My Crush on Four-Eyes

Love Me, Honey

   There he was. Reading quietly at his desk, as usual. His long dark hair fell in front of his face, and he brushed it away slightly, adjusting his glasses. He stayed silent.

   I watched him from my desk in awe. He was so into his book he didn't even notice me ogling him.

   The bell rang signalling the end of school, and he put his book away and gathered up his books, walking out as usual without a word. I stared at his tall back as he left.

   "Youngjae!" Minhee said sharply. I jumped. "Minhee! I-I..."

   Minhee laughed, gathering up her own books. "Staring at Kim Jaejoong. I know you have this weird crush-thing going on, but you gotta clear your head, girl. Exams are coming up."

   I sighed and piled up my notebooks and pencil case into my arms.

   My name is Park Youngjae, and ever since I started high school as a sophomore, I've had this huge crush on a boy in my class called Kim Jaejoong. He's quiet, and never speaks to anybody. He's smart, and is always number one in our class. He wears glasses and is always reading something. People call him bookworm, nerd, four-eyes.....

   Strange, I know. Why would I like a guy like that? But he's just....I dunno. I just know that somewhere, behind those glasses, his face must be really cute. I just think that quiet, gentle, powerful aura that radiates from him is just so.....

   "Indescribable," I muttered.

   "What?"

   "Nothing."

   Minhee suddenly stopped and giggled in the hallway. "Look! Look! It's Park Yoochun, Shin Changmin, Kim Junsu, and Jung Yunho!"

   We looked at the crowded hallways. It was easy finding the Popular Four, as I called them. Just look for a crowd of screaming and giggling girls and they'd be there, without fail.

   "You're so lucky having Park Yoochun as your oppa," Minhee said jealously. "I bet the Popular Four go to your house, like, all the time!"

   "They do, and the P4 gets on my nerves, to be honest." Yoochun-oppa has been friends with the others for years, and they've always been parading through my house. It's gotten to the point where I don't even find them hot anymore. They just became more brothers to me.

   They noticed us and sauntered over. "Hey, Youngjae. Minhee," they said, smiling. Yoochun put me in a headlock and wrestled with me for a bit. "Why don't you say hello to your brother?" He demanded, pouting.

   I laughed and wriggled free. "Hello, Yoochun-oppa."

   "And us," the others added, pouting as well. I groaned as I went through each of their names. "Hello, Yunho-oppa, Junsu-oppa, Changmin-oppa. You're all exceptionally annoying today."

   They grinned at me. Minhee blushed furiously even standing close to them, and I saved her from embarassing herself over something by grabbing her arm and dragging her away to our lockers.

   "OMG I nearly had a heart attack! They're so hot!" Minhee gasped, clutching her heart.

   "Wanna know who I think is hot?" I giggled. "Kim Jaejoong!"

   "You and that nerd, Youngjae! Focus more on important stuff, such as getting a boyfriend!"

   "I don't want a boyfriend unless it's Jaejoong," I replied huffily. We laughed.

   "Speaking of the devil," Minhee whispered. I stopped and looked at what she was staring at.

   Jaejoong was leaving, backpack over his shoulder. He looked like he was in a hurry.

   "If you really wanna be with that nerd, Youngjae, go confess! Go tell him now!" Minhee whispered urgently.

   I started panicking. "I can't! I haven't mentally prepared myself! Besides, he looks like he's in a rush!"

   Minhee shoved me violently in the general direction. "Hurry up, before he disappears! Come on, if you tell him today, I'll stop pestering you about the whole nerd-crush thing!"

   I hesitated. What a tempting offer. "Fine, but you're going to have to comfort me when I get my heart broken."

   Minhee laughed. "Oh please, he should be lucky a girl as cute as you is confessing to him. Now go!"

   I ran after him. 

   He was so tall I couldn't catch up even when running. I could only see the barest hint of him before he was gone again. I ran after him for what seemed like hours....

   I looked up. Oh my god. I was in a red light district. Players were hooking up with s in miniskirts, and people were making out every five steps.

   What was Kim Jaejoong doing here?

   I saw him go down a street, and I ran after him.

   I watched as he dropped his backpack, and rumpled his neatly combed hair until it was stylish. Then he took off his glasses.

   My jaw dropped. Oh my dear sweet lord, I think this is what it feels like having a heart attack. He was gorgeous. His face was so perfect and handsome and adorable and y in every way....

   A couple of girls walked past him and giggled. "Heeeeyyyy, handsome. Wanna go to a bar with us?" They posed ily for him.

   I snorted under my breath as I watched as discreetly as possible. They were wasting their breath.

   "Of course, sweethearts," Jaejoong said, smiling at them. "In fact, I'll treat you all to dinner AND breakfast."

   The girls squealed at his hidden meaning and flocked around him.

   I gasped.

   What just happened there?

   Was that really Kim Jaejoong?