Final

Days in New York

Note: The one's written in Purple are part of Shida's Blog. \\(>_<)// And the ones italicized are spoken in English.
Disclaimer: I don't own the pictures. Credits to those who do; but they're not mine.



_______________________________________________

May 17, 2011 - Tuesday

Lost and still lost.

Right now, after walking for about ten minutes(?) [I’m not sure] Yama-chan said we should stop to get some rest.

I agree, New York is nice, but it’s pretty hot here too, so walking and walking is tiring, ne? But seeing different stores, people with interesting fashion, and many more, it’s nice.


Ano, right now, I think Yama-chan has been recognized. Fans probably?
 
Chotto…

_____________________________________________

 
“You’re blogging?”

I nodded. He smiled. Then he gestured the two girls to walk towards me. I can’t help but notice how they try not to squeal; I knew right away they’re Japanese. “Konnichiwa…” not really sure how to great them [in English or Nihongo], I gambled for the latter.
 
“Kyaaa! Shida-san! So it’s true you’re here too!” The girl said. I can imagine her being a few years younger than us.
 
I smiled and I think it’s nice how these girls politely asked to shake hands with us. Yama-chan seem okay enough talking to girls, but he mostly gestured that I take a bigger role on the conversation. 
 
We tried asking them for directions but it seems that they’re here on vacation too, so they don’t really know much places but that of where they’re staying. “You can always try asking, the people here are friendly and helpful too.” The other girl offered, smiling greatly and then she took out something from her bag. “Gomen… this might be a little… well… but, can you please sign this for me? Both of you?” she shyly handed out her mini-notepad, and indirectly handed Yama-chan and I a really fuzzy pink pen.
 
There was a slight pause, Yama-chan and I were both not sure who goes first, but soon, he took the initiative and started scribbling. “No problem.” He smiled and handed me the notepad.
 
The two girls were giggling while I write, I asked for their names and scribbled something more personal, like a short note for a friend. They’re both nice you see. Partly, I read Yama-chan’s note and it says something like “It’s very fortunate to meet kind people like you two. Thank you for kindness. –Yamada Ryosuke”
 
After apologizing to us about how they can’t really be of help, we bid good-bye, with Yama-chan saying that they should take care too – of course, I can hear them giggle more.

“That’s a bit sad…” He said as we started walking again. “I thought for sure they could help us.” He then fixed his glasses up his nose bridge.
 
“Well, can’t be helped.” I flipped my phone open again.
 
Then he stopped walking and I stopped too. From my phone, I looked up to him with a question mark face. Then he smiled, “May I ask what you’re blogging about?” it was of normal, curious tone; not like he’s mad or anything.
 
“Ah… stuff. I put your picture up too, haha.”
 
He chuckled. “Wow. I feel exposed.”

“Like you haven’t been exposed ever in your entire life. Besides. I don’t think it’s actually getting posted on my blog; I’m not too trusting with the internet connection since we’ve been moving.”

To my surprise, he wasn’t really listening because he beamed and pulled me all of a sudden, like a kid seeing the ice cream truck. “Let’s eat!”
 
“What?” Uh… we’re lost, and then you decide to eat?
 
“Come on.” His grip was little tighter probably than what I would’ve imagined, but oh well, I guess they’re right when they said he’s strong.
Inside the restaurant, I was sweating a little thinking of what kind of service, food, people, everything I am to expect at the place. Then to my horror, an American waiter approached us and gave us a menu. He spoke fluent English, I tried not to look too panicked.

 
"Well then, call me whenever you're ready guys!” He greeted cheerfully and then went back to wherever.
 
Yama-chan quickly browsed over the menu, while I tried looking around – for what? – help, probably. I can pretty much understand English, but that’s when I’m reading things, not conversing!

My companion sits quietly opposite to me and he’s been murmuring something to himself.
 
“Ano… Yama-chan…”

He pulled the menu down to uncover his face, and asked, “Un?” with eyebrows raised and a tight smile. I didn’t really know what to say, then I felt like he read my mind, “Don’t worry… he can pretty much understand us if we just point at the menu.”

