And that's how I remember you.

I still love you

(Play this music if you feel like it)

 

 

“How I met her? Well, there’s a lot in there. I am only 25 years old, and I feel like she and I have history of old people. Well, I’ll try to explain. I met the most predictable, ordinary, simple girl in the world, but the same time, the most beautiful and pure hearted in the world. It all started, when I first entered in an ordinary high school; because I am rich, people always try to be my friend, so they can joy my fortune too. So, because of that I decided to go to a high school, here no one knew me.  For me, it was the smartest idea ever. Why? I got to meet her. Must admit, not only her but everyone I made friends with. The first day of school went pretty well, I got to clubs, I laughed, and people were nice to me. But none of them suspected I was completely rich, where was she? That’s funny, I don’t remind either. I didn’t even know she was in my class. In little time, I became popular, but because of my intelligence and my looks, not going to lie, I liked that. I was popular because of me, and not because of my father. But that’s not what we’re talking here right? How I was saying, I got popular, girls were always following me and giving me lunch, I only smiled to them. I got some 10 confections, but none of them were, well special. One day, after football practice, I remember I had left my phone in the classroom, so I told my friends that they could go in front, I would just pick my phone. When I got there, someone was singing, I didn’t open the door, I simply heard it. What a beautiful voice, so sweet, so soft. Who was she? I kept asking that to myself, so when she finally stopped singing, I opened the door and found a pretty normal girl, with long black hair and a wavy one, smaller than me, and with the cutest face in the world. Of course I felt in love in a second. She stood there, next to the window, looking at me, with a pretty smile.

“I am sorry; I thought no one was here”

“Please don’t say sorry, you’re voice just….” I couldn’t talk, my heart was beating fast, for the first time.

“Horrible, right?”

“No, not really” I smiled gently. “Most beautiful voice I ever got to hear in my whole life.”

After that? We had a talk, and I went to take her home. I could tell she had fallen for me, not in love like I was for her, but she was interested. My heart screamed joy. And after that we became nice friends. That’s when the problems began.  I could tell we were falling in love with each other, day by day and I could tell, this wouldn’t be only a friendship relationship. I wanted to make her mine you know? Only mine, my girl. But for that, I had to tell her about my fortune. And that would be a disaster, because If I told her, I had to tell her that my parents only wanted for me to marry a rich girl, what would probably break her heart, and she would do that type of dramas “I want you to be happy, so I will let you go.” And I didn’t want for her to let me go, for the contrary; I needed her to be happy. In a Friday night, while we’re hanging out in the beach, I held her hand and told her the exact same words: “What you’re going to hear is not easy, but you have to promise you won’t leave me”. She only said okay and she heard me. She heard everything, how my dad used to hit me when I was little and how I got some bruises on my body because of that; how I hated him; how he stopped because my mother said she would take me and never see him again; how she wanted for me to marry a rich girl, so I could have always money and never have a misery life; and how I was completely in love with her. She listened to all and in the end, she smiled to me, held me close to her body, cleaned my tears and made me calm down.

“It’s okay, you know what? My mother, she had cancer and died last year, my dad since that gets drunk every night and goes to his room so he can cry without me seeing. He never hit me, and I know he would never do that to me. I love him, and he loves me. Now getting to the point; your mom loves you, and she wants the best for you, that’s why she wants for you to marry a rich girl, but I have to be honest with you. I don’t like that idea, because since the day you came to this school I felt in love with you, since the day you talked to me I imagined myself getting to be your friend, and who knows afterwards your girlfriend. And, after you confessed me all this, I must admit I see you as my future husband.”

Must say my heart melted hearing her, and after that I looked at her, she was looking to the sunset with the most beautiful grace I’ve ever seen in my life. I knew she had to be mine. So that’s when I got to the problems. Mom arranged her so many tests, if she could be faithful, if she wouldn’t betray me, of if she wouldn’t still money. And how I was expecting she passed all! Always coming with a smile and a kiss on the end of the day. After a while, college ended, and mom finally accepted our marriage. What a beautiful day you know? She had the most perfect dress in the world; it made her body look more flawless. And her face and hair, well they were perfect like always. I remember perfectly how she entered the church with her wicked smile and how she walked towards me, well, wasn’t that the longest walk I’ve ever seen.

Well, there was a party, and a big one, with a lot of people but that wasn’t the main idea, the idea, was that we were married! She was mine and that was it! After that day we spent a week on the room, I am not telling you doing what kiddo, but I must say it was awesome! And with time, we got used living with each other, and going to work knowing a beautiful angel will be waiting for you? That made everything a lot easier. One day, well I came home and she was in the floor…” I sighed remembering the scene. The blood the hospital, the tears and the screaming, it was hard to remember it. “That’s when she went to the sky”

“Appa do you miss her?” my daughter looked at me with her little eyes, she was already 6 years, 6 years since Ailee death.

“I miss her every day my sweet heart.” I picked her up “But you know what? She always looking for you, and for me, right up there” I pointed to the sky, and she followed my finger looking up in the sky.

“I wish I had met her..” she whispered.

“I wish you had too.” I kissed her on her forehead “But one day, look in the mirror carefully; the reflection it shows; It will look just like her, that I am sure” I smiled and saw my beautiful daughter blushing a bit and smiling happily. I miss you Ailee. I still love you. Take good care of us.