N+3xRx

Monster

 

Turns out that blonde boy isn’t the only ‘specimen’ here. There are three others. Daesung doesn’t count, I refuse to acknowledge that he’s some sort of monster. Not Daesung.

I sit in another observatory room, watching another specimen. He looks younger than me. Short black hair, and bright purple eyes. Unlike the blonde boy, he seems totally okay with who he is.

He dashes across the room at a white mannequin, shattering it with a huge smirk.

“I think you’re making these things softer and softer,” he calls to the women behind the glass with me, who my mom introduced to me as Cho Hee. I don’t know where my mom is, but I can tell Cho Hee isn’t super happy to have to baby sit. She ignores the boys comment, but I laugh.

“Aren’t they just mannequins?” I ask him, and he turns to me, grin growing wider.

“They’re supposedly indestructible training bodies, ITB’s, but as you can see,” he gestures proudly to the pile of ITB that is now being swept away by a machine, “they’re more like mannequins.”

 I smile at him. He’s friendly. I wonder if the other two specimens I haven’t met are nice like him.

“Go,” Cho Hee instructs, and the boy runs at another ITB, punching it and yelling ‘KYAAAAA!’

I can’t help but giggle. Fighting the urge to ask his name, I watch him destroy ITB after ITB, and Cho Hee the Uptight get more and more frustrated.

He throws an ITB against the wall and I can’t help it anymore.

“What’s your name?” I ask him.

He raises his eyebrows, seeming surprised at the question. Eyes on Cho Hee, he hesitates before responding.

“N+3xRx,” he replies, and the Uptight gives a wry smile. She checks a box on her paper before turning to the door.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t do anything,” She mutters to no one in particular before swiping her card and leaving.

I stare after her and stick out my tongue. N+3xRx laughs.

“Seungri,” he whispers, and I turn back to him.

“What?”

“My name’s Seungri,” he whispers again.

“Why are you whis…” I trail off as he points to several security cameras that I hadn’t seen before. “Oh.”

He grins. “What’s yours?”

“Minji,” I reply easily. I never realized how much a name could mean to someone.

“You’re obviously normal,” Seungri rolls his eyes jokingly, “so why are you in this hellhole?”

“I got suspended from school. Mom brought me to work with her. Dunno where she is now.” I tell him, and he raises his eyebrows.

“Quite the job she has, isn’t it? I remember going to work with my mom. She worked at a bakery.” He sighs happily, sitting down.

“How do you…remember all this?” I ask slowly.

“I’m relatively new here. That, and I don’t reject the treatments they give me, seeing as I know they won’t work. So they don’t drill on me as hard.”

“Smart…” I murmur. I wonder if Daesung’s realized that.

“What?” He asks. Did I just say that out loud?

“My, uh, friend…he just got sent here. Few days ago, actually. I was wondering if he knew that.”

“Aish, I’m sorry,” Seungri mutters, “That . Reaallly bad. This is honestly one of the worst places you can end up. I think I’d rather be in jail.”

I raise an eyebrow. “Why?”

He leans forward, purple eyes sparkling. “’Cause you can get out of jail.”

I’m absorbed in his words when Cho Hee comes back in, and she hesitates when Seungri and I stare at her.

“You,” she points to me, “come on. We’re going to see your friend.”

I can’t believe it! This must be some kind of joke. I don’t care though, I get to see him again! I lean close to Seungri, pressing my hand to the clear divider and smiling.

“Bye,” I whisper, and he smiles back.

“Good luck,” he murmurs, and I follow Cho Hee out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Short chapter. I know.

I'll be updating this more often. I kinda got caught up in my other fanfic. Sorry xD

Hope you guys like it!~