 
“So confident…” I commented; it was kind of like a compliment actually, he doesn’t look too clammy like me at the moment.
 
“When we went here for shooting Yoku Asobi, one of the staff brought us here. The food was nice, I loved it.” Then he puts down his menu and pulls down mine as well, so it’s flat on the surface, “If you like meat, I suggest you try their steak. Then how about some mashed potatoes with that too, they look yummy ne?”
 
I must agree, they do. Just looking at the pictures now, I realized I am hungry. It’s almost lunchtime anyway. So I nodded and looked at him, “I’ll have that then. Demo, you make the order.”
 
After what I said, I saw something I haven’t seen much from him; not in school that is, he put a thumbs up and winked, then he raised his hand as if waiting for the teacher to call his name. not sure why but it made me laugh when he nodded at the waiter, calling for him to come forth. “What?” he asked, hearing me trying not to laugh.
 
“Nothing…”
 
“It’s not nothing. You’re lauging at me.”
 
“No I’m not, why would I?” I am, I totally am. You look like some socialite, well, trying-hard-to-be-one-in-a-funny-way that is.
 
Well then, what will it be my dear couple?” Couple? Did I hear that right? That word echoed in my head for a moment.
 
“Ah…. Eh… This…” Yama-chan struggled a little. “S-u-teak… Well done. And… I will… try. This.”
 
Scribbling on his pad, “Right. And would you like some side dishes with that? Corn and carrots, salad, mashed potatoes, pasta…” The waiter waited, I stared, and Yama-chan flipped through the menu.

“Uhm… We want-u… Mash potato… and me… pasta.” he formed something in his hand as the waiter tries to understand.

“Alright then… Drinks? Any drinks for you and the lovely lady?”

 
I heard the “drink” part and I think I understand that, so I said, “Tea… Tea please.”
 
“I-ced Tea… “ Yama-chan added. “O-ran-ju juice.” Right, it’s too hot, I might reconsider a cold drink than a hot one.
 
“Alright then, your food will be served soon, I’ll be right back guys.” The waiter, I’ve learned is named Andrew, smiled at the both of us and we bowed indirectly and casually.
 
When Andrew was gone, I heard Yama-chan sighed. “That wasn’t so bad.” Then he trapped some air inside his mouth so it went a little poofy – a look I’ve seen from him lots of times. “Well, you were great help.” I can hear the sarcasm and that he’s kidding.
To my defense, “I told you to make the order.”

 
“It’s much easier last time; this time I had lost for words.”
 
While waiting, we ended up talking about where we should try going next, and then I learned he actually don’t have a phone with him; just his wallet and that’s it. It’s been about two or three hours since we got separated from our groups, they’re surely worried – but we’re hungry.
 
I took out my phone and told Yama-chan before hand that I’m gonna write on my blog again. After shaking his head a little with a smile, he rested his chin on his hand and watched me type away. I don’t mind.
 
 
___________________________________________
 

Continuing on what I left of earlier…

Now we’re about to eat on this restaurant. We’re trying the steak. Oh! Steak has arrived!
 
Itadakimasu!
 
Wait. I wanted to take a picture, but Yama-chan looks like he likes his dish too much, I just told him i'll take a picture of him and his meal. Haha! I forced him to let me take a picture. haha!
 
 
Turns out, his was like a ham… And pasta… again, itadakimasu!
 
Alright minna. Lunch is over. The steak was good, and the mashed potato too. Maybe I’ll try doing the mash potato by myself, Yama-chan said he tried too and he told me how. \(^_^)/ I am now motivated to make a yummier mashed potato than Yama-chan’s.

Oh. His pasta and ham was good too, he gave some slice for me to try. I guess western cuisine may be a little different, but it’s nice too. It has its own flavour. Well then, we’re off to look for some police or officers to help us get back, now, ja! 
________________________________________

After the meal which Yama-chan forcefully insisted that he pays – and I eventually let him do so, before he gets infuriated – we went walking again. It’s a few degrees hotter I guess, but it’s amazing how he looks like he’s not feeling hot even with his sweats on.

So while walking, I wanted to take pictures, but I noticed that my phone’s almost out of battery. That’s not good.

