Me and My Mr. G (Chapter 25: I Bumped into Dark Circles)

Me and My Mr. G

 

CHAPTER 25: I Bumped into Dark Circles

 

After 3 weeks….

 

Stella: Look, Piper! Come on here!

 

We were still in the office and it’s quarter to 6. We just finished our afternoon shift with the kids and we were just getting ready to go home. I was stacking up their drawings in the cabinet when Stella found something amazing on tv.

 

Piper: Stella, turn off that tv. I wanna go home…

Stella: No wait! Look here! Eep! It’s BigBang TV! No, GD TV! OMG!

Piper: What? Where?

 

Okay, so she got me there. Well, the truth is I haven’t seen Jiyong/ GD again after we left Eun Joo’s house last few weeks ago. I never called or he never called me again. Not that I’m disappointed and all, actually I feel relieved that we don’t have to see each other again because I might remember my embarrassing and upsetting moment when I found out that Eun Joo isn’t the one I’m looking for. He might question me about it or even comfort me with what happened. I really don’t want to talk about it anymore.

 

Stella: Hey! Snap out of it!

Piper: What?

Stella: You’re staring at the tv. I know. He’s gorgeous! *smiles*

Piper: *blushes* Heck no! Turn off that thing and let’s go!

 

And mind you, Stella doesn’t know I met him in person or even rode his ever elegant car. She might freak out and nag me about it forever. Stella’s kind but she can be like Keisha when it comes to idols. She’s a er for them.

 

We rode the bus home and Stella decided to go to the showers to refresh herself. And when I mean refresh, she’s gonna take for about an hour inside. Yeah, lucky me. *hope you got my sarcasm there*

 

I changed my clothes to comfortable ones then when I was pulling off my skinny pants, my phone rang. Surprised by the ring tone, I fell to the ground. Ow.

 

Piper: Yoboseo?

Ahjumma: Piper???

Piper: Eo. Ahjumma! Is everything alright?

Ahjumma: Ne. ne, don’t worry. It’s just that I need you for a favour right now. Can you come?

Piper: Oh, sure. I just left work and it’s a Friday night. I won’t be doing anything. *I lied, I wanted to doze off early*

Ahjumma: That’s great! Mr. Lee is setting up for his proposal! Can you deliver bouquets of flowers to him?

Piper: Sure. Sure, I’ll be right there. *hangs up*

 

I got up and put back on my pants again. Jeez, am I getting fat or something? These skinny pants sure are tight. I opened my closet for a plain v-neck white tee so that I can go. Oops, wait there. When I looked in the mirror, my face is missing something. Oh, yes. I’ve got to lay down my hair. It’s gonna be cold outside so I need some warmth at least. I closed my door and headed outside.

 

I left a note to Stella that I just needed to do some errands from the shop and that she just go on have dinner without me. It might be traffic outside this night. I took the bouquets to the shop’s bicycle and gone off. Kyaaaa, I haven’t been riding the bicycle these days. I’m so glad I can do this with ahjumma’s errands.

 

When the traffic light signalled “go”, I quickly cycled again and went forwards. Just then a van crossed the intersection that made me went to a forced halt. Since, I went for the break unexpectedly; my flowers were all over the street.

 

Piper: Sweet peppers! What the heck?!

 

Just then, a man came along from the inside of the van and he went towards me. Furiously thinking what I will do with these, I charged him and shouted at him.

 

Piper: Are you even aware that OUR sign is GO?! Meaning yours is STOP?? Every driver should know that, you punk!

 

Surprisingly, I didn’t get any furious response. Instead, he looked at me like he was very stunned to speak.

 

Man: We’re sorry. We’re just in a hurry. I…we…didn’t mean...

 

Wait a minute, why do I feel like I saw this guy before…I looked closer to his worried face and saw familiar dark circles that were full of tension. Then I gasped.

 

Piper: You…you’re Seungri…right?

Seungri: *surprised* Eo. Ne, chesonghamnida! *bows*

Piper: Aiiishh, *murmurs* I should really stop getting in an idol’s way.

Seungri: Look, I can pay for those. Really.

Piper: *sighs deeply* I don’t need your money, okay? These are on-rush deliveries. I don’t have time to go back to the shop and replace them.  Ugh.

Seungri: I’m really sorry. *scans the place* Eo. There’s a flower shop! *grabs my wrist* Kaja!

