Part Two - The Old Building's Fantasy.

The Backyard's Story
Please log in to read the full chapter

Part Two

-

The Old Building's Fantasy.

 

 

 

The next day, she went directly to the old building, not minding that the first period has already started. She threw her bag on the ground as she arrived in the familiar classroom and put the notebook on the piano and began to play right away, skipping her usual hand warming exercise. It was the partition that was modified by someone else, she didn't want to believe that what she couldn't find in a year was found by a stranger she met only twice. It was impossible. There was no way. She composed it. She made it. She gave birth to it. There's no way, no way-

She bit her lips. It was exactly what she was searching all this time. The exact melody she couldn't make in a whole year. She clenched her fists. A stranger found that melody, and she hated it. It infuriated her. It was her music. But somebody else knew her music better than her.

She threw a punch on the piano, out of rage. The keys pitch sounds resound in the old building like a bell, and it took a few minutes for it to disappear. She kept the same position, the head ducked and the punch still on the keys, her back trembling.

"Hey, are you alright ?"

She recognized that low tone immediately and jump out from her chair to grab that man by the collar, sticking her face to him.

"How did you find out ?" She swished through her clenched teeth.

The guy was much astounded by her sudden attack, his glasses fell as she grabbed him too suddenly. He stared at her with big eyes.

"How ?!" She raised her voice, squizzing his collar.

He coughed awkwardly, a brow raised up.

"You're talking about the partition ? I've listened to you many times, so I heard what was wrong..." His voice lowered as he saw flames in her furious gaze.

"So you're saying that you found out just listening a few times ? What I was working on for a whole year ?" Her lips was trembling, too infuriated to be able to control herself.

"Not just a few times, quite a lot..." He attempted to calm her down, but failed as she tightened her grip, making him barely able to breath.

"You... !" She stared furiously at him, words not coming out of .

Finally, she loosened her grip and her arms dropped. She hang her head down and stand like that, not talking, not moving. The man fell on his , rubbing his neck, gasping for air. When he looked up, he swear he saw tears in the eyes of the usually strong girl he's always seen. He stood up, bent down a little so he will be at the same height as the girl and slowly put his hand on her shoulder.

"Are you al-" She slapped his hand away.

"Don't touch me with your ty hand." She threw a hatred glare to him.

As if she finally woke up from her trance, she made her way to the piano and took the notebook. She seemed to hesitate a moment, bitting her lips but then, she tore her hardwork into pieces.

"Hey ! What are doing ? Are you crazy ? You've worked so hard on it !" The man tried to stop her.

"I've told you not to touch me !" She pushed him away.

"Fine ! I won't touch you ! Why are you doing that !" He pointed at the lumps of sheets on the ground.

"Because it's all wasted ! It's not mine anymore ! You ruined it !" She yelled out of rage.

"Wha-"

The enraged girl picked up her bag and stomped out of the classroom, leaving a completely disconcerted man behind her. And she never came back the few weeks after.

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Hey ! You could say sorry !" A blonde girl yelled as a brune one bumped into her.

The smaller brune girl glared sharply at her. "You were getting in the way."

The blonde one scoffed. "It's you again, Park InJung. Last time with my boyfriend wasn't enough for you, so you're shoving me here ?"

Park InJung, or better-known as SoYeon, raised a brow, staring disdainfully the blonde one from head to toe. "Well, possibly, I don't remember since like you are everywhere."

"You... !" The blonde girl raised her hand to slap the petite girl, before she was stopped by her friend who whispered something in her ear.

She smirked as she heard her friend's words and let down of her hand. She purposely pushed the brune when she passed by her, murmuring : "Don't think things end here, Viper." and went away, with a bunch of followers after her.

SoYeon couldn't care less and carried on her way to the dining hall.

 

SoYeon's eyes widened as she came back to her classroom for lunch. Her table disappeared. Or rather, someone took it. And she had an idea of who. She left her classroom to stomp into the one few doors away. She spotted the blonde '' with her followers around her, laughing stupidly. She made her way to her, people giving way to her, not daring to provoke her in any way. Finally, she arrived in front of the blonde girl who stopped laughing as she saw her.

"Oh my~ What do I have here ? Park. In. Jung." She smirked insolently.

"Where's my table ?" SoYeon went straight to the point.

"How would I know ? Perhaps in the rubbish bin ? Oh, excuse-me, the rubbish bin is your house." The blonde brainless followers sniggered.

SoYeon taped her feet, her patience reaching its limit. "Where is it ?"

The blonde shrugged, rolling her eyes. "I don't know ? Where do you think is the rubbish bin ?"

SoYeon was about to reiterate when someone shouted. "Hey ! Something's burning in the backyard !"

She turned her stare to the blonde girl. "You did not dare..."