We spotted a small store with lots of cellphones accessories, well, more like tiny stuffed animals and other blings that you can put on your phone, iPod, bag… the works, and they’re mostly Disney stuff!

I was looking at the Minnie mouse charm; I’ve always like Mickey and Minnie, but since I’m a girl, I settle for Minnie… just because. ^_^ 

 
Honestly, I was ready to buy it when we both thought we saw Chinen pass by. It definitely looked like Chinen-kun so I left my Minnie Mouse charm, followed Yama-chan outside hurriedly only to find that the guy was gone.
 
A little disappointed, we then started walking again; adrenaline rushed over me a little.
 
Then we stopped.
 
“I think we’ve been around here. This is where I saw you.” Yama-chan said, pointing out at the exact spot where we were a few hours ago. 
 
“Yabai… I don’t know where to turn, the street signs aren’t helping either since I don’t have a clue which goes where.” He scratches the back of his head.
 
I looked at my watch. “We’ve been gone too long, I’m sure they’re worried.”
 
He nodded. “Ah! Police!” he ran and I followed him. “Ah… Ex-u-cu-se… me…”
 
Yes, what can I do for you sir?” Mr. Police was kind enough to greet us warmly.
 
“Ano… chotto…” he pulled something, it’s his wallet, and took out what looks like a card-key. Oh! His hotel card key! Quick thinking Yama-chan, I only wish you thought of that earlier!!! “Am… this… I want to go… here.” 
 
Oh you’re looking for your hotel.
 
“Yes! Yes! Hotel…”
 
“Well… It’s not too far.” The police watched our expressions and probably realizing that he has to slow down and simplify things, “This…” he pointed at the hotel’s name on Yama-chan’s card, “Not far. See that?” He pointed to a blue high rise building. “That building, next to that is your hotel.
 
“That?” Yama-chan pointed at the same building. “Okay, okay, ah… sankyuu!”

“No problem! Take care you guys!”
 
While walking, we stop to ask for directions and it seems we’re heading the right way. Also, we’ve been talking about random stuff, things we don’t usually have the chance to talk about – like school life, our normal friends, and even stuff that we want to do here in New York. I must say, it’s nice having a chat once in a while with someone like Yama-chan. See in school, we don’t talk much, he’s usually with Miki, Yuto-kun and Chinen-kun, while I? I’m with Ogho and Umika most of the time; so I can’t really say I know much about him. Especially lately, all of us have been busy with lots of things.
 
Oh well, I’m side tracking here.

Finally after years, we arrived at the hotel – we can pretty much read the hotel’s name, and there was Chinen-kun and Nakayama-san with the other staff.

 
But what surprised me was that some of my co-stars and our staff were there too.

“Omedetou!!!!” Chinen-kun greeted, I can imagine Yama-chan and I having the same face.

“Nani?” Yama-chan asked, with Chinen patting his shoulder, he looks a little irritated.

“Eh, you guys are here too?” I exclaimed, seeing my co-stars, and the staff waving at me with cheerful faces. Funny, they don’t look worried. I felt a little hurt.

“What’s going on here?”

“Shida-san… We still haven’t told you who’s the other leading actor, right?” One of our organizers said.

I had a question mark face. Chinen was beaming. Yama-chan was waiting too.

“Well. You’ll be starring in this drama with non-other than Hey! Say! JUMP’s Yamada Ryosuke!” this time, it was someone from Yama-chan’s staff who continued the statement.

What?” I heard that I AND Yama-chan exclaimed this. After that, the group kind of laughed a little. “What’s going on?” Apparently, they’re not too worried that we both got lost. I wonder what these freaks are up to!?

 
While the group was busy discussing things, Yama-chan moved closer and whispered, “Do you have any idea what’s going on?”
 
“Do I look like I do?”
 
He sighed. “I feel like we’re being pranked.”

I looked at him, “Really? Do pranks get as tough as this?” It’s tough enough for me, nobody said a clue, nobody seem to care we got lost... oh well.