Piper: Woah, wait. What about my bicycle? What about this mess? And that shop sure is expensive.

Seungri: Look, please let me take care of everything, okay? *smiles*

 

I had no choice but to agree. I have like 20 minutes to go before Mr. Lee’s said time, I had to replace them and save his proposal. Gods. We went inside the shop and it was fully air-conditioned unlike in ahjumma’s shop. Jeez, I can’t even step foot in a place like this. I just followed Seungri’s lead and he ordered 3 bouquets of flowers just like I told him to. When the flowers were out, I got my jaw dropped. These are miraculously, beautiful flowers! Like fresh from heaven! Not that I’m saying our products are not good but damn, these are seriously worth thousands. Jeez.

 

Piper: They’re beautiful. *looks stunned*

Seungri: *smiles* I’m really sorry about what happened. I hope I can make up for that.

Piper: You kidding? You totally made up. These are no joke.

Seungri: Hmm, but I still feel guilty. *upset face*

Piper: Aniyo. It’s really okay now. Thank you, I should really get going. A customer’s waiting for me.

Seungri: Wait. I can drive you there. Please?

Piper: Uhm, you just said you guys are in a rush…

Seungri: I’m sure we can be late for a few minutes. *smiles* C’mon.

 

I rode in their van and again, another jaw-dropping moment. I’ve never really ridden an idol’s van before. So this is what it feels when you’re a star in Korea. Sweet. He also let my bicycle in just at the back of the van.

 

Seungri: I’m really sorry, miss…?

Piper: it’s Piper. *smiles* I’m sorry too, if I had to shout at you. It’s just that…

Seungri: It’s really fine. I was kind of stunned because it’s really my first time being shouted by a girl.

Piper: Oh. I made a bad record then? *embarrassed*

Seungri: *laughs* No, it’s okay. Really.

 

When we got into Mr. Lee’s residence, I immediately gave him the flowers and good thing his fiancé is not here yet. He was surprised to see a bunch of gorgeous flowers and even gave me a tip. When I went back to the van, I saw Seungri waiting for me inside.

 

Seungri: How was it?

Piper: It’s great! His fiancé’s not there yet so everything’s fine. He even gave me a tip!

Seungri: *smiles* that’s great. So…I was wondering, uhm Piper.

Piper: Yeah?

Seungri: Can I invite you to this party we’re attending? It’s a congratulatory party for my hyung. Will you come?

Piper: Ohh, well. Uhm, I guess it won’t hurt to come? *forces to smile*

Seungri: That’s great! Thank you, Piper. *smiles*

 

Gosh. Did I ever tell you that an idol’s smile is so melting me here? I can’t help but to adore the curve in each end of his lips whenever he’s smiling. Jeez, and his face is more flawless than mine.

 

Seungri: So, you deliver flowers for a living?

Piper: No, actually. It’s just a favour from an ahjumma. I teach kids their Basic English.

Seungri: Oh,jinjja? So you’re a teacher. That’s really cute.

Piper: *blushes* eo. Thanks. Uhm, so…who’s hyung you’re talking about?

Seungri: Oh. Jiyong hyung. Our leader?

 

*then I coughed unexpectedly*

 

Seungri: Are you okay?

Piper: What? Oh, I’m fine. *forces to smile* Oh…then it’s GD.

Seungri: Yep. One and only. *smiles*

Piper: Greaaat. *sarcastic tone*

 

Jeez. What’s with this day? Am I really fated to see him again? Ugh. Well, I can’t get away to the situation, right? It’s just that it’s really embarrassing and all to meet him again. I don’t think I can face him.

 

When we got to this bar, he led me the way and voila! I saw a bunch of party people with elegant but casual dresses all enjoying a loud party music. I got conscious because I’m just wearing a plain tee and a messy pulled down hair. Seungri led me to this VIP table at the back where I saw familiar faces. There are the other Big Bang members all shiny with their charismatic aura, Teddy with his hoodie, and YG sajangnim with a black polo and a cap. Then I saw Teddy oppa spotted Seungri walking towards them.

 

Teddy: Yo! Seungri! What took you so long?

 

When we got closer, they were all surprised by the presence of a plain jane walking at the back of Seungri. Gosh, it’s really embarrassing. Just then, Seungri broke the silence.

