Life As It Is

When the Five Stars Reunite [Short Term Happiness? Or Maybe Not]

A/N: 'They' refers to JYJ unless specified. No hate intended, just how this story goes. AND! the story is also in present tense unless specified.

Eun Jung's POV

"How are they?" Yunho asked as I entered the dorm.

"Well hello to you too!" I joked, "They're doing well, don't worry oppa," I smiled

I could see genuine happiness in his eyes for a breif moment before it returned to the dead-looking eyes that no fan would notice.

"Don't be rude to your brother," he whispered monotonously.

He'd always been particular with formalites, especially when they left. I used to be able to call him 'Yunnie' or just 'Yunho' in the past, but clearly he wanted to be the oldest in the dorm now and even so, I'm not used to it. Having to stay with him almost my whole life, all the rules that has been sprouting from nowhere is a bit foreign. Even Changmin agrees. Call both of us insensitve, but Changmin and I rarely dare comfort Yunho. Most of our words would just make him go into a total rampage. Thus, the only person who could talk to him was Jongjin, TVXQ's and JYJ's pillar of hope.

Not that I was useless, I was the so-called spy for both groups, looking out for both parties. Jaejoong unofficially named me DB5K's guardian angel. 

Anyway, Jongjin would sacrifice his sleep even though he has to work the next day, to make sure Yunho had a listening ear and a shoulder to cry on. Sure, you'd say it's my responsibility as his sister, but I was never really good with words. Especially Yunho. Yeah, I'm currently in the debate club in my highschool but really, I've never known how to play with those darn words. 

"Eun Jung-ah, you there?" Changmin shook my shoulders quite vigouriously, which snapped me out of my train of thoughts.

"Yeah, of course!" I replied, "OH lookie! Jongjin oppa's almost done with cooking! I better freshen up," I waved and retreated to my room or Junsu's ex-bedroom if you really want to know. Junsu and I have been bestfriends ever since DB5K was formed. The night before they left, Junsu called me to his room, saying that I deserved to sleep in this room for memories' sake and also because Yunho kicks in his sleep. 

I found myself reliving the memories in the bathroom for 15 minutes and I realised the three men would be worried if I don't stop now. (I have a showering and a bathing limit) So I quickly dressed into the first pair of matching pjs that I could find and walked out of my room.

"What took you so long?" Jongjin asked, as I made my way to my seat at the coffee table.

My heart skipped a beat, ehehe, yes, I've had a small crush on him ever since I talked to him and no, I haven't done anything rash to show him my 'love'. I can still think normally, thank you very much. No one, I repeat, no one, knows about this crush thingy except for Junsu. 

"Well, my water heater took it's time again, so I decided to wait," I naturally lied. And they believed me. :P

As we started on our dinner, Yunho asked AGAIN, "How are they?"

"They're doing quite well lately, Junsu oppa just released his album if you still haven't noticed, Yoochun oppa just finished filming Rooftop Prince and Jaejoong oppa's filming Time Slip Dr Jin," I replied. It's not that TVXQ's ignorant or anything, but their schedules and certain people in the company prevented them from the JYJ exposure. 

"They seem happy," Changmin said, as he played around with his ddukbokki.

The impact of the lawsuit hit Changmin hard, harder than Yunho even but he accepted the fact that even though they're not a whole anymore, they're still connected, like a family.

"Talked to them a few days back, Junsu's been a bit unwell," Jongjin confessed. AISH CHINCA. I didn't want to reveal that cos it'll just make Yunho and Changmin worry more. -.-

"Guys, is it okay if we don't talk about this anymore? Please? Yunnie, i'm sick and tired of you looking so miserable. I know you want to meet them, I know you're regrettable for whatever you've said in court. You can't cry over spilt milk Yunho, can you just please drop your ego and talk to them already?" I knew I said the wrong things but I just couldn't stand it anymore.

"Do you actually think it's easy? Hmm? I know they've been gone for what 2-3 years? I don't even remember anymore! I may seem stupid, waiting for them like their dog for them to come home. I don't think you've had friends that lasted this long now do you? So just shut that mouth of yours." Yunho slammed the coffee table.

"Excuse me while I go study for a test," I muttered and ran to my room, as tears started flowing down carelessly down my cheeks.

"Eun Jung-" Yunho shouted as I slammed the door shut.

Dinner would always turn out like this, I thought as I threw everything within my reach to the ground. Yeah, I've always been a loner in school. Not to stereotype or anything but I knew most of the people in school wanted to be my friend for popularity. I did actually put in effort to make friends before but they end up saying, "You don't get enough press time, now get out of our lives," I've stopped ever since. Sure I've got loads of celebrity friends, but I want normal friends, not that the former's abnormal but people with a 'normal Korean citizen' as their status.

I screamed and at the same time cutting my hand with a piece of glass. Yunho came bursting in and immediately engulfed me in a familiar hug. A warm brotherly hug that I've been waiting for a long time. I tried squiming away from him but to no avail. I got tired and just sobbed.

"Ssh, dongsaeng-ah, Yunnie's here, I'm sorry for saying all those things just now. I'm here okay?" His voice cracked at the last sentence. 

I nodded, my face still buried in his chest. He's a giant okay!

"Now, let's go get your cut checked by our Doctor Jongjin okay?" Yunho tried lightening up the mood with his warm tone that I missed so badly

He carried me and soon transferred me to Jongjin's arms as Changmin and him were watching close by just in case one of us loses our temper yet again.

"Aigoo Eun Jung-ah! Haven't I been telling you to never throw glass objects when you're angry? Changmin, please help me get the first-aid kit," Jongjin nagged.

Even though I was in a wee bit of pain my stomach started to have butterflies amd my heart squeezed in joy. Changmin came back with the kit filled to the brim with newly added packs of alcohol swabs and some other stuff. Jongjin examined my hand and concluded, "Hmm, thankfully there are no glass shards in the wound and it's not deep enough for stitches, consider yourself lucky young woman," he smiled, "The alcohol is gonna sting but it's just awhile. You can bear with it right?"

I nodded. He carefully poured some alcohol into a dish and added some cotton balls and then moved on to clean my wound. I winced when the soaked cotton ball touched my hand.

"It's okay, you're gonna be fine," Jongjin remarked.

After he cleaned the wound with the last cotton ball, he bandaged my whole hand and said, "All done! Now, you young woman, are going to sleep this instant."

"Thank you oppa," I gently smiled.

Yunho carried me again and I whispered, "Can you sleep with me today? I don't want to be lonely,"

"Anything for my little sister!" He joyfully replied.