“It’s not a prank.” It was my co-star Aizawa Rina who spoke. She was with me in Hammer Session and apparently, she’s with Yama-chan in Hidarime Tantei EYE too; so we’re both quite acquainted with her. So she smiled, “You guys really are starring in the drama.”

Then Nakayama-san approached us too, with Chinen. “You actually thought we’re filming a PV for new single?” Nakayama-san said, with Yama-chan half-glaring at him. “You’re right Chinen, he does get completely clueless, ne?”

“What? I don’t even understand how the news didn’t get to me.” Yama-chan defended himself.

“Nor did your name ever pop on the production discussions…” I added, referring to him as not being mentioned ever on the drama plans.

“They’ve set it all up.” Chinen said like it's a hardcore fact.

Yama-chan murmured, “A prank.”

“It was. Then again, you two seem to get along very well even behind the camera, it turned out to be a true love-chemistry test than just a prank. By the way, Andrew said your English has improved.” Chinen was saying things matter of fact, while I watched as Yama-chan’s jaw almost dropped.

“You’ve been watching us!?” he exclaimed a little, I felt like saying the same thing but I let him do it.

“Why, have you done stuff you don’t want us to see?” Chinen was looking at him in a different way I can't explain.

“Chinen!” Nakayama-san halted him (maybe they’re used to Chinen saying blunt stuff like this) while Aizawa tried not to laugh.

“I can’t believe we fell for this.” Yama-chan was shaking his head.

“Look on the brighter side, you do have a drama, WITH Shida-chan… and the rest of us.” Chinen, gaining his goofy and not too-teasing personality back, patted Yama-chan’s back.

With his hands on his hips, Yama-chan rolled his eyes and perhaps gave up when he finally asked Chinen what the drama’s about; he is clueless after all.

“It’s about two best friends who leaps through a machine and journeys off to the New York in the past…” I answered but was cut half-way.

“Nope.” Aizawa and Nakayama-san said in unison. I looked at them.

And asked, “What do you mean, no?”

“That wasn’t the real plot.” Chinen continued and Yama-chan was looking at them with disbelief.

“Even Mirai-chan gets to be deceived? What’s this?”

“We told you, it’s like a test for your chemistry.”

“I’m not gonna buy that idea Chii.”

“Then don’t. Why don’t you think you didn’t have to audition then?” with Chinen’s come-back, Yama-chan was hushed.

“You can read the script later, they’ll give it to you.” Nakayama-san interjected.

Soon enough. “Alright, can we have Shida Mirai and Yamada Ryosuke here please!” The guy who looks like the main cast organizer called out our names and we just obliged. Sighs… This is gonna be one interesting yet tiring explaning.

___________________________________

Friday May 20, 2011
 
A weird yet interesting turn of events.
 
Hello Minna! Mirai here.

So, maybe you’ve heard about the news. We’ve done several pres-conferences since yesterday. It turns out, this drama that we’re doing will be aired internationally that’s why we’re here in New York. We have met the voice actors that would be dubbing the film in English once it’s done, they’re really nice and I trust Laura Bailey would do an excellent job voicing me. [haha! It sounds a little weird having someone else’s voice, but then again, it’d be interesting.]

 
We are scheduled to fly back to Japan on Sunday and we’re given the day off today – Aizawa-chan and I will go shopping later. \(^_^)/
 
Well, I’ll blog again. Chotto!

______________________________________________________
 
 
Inside the store, “Oh. You girls are here too?” Chinen greeted, holding about three huge paper-bags; I see he’s been shopping well. Nakayama-san, oh well, Yuma-san, is with him too, holding one paper bag, he greeted too.

“Yep.” I greeted and looked behind them, “Yama-chan’s not with you?”

“Oh he’s outside.” 

“I’ll just have a look around Shida-chan” Aizawa spoke.

“Me too! Yuma, we should find that hat here, they don’t have the color that we wanted on the other stores!” Chinen answered and with that the three were lost in this huge clothing store.

