The Key

I'd love to love you

Runnig.

Panting.

Rain falling on the ground.

A silent scream escaping his lips.

Tears falling on the ground along with the rain.



Sehun didn't have any energy left, but he just kept on running. He wanted the pain in his heart to leave and just tire himself totally, till he doesn't feel anything.


He tripped.

A loud splash sounding in the quiet forrest.

He fell into a mud puddle, but he couldn't care less.



What did he do wrong? Why wasn't he just good enough? He had tried his best and tried to show all his feelings. The long distance is always a problem for relationships, but he just didn't want to accept it. He always thought, that this won't be a problem for them.

He turned himself in the puddle a little and was on his knees now. Without hesitating or being afraid that anybody could see, he just cried. He had always loved the forrest for that; there were never any people. At least in his forrest.

In the summer he could take long walks there and lose himself enjoying the nature. He loved the nature and being there alone: just listening to the birds, letting his ears rest from the loud city-noises. Sometimes he could just sit on a hill and sing alone. This was the best way to practice and relax, because Sehun was a complicated person with a complicated mind and needed his lonely moments from time to time.


He loved the wind, especially the summer wind. Maybe it was because he could control it; sometimes he felt like it was the only thing in this world he could control.  


The boy looked at his hands; they were scratched and dirty, but he didn't care.


In the winter he loved looking at the snow flakes falling down from the sky. Noticing every little detail of the flakes and being fascinated that all the flakes are different was a part of every winter for him. But on some rare days, he loved making the weather as windy as possible and cause a little snow storm around him. This made him feel isolated and safe; another weird way of relaxing for the young boy.

Sehun was quite a dreamer; losing himself in the nature was not a hard task. But right now, he felt too hurt to enjoy anything there.


Everything reminded him of the other boy.

Everything seemed hopeless and pointless.

Every second he breathed was painful.

Every moment sitting in that puddle he could feel something scratching his heart.

Every cell in his body was aching.



He got himself up and continued running at a slow pace. Somehow he still had some energy left; he didn't feel like passing out yet, but he was close to it.

The forrest was getting bushier and making it harder to run. Sehun could feel the trees scratch his arms and legs; he was wearing a white tank top and short pants only.

Suddenly he felt horrible exhaustion; all of his energy was gone and he kneeled down in front of a huge old tree. Rain was still falling from the sky; he thanked God, because this way his tears were washed away a second after they appeared on his face.

"Why…" he murmured in a low, deep voice, touching the tree slowly with his left hand.

Even if the boy was crying and had several scratches all over his body, he still looked beautiful. All the emotions and sadness made him look so delicate. His usually strong expression was totally gone and this person kneeling there wasn't the usual Sehun.

The fact that he was still conscious and could still move himself was making him a strong person; but he was strong only physically. His mind & heart were broken and that's why his delicate side was revealed.

"Just…"

Raising his right hand slowly, the boy closed his eyes and sighed heavily.

"WHY?!"

Sehun screamed out loud and hit the tree powerfully with his right fist. Of course, the tree was stronger than a weak human being.  It still stood there, without understanding why it was hit or why the boy was crying so hysterically in front of it.

His fist was scratched more, but he couldn't even feel any pain with the first hit.

"I know I'm not perfect,"

Second hit.

"and I know that Xiumin is probably a better person than I am…"

Third hit. Blood was now dripping from the boy's fist.

"BUT-…"

Suddenly, his fist was stopped. Somebody had appeared behind him and grabbed it. The hand was warm and making his cold wrist feel something different from pain and iciness.

"Stop it," the person said and slowly also grabbed Sehun's other hand to help him stand up. Sehun was still facing the tree and didn't bother to turn himself around; this had happened too suddenly and his brain couldn't give him any commands yet.

He surrendered and let the mysterious person lift his body up.

The person put his hands around Sehun's chest; he was holding him strongly but still comfortably. He wouldn't have the energy to stand alone right now, but with warm hands  holding him around his chest, he could pull himself together a bit.

"You are a wonderful person." The words were whispered softly into Sehun's ear.

"And whoever hurt you this much…" The hands around Sehun's chest were released and turned him now around.

"…does not deserve you, Sehun. "

Sehun was facing Kai and looking into his wonderful eyes. He could notice the anxiety in them. The next moment, the older boy pulled him into a deep kiss which seemed to last forever and hugged him tightly after that.

"Don't cry anymore. I'm here and I love you," he said.

And Sehun couldn't resist; he started crying even more. But now his tears didn't fall for Luhan. They were falling for Kai, because he wanted to be a good person and answer to the boy's love.


But he couldn't.


He couldn't open his heart to the person hugging and comforting him right now, because the boy far away from him who brought him into this horrible condition was still holding the key to it.