(one-shot)

I am SunMi (one-shot)
Hope. What is a hope? Everyone has a hope. So do I. Hi, I am SunMi. I was born on 2nd may 1992 in Jeonglado Province. I am a Korean. Since I was a little girl, I have been hoping to be a singer. In fact, I have been dreaming to be the world’s best singer.
 
            When I told my mother that I wanted to be a singer. She was mad at me. She said that a singer does not have any future. I was hurt by her words. I thought she would support me. My mother wants me to be a doctor. She has a big hope on me. I knew it because I am the eldest child in the family. However, I had never let go of my dream.
 
            One day, I saw an advertisement of JYP’s Audition. JYP is one of the biggest entertainment companies in Korea. I decided to take part in the audition without telling my mother. Luckily, I managed to pass the audition and was invited to Seoul for a training. I was very happy but at the same time, worried. Would my mother let me?
 
            After some encouragement from my friends, I told my parents about the offer. We had talked from heart to heart. They gave their permission and bless with one condition, I should never abandon y studies. I promised them to take care of myself and I would never neglect my studies and entered university.
 
`           Then, I moved to Seoul all alone by myself. The company provided a room for its trainers. Each room for two people. I shared with SunYe. She was older than me, so I called her Unni. that was how I started my life as a trainer to prepare for a debut. I had found some new friends like SoHee, YeEun, HyunAh, YooBin, HyeLim, WooYoung and Nichkhun. We lived together like a family. Although I missed my family dearly, but I had vowed to fulfill my dreams to be a singer.
 
            The training period lasted for two years. It was tough but I managed to endured it. One day, the staff company called SunYe, SoHee, YooBin, YeEun and me to see the CEO of the company. It was decided that we were going to debut as a girl group, the Wonder Girls. We were so happy that we cried together. I told my family, they were happy for me.
 
            It was two months before debut that I received the news that shocked me. My father had died because of illness. I was very sad because I had not been there for him. I almost gave up on my dream but my mother consoled me. She said my father would be happier than anyone else if I managed to achieve my dreams. Later, my mother married another man.
           
            I would never forget that day, 10th February 2007. After working hard for years, we finally made our first performance. We sang and danced whole heartedly. We were very grateful as we gained a lot of popularity through our second single, ‘Tell Me’. My school’s life went on as usual. I still kept my promise to enter university, to fulfill my mother’s hope.
 
            It was not easy to be a student and also a wide-known public figure at the same time. There were things that I could never do. I could not participate in class trips as I was busy with tight schedules. I had to go to various music stations to perform or record some variety shows. Later at night, we had to practice our dance steps. Usually we headed back home at 4 a.m. to grab some sleep.
 
            Our ‘Nobody’ single really become a huge phenomenon not only in Korea, but also other countries. We had been offered to debut at United States. It was such a big opportunity for us. However, something struck me. I had to drop out of my school to move in New York. I was in dilemma. I promised my mother and my late father to never abandon my studies. There was one year left before I graduated from high school. I could not let the other members lose their opportunities to be an international wide-known singer. After some discussion, I decided to postpone my career to pursue my studies. I decided to fulfill my mother’s hopes before mine.
 
            Here I am, telling you my story. If you were me, would you do the same thing?
 
 
 
------------------------------------------------------------
 
this is fictional! not related to anyone.. 
 i wrote this a week after sunmi announced her leaving.