I went outside. It was nice, but I have sweats on just because, they’re comfy. Haha! When I saw Yama-chan, he was looking at people walking by, and I noticed he had his eyes fixed on a puppy being held by its kid-owner. He’s wearing his grey sweater from when we got lost – which was purposely done; I mean, our staff and other co-workers purposely left us so we both get lost at the same time and same place, saying that it’s a test for our chemistry and that if we could take care of each other. It’s all bluff and such, but since they’re not giving us any more meaningful answers, we gave up asking. They’re reasons are bad enough so Yama-chan and I didn’t really squeezed any more info from them; they’re giving us both headaches.

He looked at me when he realized I was there. “Oh. Domo.” He’s holding two small paper bags. “You’re shopping too, as expected.”
I nodded. “One of the things you have to do while in New York, ne?”

He smiled, “It’s been an interesting visit in New York, don’t you think?” he said, definitely talking about the drama and all the other stuff.

“Yeah. Demo, I do still feel like they’ve been too mean.”

“And too informal.”

“Right.”

“But I guess we can’t really expect anything. Some of the producers even the directors and the rest of the staff are too unpredictable.”

“I know… demo, have you read the script?”

He looked up in the sky, “Yep. I think it’s rather short even fore a 24-hr drama don’t you think?”

Nodding, “I think they’re adding certain stuff to it.”

“Oh… right.”

“Whatever works, it’s a challenging role. Think you can cry?” I ; right, when we were chatting while we were lost, I kind of commented him on his performance in Hidarime. I’ve seen the drama, it was awesome. He did great actually, but even though he thanked me for the compliments, I can tell he’s a bit shy talking about it; it’s nice to tease sometimes. Haha!

But then again, maybe I can never be too sure how he’ll react since he chuckled at my question, “Think you can act like you really, really like me?”

This was something new from Yama-chan, then again, you’ll never really know him fully; nobody could. “Prepare to be amazed.”

“It’s a challenge then.” With that he smiled and handed me one of the small paper bags. “...here.”

“What’s this?” I asked, opening it. Inside was that Minnie Mouse charm that I wasn’t able to buy. “Uwaah!”

I heard him chuckle and then he pulled out something from his small paper bag. “I hope you don’t mind that I have a Mickey Mouse charm.” I stared at him a little then quickly, “It doesn’t really have to mean anything! You can deny to people that I gave it to you, it’s okay.”

“Why would I do that?”

“Well… you might be troubled by the rumors…” his voice was fading, he looks smaller and smaller every second – I don’t know why.

“Who cares what they say.” I’m smiling, looking at my Minnie Mouse; I’m just too happy to even think about worries. 

“I just thought it’s a nice remembrance, of that day we both supposedly got lost.” He started again, his voice back to normal, and he laughed a little too.

“I think that’s perfect.” I looked at him and smiled, “The thought’s perfect.”

He smiled back. Then he chuckled as if laughing at his own thought, “You’re not gonna blog about it aren’t you?”

Haha! For once, I forgot about my blog. For that moment, not a trail of thought about blogging it came across my mind; I guess I want the Minnie-Mickey Mouse thing to be blogged inside myself, in my memory; one of the few things I wanna keep away from the world. So I shook my head. He nodded as if there's that silent understanding between us.

“And also, thanks for being a nice company.” With that, I think I was surprised by what I did. Because I moved near him and offered a high-five, nothing too weird, but it’s not something I usually do to people who I’m not too close to –then again, I guess Yama-chan’s not so much of just an ordinary friend/classmate anymore, ne? After about half a second looking at my hand, he met it with his and we both laughed.

“Arigato Yama-chan…”

“Call me Ryosuke. After all, I’ve been calling you Mirai-chan. It’s a little unfair, ne?”

I nodded of course. I'll get used to calling him that eventually. Then I spotted the restaurant where we ate, just a few stores away and pulled him there quickly; he just obliged.

“This I wanna blog about! Smile!”
 
_________________________________________________

May 20, 2011 – Friday
 
A memory to keep!
 
So today, I’d like to share just this:
 

 
Sometimes, it’s not about the place, or the time or what you’ve eaten or done… none of them will ever be special if you don’t have the right person with you. As for me, being lost in New York will be one of the best moment’s that happened in my life. Why? because I’m with one of the best people in the world. Well then minna, till next time!

 

_________________

 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME! HAVE A GREAT DAY GUYS! :)