 

Seungri: Guys, this is Piper. Piper, meet my family. *smiles*

Piper: Uhm, annyeonghaseyo. *bows nervously*

 

Again, silence filled in. Good thing YG sajangnim spoke a word.

 

YG: Ya, maknae. You never told us you were dating. C’mon sit here. She’s welcome. *smiles*

 

I really like to disapprove with what he said but I was tongue-tied. I can’t speak with their presence all raging on me. This is really driving me nuts. Idols and me in one table? You’ve got to be kidding me. I sat beside Seungri with shaking body.

 

Seungri: *whispers at me* I’m sorry for that. It’s my first time to bring a girl, please understand.

Piper: *I mouthed* It’s fine!

 

Then, Teddy oppa can’t hide his curiosity that he turned his attention to Seungri.

 

Teddy: So, how’d you met her?

Seungri: We just met earlier. I bumped into her bicycle when we were rushing over here.

Teddy: She’s pretty. *winks at him*

*I blushed*

Seungri: Ya, hyung. You’re mistaken!

Taeyang: Teddy hyung, don’t push too much. He might get embarrassed. It’s his first, c’mon!

Teddy: Ya, Youngbae! You should be embarrassed! Maknae got his date and you have none, STILL?

*Then they all laughed*

YG: Eo. Here comes the star of the night!

 

When I looked to where sajangnim is pointing, I saw Jiyong with his red messy kind of hair walking towards us. Jeez, why does my heart beat faster than before?

 

Daesung: ya, hyung! Congratulations! *gave him a hug*

Jiyong: *laughs* thanks, daesungiee.

 

Then Jiyong spotted me. He was surprised I was sitting with the others that he was left stunned by my presence. Teddy oppa noticed that Jiyong eyes locked on me and he volunteered to explain everything.

 

Teddy: Oh, Jiyong! Look what our maknae has brought!

Jiyong: Eo. Seungri?

Teddy: Yaaaaa. They look cute together, don’t they?

Jiyong: Eo? Ne. Nice to meet you…uhm…

Teddy: She’s Piper!

 

Good thing, TOP cut them off and gave Jiyong a drink to toast for his victory.

 

TOP: To Jiyong who’s topping the charts!

All: Cheers!

 

I looked at Jiyong who’s now sitting beside Daesung and keeping all the compliments being given to him by his colleagues.

 

Seungri: Piper? You okay?

Piper: What? Yeah, I’m good. I’m sorry but I don’t drink.

Seungri: It’s okay. I won’t force you to. *smiles*

 

But I was barely listening. I was just peeping to Jiyong who looks very different from the last time I saw him. He’s really different when he’s on his job rather than being an ordinary citizen of Korea. He has make-up on and his clothes represent a true fashionista. I can’t even wear things like those. He’s like a living Barbie doll. No, I meant Ken. Jeez.

 

Piper: Excuse me for a while. I’ll be back.

 

Whew. I never felt so relieved in my entire life after excusing from those stars. It’s just too much to handle right now. Like, life is playing on me and I don’t even want to play. Being here makes me want to pee out of nervousness. I led myself to the washroom and did what I had to do. As I left the very clean cubicle, I looked myself in the mirror. Gosh, I look like someone who’s ready to go to war. I look horrible compared to those flawless people. Jeez. My self-esteem is really not working right now. I looked at my watch, its just 8 pm. too early to leave a party, I guess.

 

Piper: What a scary face.

 

Just then, I was taken aback to hear someone coming out from one of the cubicles. Jeez, I never thought someone was inside too. I’m such an epic fail.

 

Widening my eyes, I saw a pair of long, flawless legs, and a cute pretty face. It’s Park Bom.

 

Bom: Omo. I’m sorry to bother you.

Piper: *forces to smile* Eooo, it’s okay. I…I didn’t know you were there…I…I have to leave. Chesonghamnida! *bows*

Bom: Eo! Wait! You’re the one with Seungri, right??

Piper: Uhm, yeah…he kind of invited me here. *with a shy voice*

Bom: Jinjja? That’s too cute. Hmm, I’m sorry for eavesdropping but I heard you earlier…

Piper: Eo. *blushes* That was nothing. Really!...

Bom: *laughs* And looks like I can help you with your problem. *smiles*

 

--------------------------------------

Published the wrong chapter. XD Here's the true one, though! Enjoy! :)