The blonde just shrugged, still smirking. SoYeon rushed out to the classroom and ran to the place where the fire took place... The backyard.

When she arrived in the old court, huffing and puffing, her table was burning. She distinctively saw her bag in the flames and quickly went there, taking off her waistcoat to put out the fire. She desperately tried to save her bag, but the fire was too big and in the end, even her waistcoat took fire. She was coughing, trying to take off her cardigan when someone shrieked.

"Your skirt ! Your skirt's burning !"

That's when SoYeon screamed, realizing the fire was slowly taking on her skirt.

"Someone ! Someone help me !"

Just then, someone splashed on her brown coloured water, extincting by the way the fire. The petite girl was so taken aback that she couldn't say anything, just smelling the stinking smell on her.

"Don't need to thank me. Thank the cleaning lady, she lend the toilet's water for you." The blonde sniggered and after contemplating her work, she went back to where she came from.

As the bell rang, the spectactors left one by one the scene, leaving the stunned soaked girl behind.

Finally, when SoYeon regained her mind, she took her burnt bag and decided to go to the old building. Though she was reluctant, it was better than going back to school in that state and... It's been weeks now, he shoudn't be here anymore. She thought.

She walked up the familiar wooden stairs and heard the creaking sound she didn't hear for a long time. She was kind of overwhelmed by a weird feeling as she was walking to the familiar classroom she usually went almost everyday before. She couldn't hide her surprise to find the place exactely like when she left it, except the fact that the lumps of papers disappeared. She dragged her feet towards the old piano and hesitated to touch it, but did it anyway. She felt her heart thumping at the touch. She didn't want to admit it, but she really missed it.

"So you've finally came back. I thought you would never going to make a step here."

And this voice has also become a part of here, so much that she wasn't even surprised to hear him. But she didn't want to see him. She still hasn't completely calmed herself yet to be able to forgive this guy, she didn't know what she could do once she saw him. Thus, she kept on facing her back to him, thinking that perhaps he would leave if she ignored him, because right now, she needed to be alone.

"Oh god ! What happened ? Why are you soaked ?" He gasped. "And your bag ! It is... It is burnt !" He yelped. "Are you fine ? Did you hurt yourself somewhere ? Did you burn yourself ?" He went before her and grasped her shoulders, carefully looking if she had wounds somewhere.

But he suddenly remembered how she snapped at him before when he touched her, so he quickly took his hands off her. "Oh sorry ! I forgot you didn't like me touching you..."

He silenced as he saw two teardrops fall on the ground. Her whole body was trembling, but she wasn't moving at all, clenching on her skirt like a little girl.

"Are you a stalker ? Why are you always here when I'm coming here ?" Her voice came out as little sobbings.

He raised his hand towards her, hesitating a moment, but, seeing the situation, even if she didn't like it, he pulled her between his arms. SoYeon was stupefied by his action and tried to push him away, but his strength was surprisingly great, she couldn't even make a step backward.

"It's ok. Take me as invisible." He her hair like a father would do to his daughter.

She was completely in state of shock, but her tears fell nonetheless. Because, true that she wanted to be alone, because her pride wouldn't allow anyone to see her in this state, but having someone else's warmth in this moment was what she needed the most. Thus, she wrapped her arms around him and cried her heart content.

 

______________________________________________________________

 

 

 

"Are you seriously asking me to wear that." SoYeon made a disgusted face as the man handed her a bunny costume.

"Weither you keep on stinking or you make a fool of yourself with that, is up to you." He folded his arms, offended by her reaction when he went to the trouble to find her a piece of clothing to change.

The brune contemplated the choices a moment and came to a decision. "Fine."

She litteraly snatched the costume from his hand and pointed the door. "Out." She commanded.

He rolled his eyes and made his way to the door, the two hand on the back of his head.

"Yes Ma'am." He flouted.

"If you dare to sneak you're a dead meat !" She shouted through the door when he closed it.

He couldn't help but to chuckle at her threat, because it was finally the peppy girl he knew. He was standing in front of the door, looking at his feet and, out of boredom, he began to hum to himself.

"Have you finished ?" He turned a little to make his voice through the door but was surprised as the feminine voice yelled : "I've told you I'll kill you if you turned around !", thus he quikly backfaced the door again.

"I'm nearly done, but I can't zip up the zip on my back, come help me." She said as she opened the door and show him her back.

He awkwardly took the zip and put it back up, for he wasn't used to things like this.

"Ow !" She suddenly shouted which made him startled. "Watch out my hair !"

"Oh sorry."

So he got the zip back down, took the lock of hair which escaped from SoYeon's hand and successfully zipped up the costume this time. Then, he burst into a gales of laughter as SoYeon turn

Please log in to read the full chapter