while because Henry and Zhou Mi had been keeping them off; which probably was the best for me for now. Zhou Mi drove me back to my house to get my things for my leave to China. I wasn't expecting Heechul to be home because Henry said that he was staying in his own house. I went up to my room and started packing and by the time I was done I heard the front door open. I thought it was Zhou Mi but then I saw his face. It was Heechul and here we are now.

**End of Flashback**

 

Heechul came bursting through the door crying. I’ve never seen him acting like this and it hurts. But I know I have to go. He grabbed on to me; not letting go.

            “Let go Heechul.” I said as calmly as I could, trying to pry him off me but only he held on to my arm tighter.

            “No. Please, I’m sorry Geng. I really am.” He cried. I shook my head, careful not to let any tears be visible from my face.

‘Be strong Hangeng! Don’t fall for it now!’

I thought to myself. I tried to shake him off again but he wouldn’t budge.

            “Please Geng, I’m sorry. Please don’t go. I love you!” Heechul tried again. This time he was on his knees still holding on to me as if he was falling down a cliff. I shook my head again.

            “You’re lying. Please Heechul, just let me go.” I pleaded and he shook his head vigorously.

            “N-no! Please… D-don’t! I-I need you!” Heechul begged. His voice shaking from the continuous sobs he was making.

            "Let me go Heechul. I'll be back in a month and then we'll settle this. I just need some time." I said softly. Heechul looked up to me and nodded slowly. I started to leave through the door when Heechul called me.

            "Geng, I love you and I don't expect you to love me back but as long as you come back here, I'll be okay. Just come back to Seoul okay? Promise me just that." He said and I nodded. I headed to Zhou Mi's car dragging my luggage. I entered to car and looked out the window seeing Heechul standing there waving goodbye, his tears falling like waterfalls.

We reached the airport and Zhou Mi helped me out. I turned to him before boarding the plane.

            "Stay safe 'kay Zhou Mi? Don't make Henry cry or else I'll come hunt you down." I joked but half meant it. He chuckled and nodded.

            "I won't hyung. I won't." He said before seeing me off. I boarded the plane and the plane landed to China. I stepped out of the plane and started my vacation.

'I'll be back Heechul. Just wait for me. I promise I'll come back.'