I was a dead man walking...

Your Skin On My Skin - Taemin's Story

 

For some reason I just couldn’t sleep.

 

This wasn’t the first time it had ever happened to me. Sometimes I just tossed and turned all night until the alarm clocks started going off in the early morning, sun peaking up over the horizon and me, having not gotten a wink of sleep.

 

I wasn’t sure what caused it. Maybe it was too much coffee or too much going on in my mind. Stress from daily idol stuff and all. Usually it lasted a couple of days and I would collapse on the third night, finally, into a fitful sleep.

 

But this particular time was really bad. It had been five full days of no sleep whatsoever. I was a dead man walking. The coordi noonas looked at me with concern that entire week and the makeup staff had to smear on extra foundation just to make me look like a human. Kibum nagged me to sleep more but I could tell he was concerned. He just didn’t know how to help, no one did.

 

I spent a lot of my down time texting Jiyeon. I hadn’t seen her for nearly a week and a half at that point. Her dance career had started to take off and, combined with my schedules, it was harder and harder for us to meet up. When I did get to speak to her it relaxed me, made me smile. She always made me forget anything that was bothering me.

 

On the sixth day, I had finished my last schedule at roughly eleven at night and we had a day off the next day. I got back to the dorm, mostly lead by my hyungs because my brain was just a pile of mush by then. It was amazing I even remembered where my room was when I made it inside.

 

I only took an hour to shower and put my things away before I packed a book bag and headed for the door. I was at Jiyeon’s by one in the morning, rather proud of myself at being able to navigate there without passing out from pure exhaustion. I opened the door to her apartment with the extra key she had given me, now that she was living on her own.

 

She was already fast asleep when I slid into bed behind her. The sheets felt cool and crisp against my warm skin and I sighed as my lead weight limbs relaxed.

 

“Taemin?” Jiyeon murmured, voice laden with sleep.

“Go back to sleep,” I spoke into her neck and wrapped my arm gently around her slim waist. Her hair was still a bit damp from an earlier shower. The scent of lavender filled my senses and I smiled.

“It’s late,” she turned around in my embrace and I rolled onto my back to accommodate her. Her face pressed into my chest for a moment, breathing in deeply before two large eyes blinked up at me. “What’s wrong?”

“Nothing. I just wanted to sleep next to you tonight.” My lips found hers in the dark and I kissed her slowly, lazily. I pulled away with a sigh, tightened my arms around her. “Go to back to sleep, okay?”

 

In lieu of responding she pressed her body to mine and tangled our legs in the cool sheets, resting her cheek on my chest. I listened to her breathing steady as I relaxed completely against her warm body.

 

I was asleep within minutes.

 

---------------------------------------------

Sorry it's been a bit, huh? I was house sitting and they had to internet jfc why.

Anyway so this is just a random thing that came out of nowhere. Inspired by the fact that I couldn't sleep last night and it was 5 o'clock in the morning when I started it.

Hope you enjoyed it! Feel free to leave comments, concerns, anything! =]